[Suggestion] Being unable to heal a cloaked sunderer.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PYROxSYCO, May 26, 2016.

1. PYROxSYCO

Do you think this is a good idea. The cloaking goes to **** when it is lit up with a wave of blue and makes it visible.
  2. Okaydan

You post is not very clear, so I'm going to interpret it in a few ways:
    1] You mean the sunderer becomes uncloaked and gets the glowy repair effect when repaired? If that's what you're suggesting, then no. It's already annoying enough the engineer repairing it becomes visible.

"Huh, there's a random engineer over there" *shoots* *hits sundy because engineer was actually behind the sundy*

Too easy to permanently reveal the sundy location. Also, any specific reason as to why you'd want this change?

2] You mean there's a glow over a cloaked sundy when you repair it which would be visible to enemies.I haven't noticed this myself. Could be that that happens, but I don't think it's very noticeable. Otherwise I would've found out since I occasionally pull cloak sundies of my own. If it *does* glow when repaird while remaining cloaked, it is probably an oversight that could be fixed.

3] You want cloaked sundies to become unrepairable. Just no.
  3. stalkish

I think he is saying randoms doing no. 1]a), cause his sundy to die, so he wants no. 3].
  4. Shiaari

Cloaked Sunderers already become visible if they take any damage, and the cloak isn't as effective as you probably think it is. As for random engineers giving away the sundy's position by making themselves visible using the repair tool, it's no different than some random pubby shooting any weapon.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pelojian

Sundie cloak is like hunter cloak, good at long range, easy to see at close-mid. parking a cloak sundie say right next to the central structure of an AMP station will be discovered immediately cloak or no cloak.
  6. Liewec123

i think he's saying it is annoying that the sundy becomes visible when it starts getting repaired and he wants it to stay invisible,
    in which case i agree, there is no reason for it to reappear when it it getting repaired!
  7. Pelojian

if a sundie is getting damaged they already know it's there and can see the cloak effect clearly anyway so it makes no difference and isn't worth the time and effort changing.
  8. Liewec123

not necessarily, sometimes the sundy gets damaged on the way to a base, either from tipping or enemy fire,
    once it is deployed and stealthed it should stay stealthed until damaged :)
  9. Pelojian

if a sundie is damaged on transport to the base isn't it prudent to repair it ASAP when the enemy may not know it is present before you deploy it?

It seems to me like a learn 2 play issue, whenever i get the chance i try to find a safe spot and top up my damaged vehicle or allies damaged vehicles.
  10. Eternaloptimist

OP makes sense. The cloak is there to avoid getting damage that would require repairing. You're damaged you either get it repaired or you cloak to avoid more damage.

IIRC my medic can't heal a cloaked infil so why should my engie be able to repair a cloaked Sundy?
  11. PYROxSYCO

You can lock weapons but you can not stop people from healing it.
  12. Okaydan

The sundy itself remains cloaked when repaired, but the repair tool is seen as a "gun" you shoot AKA the engineer uncloaks and remains uncloaked for a few seconds after. But, as said by Shiaari, shooting any weapon will "uncloak" you from the sundy bubble and give away your position. Only getting damage or shooting with either of the guns will uncloak the sundy, which is why I usually lock it so randoms can't shoot at air ~600m away.

Infiltrators also do have a limited duration cloak (unless stalking) and are actively using it. Cloak on sundy is passive, so how exactly would it be repairable then? You want the owner to stay in, undeploy (no reinforcements then), repair, deploy?

Well, the ant trail is going to give away the sundy location eventually. Making it irrepairable because *only* one guy found it/shot it, seem to me to do more harm than good.