[Suggestion] Development Platform

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by raykor, Jun 24, 2016.

1. raykor

We all know there are very few MMOFPS games on the market. And this forum proves that many of us have our own ideas on how such a game should be designed.

I would like to see DBG offer the PS2 engine and tools as a development platform. Groups would develop their version of the ideal MMOFPS and DBG would host the games. naturally their would be some sort of monetization scheme where both DBG and the amateur developers would each benefit.
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadAlive99

Sounds very interesting.
  3. Psycho13

I'd like to see fewer fukkin hax in the game.
  4. Devilllike

Well we do need an escape from cod crap
  5. Alan Kalane

I Hate to be that guy but this idea holds no water.
    How do you even imagine this would work? Like lets say 10 000 people submitted their games and then what, DBG is going to try each and every one of them to see if they are playable, do not contain malware and have no backdoor for cheaters?

Another thing is that developing an MMO solo or even in a small group is unheard of. Like nobody succeeded in doing so. It takes a damn lot of time and money to create the game and then you have to pay for the server upkeep which is massive in case of MMOs and especially an MMOFPS where the server ping has to be very low at all times

Finally, even if those problems were solved, what you suggest is to allow people to create their own PS2 clone. Not a mod, cuz you can't mod an MMO. And that's a completely different story because it's like shouting out loud "we do not care about the Planetside licence anymore, anybody please come and take it and we won't do anything about it"