When will we get our lasher max?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminari, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Luminari

TR has mini-chaingun and got their chaingun maxes which is completely OP against infantry. NC got a shotgun for their heavy weapon and also have their one-shot scattermaxes. So..., when will the lasher max be added for the VS?
  2. Kristan

Never.

MAX weaponry is mostly based on PS1 MAX weaponry, not on HA empire specific weapon.
  3. Luminari

Just saying, the other two factions got maxes reflecting their heavy weapons (makes sense somewhere right?) so it's fair that Vanu gets lashers on their maxes.
  4. Kristan

TR MAX weaponry have no spinup time. NC MAX shotguns don't have 3 shot bursts. Your argument is invalid.
    • Up x 4
  5. Luminari

Yea, they're better than their heavy weapon counter-parts. So the VS Lasher Max would still be underpowered compared to the TR and NC's ones since they're practically just two stock lashers. Not two buffed lashers.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kristan

First of all, that would be hell of a spam weapon. I don't want to get my screen filled with disco balls just because two VS MAXes stepped into the room. Second, there should be four kinds of those lashers: default, close range, big mag, long range. I have no idea how this is going to be balanced.
    • Up x 2
  7. Luminari

The same way the NC can mix short-range and mid-range shotguns to insta-kill any infantry in a room, and how the TR maxes can keep mowing down infantry from mid-range are balanced: NOT.
    • Up x 1
  8. DooDooBreff

when wil TR and NC maxes get high heels though?

Vanu footwear OP... must nerf
    • Up x 5
  9. natowpnzor

We can't "one shot" from barely 8 meters. Any kind of distance killing is a below average chance using slugs, meaning that that max unit is also not capable of effectively firing from close range. Lashers and such don't even have to be even hitting their target in order to kill someone with damage same as if they were hitting the target directly.
    • Up x 1
  10. thed1rt

Hopefully never. Lasher is a complete piece of junk unless you are already in a dominant position.
  11. BurntMyWater

Right. Except that when the NC mix their short and mid-range shotguns, their insta-kill potential drops considerably. Also, contrary to the 'TR OP' crowd's belief, a TR MAX cannot in fact mow down infantry from mid-range due to the ridiculous spread of their chainguns. A Lasher MAX on the other hand, would be able to not only kill infantry in front of it but also kill everyone hiding in cover due to splash damage, making it nigh impossible for HA's to pop out and fire their rockets. Pretty unbalanced.
  12. SpeedFreakPS1

VS maxes lost their jumpjets, and a received a self nerf called zoe
    • Up x 1
  13. MrMinistry30

@natowpnzor excuse me sir but what you said about the lasher is simply wrong. Look up the stats of the lasher and compare the damage of a direct hit (dmg + splash dmg) to an indirect one (splash only).
    Once you stopped laughing about the amount of splash damage you can start editing what you just wrote here...

But back to the topic, i don't think this was a good idea. dual lasher MAXes would cause such massive AOE that it is practically impossible for friends and allies to cross whole areas. Single HA's with lasher can be enough to create little No-Go-Areas, 2 or more with lasher (quite rare!) make the area inaccessable but can at least be shot with relative ease. 2 MAXes doing that would be horrible for any fight and this is my opinion as a VS main!
  14. Poosh19

lasher in conparsion to TR minigun and NC weapon is useless thing, its only for killing undead medics behind covers..
  15. Pikachu

TR AI MAX guns are better than vanu's? Are they not almost identical? Except for blueshifts which everyone uses and loves and says is super good.
  16. BurntMyWater

I've seen a group of heavies on a mountain, spamming Lashers at the base below. It was nearly impossible to walk anywhere. It was so bad it was actually funny.
    • Up x 1
  17. BurntMyWater

Nono see they're TR which means that they are EZ mode and skill-less. Just like how the Gatekeeper is actually the brainchild of ISIS and 'Al-Quaeda'.
  18. Mezinov

19. Sovereign533

Fixed it for you.
    The only way an NC can one-shoot anything is if you are already hugging it or you are already seriously wounded. Quite a few of my outfit members have bought the Gorgon. And you would be surprised with the amount of kills they are getting because "an NC MAX isn't effective on this range! OH ****, GORG...!"
  20. Obscura

Who cares about lashers or max weapons period? When we will get our MAX Melee weapons and new MAX abilities? I want to run into a group infantry and cut them down with a laser sword then jumppack away on my MAX.