Phoenix Dead Fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neur0tek, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Sovereign533

We do that sometimes as well.
    When I was rolling around with a Gatekeeper Prowler we have experienced squads trying to take us out after going on a 52 killstreak. The gatekeeper is just perfect in taking out all the missiles thrown at you. And the sheer amount of bullets the TR throws out I don't understand why they don't accidentally shoot them out of the sky more often.
  2. Crayv

I've been on the receiving end of it on my VS once. My Magrider went from full to dead in less than a second. I've seen a few random NC all start using the Phoenix a couple of times, it's amazing when it does happen.

3. Keiichi25

The problem with the Striker is too many people complained that the Striker is just an underpowered Annihilator.

Had the Striker been setup the same way as how it was back in Planetside, where you could toggle on or off the Lockon and keep the ground to ground lockon as well as the Ground to Air instead of it being a portable ground to Air Coyote Launcher (IE Dumbfire when not using the sight, lock with the sight)... And made the Annihilator just have a stronger lockon only weapon. That would have made the difference and kept it close to what the Striker was in Planetside.

The Phoenix having a non-sight dumbfire would not have been a terribly significant 'like to have', but the pre-detonation or getting out of the phoenix tracking method was hardly an issue with Phoenix missiles back in Planetside 1 or in PS2.

The simple fact of it all is understanding the weapons you are dealing with. Much like the fact I hate how one group exploits Valks to do air drops almost unceasingly to C4 places where as a Galaxy was supposed to be the case.
  4. Keiichi25

No, not just Ex-NC... Just players who:

1) Paid attention to the video explanation of the Phoenix Missile when it was first introduced
    2) Actually played with the weapon systems in question and saw where it doesn't work as nicely for them when they see what is required to deal with and how it can be countered.

The biggest problem in this game is the mentality and tactical thinking of players in this game in general.

I have seen Sunderer Drivers who pull nothing but non-Ammo Sunderers or non-Cloak Sunderers, park them in crappy places and wonder how it dies horribly or why a push fails cause Armor support isn't around because there are no ammo towers nearby or a Sunderer with Ammo replenishment.

I have seen many times where armor gets ripped to shreds by Air cause no one bothers putting up AA or wonder why their Air support is gone while the other side has air and Anti-Air in plenty.

I have seen Ammo Sunderer drivers drive their stupid sunderer right up to the base, putting their armor at risk cause, hey, the enemy is suicide rushing the armor try to get ammo from the ammo sunderer that is close to the enemy spawn point.

The simple issue of it all is Planetside 2 Players have the tactical common sense of lemmings. Basic things such as 'Flank Defense' or 'Flanking' is a foreign concept to most players. Defense is the 'last' thing on anyone's mind until they are pushed back and then try to 'Alamo' at their last location.

This is not just an NC thing. It is also a VS thing, a TR thing. In general, it is the general PS2 populace thing because conventional, common sense in combat has been to play like a small map, always on offense type FPS instead of a larger, diverse and tactical combat that does require both defensive and offensive.

The majority of the weapon systems in this game, when dealing with Air and Armor are, for the most part, an 'team effort' type of thing. It is RARE for 1 infantry person to down any air or armor vehicle with the AV Ranged Weapons without someone else working with them or cooperating with them. The only known effective weapons is C4 and Tank Mines that put the user at heavy risk and are not easily used at range in comparison.
    • Up x 1
  5. Insignus

Valkyrie offers greater precision for dropping, greater stealth and lower risk.
  6. Kcalehc

Not if you hold CTRL to crouch it doesn't...
  7. Neur0tek

Well part of my suggestion also comes from using phoenix is PS, we could use them as sniper deterrents too by killing it over the shooter. I didn't know about E key. Made a difference. Using the phoenix in PS2 is a whole different animal than PS. Before you could whip it around trees and through bases. Not now though.

Thanks for advice and help with this.