[Suggestion] Destinations

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meltroxgeolix, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Meltroxgeolix

I was just thinking, it would be really useful if in vehicles such as: Valkyries, Galaxies, Liberators, Sunderers, and such. To have an option somewhat like a waypoint on a map to select a location, and that would be it's "Destination" So that players could see above the vehicle and while riding, where the drivers plans on going. Because not everyone plays with voice chat enabled or will. So I just think it would be handy, besides sometimes if your plan is to get a vehicle to transport, not everyone will come. So if they could see your Destination, they might come up more often to hop in and be driven there. Just thought it'd be handy. (Possibly display the Destination's waypoint to players riding?)
  2. SwornJupiter

We already have squad/platoon waypoints to show where the squad or platoon is leading. There are already so many types of waypoints - any more would just confuse newbies.

You can just lock the galaxy above the drop zone to drop your entire squad off. That does the job perfectly as well.
  3. Meltroxgeolix

I am aware of this, but for people who are not in your squad, or are in someone else's it would be nice. Because I'm sometimes in my own squad with my friend, and may want to ride in someone's vehicle, but they may not go to the place we want to be. So it would be nice for people in their own squad, or not in one at all, to know where someone may be going. Just to bring groups of people more directed into areas needing it.
  4. SwornJupiter

Prox chat does the same thing.
  5. Eternaloptimist

I think I'm missing something here............I just follow the direction being taken by the little blue symbols on my minimap (or occasionally open the big map for a more general picture of where my allies are concentrating).
  6. Nie_Tutaj

If this existed I would just sit at the Warpgate with a Galaxy or get a friend to get a Valkyrie just to transport newbies from there to the fight quickly.
  7. WeRelic

Not a bad idea. Make it so the name of the hex you're headed to is above your nametag, and give players an option to disable.

That would require people to have prox chat on... Which is a questionable decision on a good day.