How much would a Planetside anime cost?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sebastian oscar post, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastian oscar post

*looks at cost* oh...god...why
  2. sebastian oscar post

3. Shadowomega

Actually, I actually remember someone that did a great battle scene in old Anime style. Rock out to this one.

4. sebastian oscar post

HOLY S**T!
  5. sebastian oscar post

MOTHERF***ING BUMP!
  6. sebastian oscar post

7. sebastian oscar post

8. sebastian oscar post

time for the daily bump!
  9. Sil4ntChaozz

Nice stereotype that's sadly mostly true or much darker. There are 'cartoons' for adults. But at that point there not cartoons anymore.
  10. sebastian oscar post

11. Keiichi25

Coming into this a little late... To be honest, as an Anime Fan... The issue is going to be more of 'will it sell'.

No company has done well in trying to promote an Anime or Animation unless it has a good vested interest going for it.

Take for example some of the attempts of US ventures:

Battletech - One of the more obscure Strategy Games that had a decent and still does have a decent book series going for it, had several games, namely Mechwarrior, before they tried to do a BattleTech Cartoon series. Tried to promo toys for it as well, but didn't last very long because not many people really got into it other than some of the BattleTech fans who didn't care too much of the fact that the plot was a bit weak given it was set during one of the current known genres at the time, which was the Clans.

Exo-Squad - Was a cheesy space opera like series, and also had toys to promo it, but again, didn't last too long.

Several re-hashes of GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spiderman Series and the like.

You will also note that in most cases, the American enjoyment of Animation has gone down the crapper with Bob's Burgers, South Park, Adventure Time and what not, mostly because silly or child animation is more appealing to the masses in the US than compared to what Japan puts out. And while Japan's Anime fan base is also young adult, you do find some good series that aren't like the bad humor ones like you see in the US.

The thing that has the Japanese Anime going for them, is that some of them are also based on Manga Sales and popularity.

Planetside 2 is not 'hugely' popular, imho. At least, not one that would justify doing what Blizzard does with Warcraft or Starcraft. The other thing that Blizzard has going for their IP is the fact that Warcraft and Starcraft has a story that players do play out. Planetside 2, just from my long argument about the stupid loading screens, shows most people here don't bother READING the lore about this game and could care less. What more, the lore is what helps dictate some of the reasons or a plot for an anime. But again, most US viewers are too short on attention span to really follow through on a plot, and even if you shot for an hour, you still wouldn't get enough of a work into on any one faction in comparison to what Disney and the Mouse are pulling off in a half hour with Rebels.

And note, with Rebels, which is a Star Wars IP, where most of us KNOW the lore or is familiar with it, could get into it easier than anyone who is shown Planetside. And mind you, that is to get 'commital' into it. Anime is much like TV shows, but animation will cost a little more as you are not 'filming', you are doing frame by frame drawing or if CGI is involved, you are paying for rendering time to stage what you want to pull off, then committing time to find the right voice actors (Not even top billing, you want at least people who can do voices right for the action), Scoring it, and most of all, a decent story.

Unless you are going for a campy 'Red vs Blue' bit, you might as well just do your own 'anime' by recording in game and playing it out and dubbing in voices (Since no one can really see 'lips' in the game anyways).

In the long run, you are better off doing your own thing , but you will find the time and effort to make it into a production level quality or a non-parody like show, will be less worth while.
  12. Keiichi25

One more thing to note... Warcraft, the game itself, has been around for about 22 years. 1994 was when Warcraft first came out and World of Warcraft came out about a year or two after Planetside, which was 2004 according to the Wiki on Warcraft.

Note, the movie is set roughly around Warcraft the game. And while the movie itself is mostly Live Action with CGI, it hasn't had an Anime for itself. There are a lot of anime that are RPG based, but then again, Japan has had a major history of RPG based games and made more of a casual reference to MMOs with some of their Animes as well, but only to a off hand chance as much as how World of Warcraft has a lot of popular references off handly mentioned in theirs.

Again, given the popularity of Warcraft and the fact that it took literally 22 years to do a movie for it, where the ingame Cinema was epic for its time and continues to be so if you look at it going forward... The movie was sort of half received here... I doubt daybreak will commit any money towards an Anime, especially one that most people will not really 'get into'.

And one last thing. Check out 'Aldnoah Zero' on http://www.cruncyroll.com. This is one of the few Japanese Anime series, where it originated more as the series than from any established Manga or story they had. Content wise, it had reasonable drama, the obvious 'cheesecake' for some and some humor, but over all one that did reasonably well.
  13. Nie_Tutaj

I would love a series on Planetside, but I don't think that an anime suits it too well. I kind of think that mo-cap would work well for Planetside, similar to what RoosterTeeth does with RedvBlue, but that is pricey as hell.
  14. sebastian oscar post

15. TheFlamingLemon

It would cost us our dignity

P.S. whoever necro'd this, shame on you

Edit: Oh my god, this guy really needs to stop bumping his thread.
  16. TheFlamingLemon

You are breaking the forum's rules. Stop.
  17. ColonelChingles

They did make a Dead Space short cartoon that was decently well done. It's the only example of a cartoon made from a video game that I can think of.

Warning, it can get kinda graphic.

Made by EA, I would think they contracted it out to some film firm.
  18. DoucheSlayer

I bet you dirty weeaboos would like katanas and an outfit dojo and japanese tattoos that say basic things like "water."
  19. DoucheSlayer

My god the people offended are replying with anime content, weebs can't stop posting it in every post..
  20. RainbowDash9

id like a katana.. As for the other two, i have a goku Gi T-shirt does that count? and tattoos are useless to me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.