[Suggestion] Xp for Aegis Shield users (NC MAX ES Ability)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DragenoidHighLord, Jun 13, 2016.

1. DragenoidHighLord

So TR have lockdown,which yields faster fire rate,but leaves you stationary and limiting you to 180 view,which unless indoors ends up with you being dead (acceptions being good positions on a cliff etc.That ability gives a nice yield for,well kills.

VS have ZOE,which is even if nerfed still making the VS MAX pretty good,i mean long range and close range.Nerfed or not it yields you kills with its benefits,sure not a killstreak of 50 but its something.

And then there is the Aegis shield which absorbs damage until it reaches its capacity and starts losing "HP" until its depleted and its unable to be used intill it replenishes.But its no pushover if used at right times,when certed up it can take a brick of C4 which we all know is MAXes main and unavoidable weakness but the Aegis shield does help well.It does leave the MAX vunrable and unarmed and as a trade off being absorption of all frontal damage.And if you never tried to take down a NC MAX with AS its a pain since their shield does not lose power untill you hit it with something strong like RL or concentrated fire.And sometimes its absurd the ammount of damage those shields can absort and at least for that they should recieve XP for the absorbed damage and the bigger the damage absorbed the bigger yield.

This could go both ways for the shield max and who ever is opening fire on it.Ribbon for it would be Damage Supression or something like that,since you are absorbing damage and AS one of the most team based abilitiy in MAX arsenal.

So what do ya think about the Aegis shield?Should it get this XP yield?
  2. Horrida Messor

Getting 1 less BTK is SOOOOO good /sarcasm
    check your facts then suggest anything
    • Up x 3
  3. DragenoidHighLord

Well pardon me then because as far as i know all i really know about ZOE without wasting 5 hours of digging across the PS2 Wiki is (its nerfed to being useless your better off with charge) and i don't obviously don't care by the looks of it about VS arsenal or their adjustments and nerfs.But if your facepalming why did i mention the ZOE as a good ability,i figured it from this video here.

But my suggestion isn't about talking crap about ZOE and how im sloppy with my data.The main idea i was always thinking of ZOE, is "float like a butterly,sting like a bee" now what is it in the reality is always going to be diffrent and some people can work with it very well.
    This is about the Aegis shield would it be good to add XP gain for absorbing dmg and for dealing dmg to the shield.
  4. Horrida Messor

Except the fact that this idea falls flat on its rear - you light up like a Christmas tree while taking more damage and having SAME TTK as without it.
    Aegis is already best ES MAX ability and cert gain is fast enough for your suggestion to look unnecessary.
  5. Kumaro

I rarely ever see a MAX on TR's side use the Lock down since it is practically suicide vs rocket launchers, grenades and not to mention C4. And lets not even get started against vehicles unless you are in a really hard to hit position. Oh and they nerfed it's boost to the AA into oblivion :/

VS ZOE one barley makes a difference and the VS max is in personal opinion the best balanced one you are never really punished thanks to it's decent accuracy. But yeah that ZOE needs some kind of tweak (if they fix the other two ES ones)

NC the shield is a great siege breaker but for some reason rarely ever used at all. I have seen some outfits put it to use with devastating effect (they took a biolab simply by pushing with shield maxes trough all the defences.) but yeah it takes some teamwork to make that viable NC isn't the best at that i mean geez imagine if TR had that shield where majority of outfits are.

But yeah the shield is so far in the ES abilites hand out the best MAX ability given that hasn't been nerfed to the ground. Since it's viable both in offence and defence and can be used for personal protection or allied protection.

now if the lock down removed the TR MAX reload completely it would be worth the risk because of how low the accuracy of the weapons are. It is close to impossible to hit all the rounds when you fire those guns..

And ZOE just needs either one thing either damage boost or speed boost not both. or something else at all.

So far the MAX units have these roles.
    NC - CQC death defence and infantry AV mobile platforms. - limited in range
    VS - offensive power boosters and pinpoint defence units - decent range no obvious strenghts
    TR - Bruisers not really good at doing damage or being suppressors but at least adds a proper first wave to weaken the enemies before they die.
  6. DragenoidHighLord

I mean the shield is a good ability,so why not give XP for the user and the oposition,since its a diamond in the rough.Plus this also pointed out how to fix other abilities in a more bright light.Its because its a MUST on my NC max because its soo good to use it in squads or with friends,so why not give XP for it.
  7. Crayv

1 less shot to kill is a HUGE deal in this game. If they buffed the TR's T16 from 143 to 167 (only 1 less shot to kill) it would go from a rather sub-par LMG to the best one in the game (It would have the same RoF/Damage model as the Cyclone).
  8. Cyropaedia

Can we get an NS/ES version of Aegis Shield? :p. Probably the only thing creative that I yearn for. It would add some dimension to all factions for breaking into rooms. NC can get reload speed booster or something. heh.
  9. Azawarau

I swear if one more person calls Lockdown suicide im going to flip a table

Youre doing it wrong if you die quickly with it

I can lock down all day and never die

I go on solo field max runs and only get shot if a plane happens to come by and i cant AA

Its obnoxious that this fake idea is a thing
  10. Call-Me-Kenneth

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of bugs, a dimension of bold claims, a dimension of lies. You're moving into a land of both fabrications and exaggerations, of made up things and dumb ideas. You've just crossed over into Forum-Side.
  11. Eternaloptimist

As a non Max player this is, to me, a kind of interesting issue about which I am (I hope) totally objective.

Whatever the merits or drawbacks of the different ES Max abilities I can see that the TR and (arguably) the VS ones are offensive abilities by their nature - RoF or speed - with downsides (each is more vulnerable to damage for one reason or another). The NC shield though, is purely defensive and the downside is not being able to do damage.

I play all factions and I see much more use of the Aegis Shield than the other two. So I'm inclined to think it is more useful than TR or VS abilities, certainly in CQC where uncle Max really shines. Hence, I can't see why it should give bonus xp as well as being a good ability. Maxes of any faction in close combat are pretty lethal to infantry and I would have thought that the ability to survive longer and kill more enemies as a result was advantage enough.

This is not about whether Lockdown and ZOE are worth it (I don't care, frankly). I can say that I don't particularly fear any faction Max at longer range, but the NC Maxes scare me more than the others in CQC. Knowing that the evil bastid coming my way is going to drop his shield and let loose when I need to change mags ...........or is holding our attention by trying to kill him while his allies are doing something not to our advantage makes the Aegis Shield pretty damned effective (when seen from the other side).

The possibility that I might be giving him xp and certs just by shooting at him to no effect is adding insult to injury ;)
  12. Daigons

So the OP wants to earn extra XP whenever they press their MAX's "I Win" button.
  13. Kumaro

Well sorry but i don't play this game solo that often. I play with an outfit, i play in squads and teams with people from other outfits as well. And im very used to facing people who have played this game for as long as i have and have a good idea of what they are doing. Lock down is in this scenario a very dangerous option with low reward because MAXes are priority targets and AV weapons are used to deal with the majority of ones health. And to avoid such weapons mobility is key.
    That along with the fact that TR MAX weapons have very low accuracy and low damage (average 112 up to 10 meters) that forces you to keep an optimal distance to use the weapons and have enough time to avoid enemy fire turns the TR max into a bruiser that only does a few things well.
    Bruising aka damaging a lot of targets and then drawing fire so that the rest of the people can then finish the job. Thus why TR max rushes often has a bunch of maxes rush in and die. Infantry follow and clear the room and then revive.

I actively play all factions as well and i can see and experience that the other two have MAXes with well defined roles where they can shine and from experiencing it from all the perspectives i can without hesitation say that the TR MAX overall posses the least threat of all the maxes.
  14. Diggsano

Are you an one celled organism?

Oh....yes he is because the Video was a troll...
  15. Azawarau

I play all 3 factions and feel like each is equally viable in different situations with the NC standing out most despite lacking long range AV

The shield lets them be brave as hell in situations the others cant handle but lets ignore that

VS stinks compared to TR max except in one thing. They have an easier time killing distant targets and get high bursts that TR cant have

TR have an advantage that the others dont as well. On top of being the best camping lockdown all rounder weapon the TR thave, the pounders can hit enemies at angles that they cant fire back from. you can sit safely on pads all day and rain down on nearby enemy tanks at angles they cant handle with or without lockdown

To address lockdown specifically.

Youre wrong

I dont know how i can better explain than showing you directly but i will say youre very wrong if youre dying with lockdown

Position yourself and dont commit yourself to suicide if you dont want to die
  16. Xasapis

Under the same logic, engineers should be receiving exp, each time their turret is absorbing damage. Or shield sunderers getting exp for absorbing damage.

Disregarding the fact that the MAX shield is the only useful MAX empire specific ability in the game, I don't see why doing nothing should generate exp (other than being a handout).
    • Up x 1
  17. Daigons

The OP is not using any form of logic. The OP just wants their faction to earn extra XP because of who they are. It might have been a different story if they suggested that all MAXs regardless of faction should get an XP boost whenever they have their ES abilities active.
  18. DragenoidHighLord

Might as well,i mean they aren't there just for show,the reason why i negolected other ES abilities is because both VS and TR are offensive mostly,which assists getting kills,adding for instance "Lockdown kill bonus" or "ZOE ability bonus",Aegis shield is a defensive weapon,but its use is great when there is synergy between the MAX and teammate foot soldier.Sorry if i sounded short minded,but im fairly new to PS2 and im not going to understand probably 70% of todays issues or dilemas because i was not in the game for the time period these nerfs and buffs happend.No need to cut me some slack,but im trying to see how can the enthusiasm for an ability,like Lockdown which i use ony my TR MAX and i know im C4 magnet,thats why i stick to locking down in CQC or in proximity of capture points.