Does the game feel low res to you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RainbowDash9, Jun 7, 2016.

1. RainbowDash9

by that i mean i play ultra at 1080p, but sometimes it looks like i put the game at 800x600 (ok not that bad but still)
    Everything is super aliased, sometimes its hard to even tell things apart at a distance cuz all the jaggies and stuff. it didnt used to be this bad, so im not sure if its my gpu, or the game, but man it makes it difficult to play sometimes..

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or im just crazy and its always been this bad lol
  2. Pikachu

No. Looks fine to me.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Eternaloptimist

I've noticed that the low sun effects seem more dazzling if you are looking in that direction or trying to shoot people/esfs coming at you with the sun behind them and surrounding colours tend to look washed out now but that's about it really.
  4. Jex_=TE=

I wouldn't know because whilst my graphics card can handle the game, either the game or ****** Win10 can't and crashes so I have to play on medium settings.
  5. RainbowDash9

ill have to take a screenshot of it i guess... maybe its just my monitor's setting :eek:
  6. Wafflepancake

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Some days look great others....
    [IMG]
    dat fog glitch.
  7. KaletheQuick

Dynamic resolution? idk.
  8. Towie

Well they have done a number of 'performance passes' through the ages and some would have focused on textures and model complexity - simplifying both to reduce the drawing overhead.

The challenge with a game like PS2 is the sheer overhead of all the networky stuff and related physics / drawing etc. that it has to do - with so many players in big battles, even the greatest PCs come to their knees so it kinda needs all the help it can get.

But overall - I still think it looks great. It you've got time to take in the vista, you're not playing it right ;)
  9. Liewec123

if you have a good rig, open the useroptions.ini and change "renderquality" to "RenderQuality=2.000000"
    it doubles the resolution but fits it to the current resolution.
    also you might want to then set the userpotions.ini to "read only" since i find the game often resets renderquality to 1.0