LOL posted by a dev on reddit: NC and teamkilling

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, May 26, 2016.

1. Problem Officer

For those reasons are you sure someone would actually move to Emerald?
  2. Jawarisin

I did play on connery. And the result was as expected. The air-game was a joke. And yes, honestly. When is the last time connery won a server smash?

And as I said, as far as population goes.
    http://www.therebelscum.net/world-p...&zoom=3&daterange=1463709900000,1464314700000
    Here's actually something. Emerald has a way higher population than connery. Graph shows it.
    So no, it's not due to population because Emerald has a higher population
    PS: You can clic on the names at the bottom to remove their line to make the graph clearer
  3. PzGr

Mmmhmmmm when mass prowler shows up.. NC begin to TK each other.. …

Connelly is special. Not only their NC TK absurd amounts, all 3 factions TK waaaay above average. (Actually except connelly NC.. Other servers NC TK in bulk as well). What is shocking, is that VS, seemingly traditionally a faction that does the least team damage, on Connelly, do more team damage than any other factions/server combo bar cobalt and Connelly NC.

Notice server like cobalt. On which NC pretty much is the only faction doing significant amount of TK.

Notice also this is only Infantry to infantry damage. Being run over by tank, and blown by rank shells are not even included.
  4. Cyropaedia

How does a third party parse server population data? If you can explain to me the provenance and proven methodology, you've won this debate. I swear I've read Daybreak Games say that they keep population data internally and in secret (for obvious reasons - i.e. game competitors, bandwagon effect, demoralization). Even players have complained about not seeing numbers (rather than percentages) on Server Select/Continent.

Who cares Server Smash? Where's the salt from? Some Emerald people moving back to Connery? Famous individuals who play Connery? :p
  5. Taemien

[IMG]

NC has been known to throw Libs at stuff on Connery.
  6. Chewy102

What about kills?

Team damage is bad, but that doesn't mean team kills as you can put a few high damage rounds in someone and they then fall back to heal. Then be an idiot and walk into a line of fire again in an everlasting loop.
  7. ThreePi

The reasoning behind this should be pretty obvious. TR and VS MAXes have the luxury of sitting back with their teammates spamming their guns. NC MAXes have to operate at the front of a room, essentially blocking the line of fire between their teammates and their enemies. This then pulls engineers up to the front to repair the MAXes, who also then take extra team damage , which THEN pulls medics to the front to heal and revive. To be effective NC MAXes are forced to block their teammates.
  8. Jawarisin

As far as I know, people are just moving OUT of connery xD Last I've seen was John Galt looking to come to emerald. That's about it.

But seriously, if you're going to start doubting sources; I don't think this leads anywhere. There's a few ways to see the number of Online users. But feel free to pm RadarX and ask him. I made my points, graph supports what I'm saying and that's it. I understand you like connery; but facts are facts.

If you want, you can join the church of last-thursdayism. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism
    Then you could pretend that all those stats are fake since the world literally just started existing.
  9. ArcKnight

that means every time someone on miller/emerald fires a bullet at at ally 2 bullets are shot at an NC by friendlies as well
  10. Cyropaedia

In any debate, questioning sources is very appropriate. Otherwise, we would all be sheep. I sure hope people fact check Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the upcoming debate. All you have to do is cite your source. If you said, "Rebel Scum" uses an algorithm that scans and tracks "Planetside 2 Players Official Site" (or uses a Plug-In or bot parser in-game) and here is their explanation <insert website> then your case is airtight. If, on the other hand, "Rebel Scum" merely tracks registered outfits and asks members to voluntary input attendence then the graph is inaccurate and your case has not been made. The latter scenario might be their source of data because their website asks people to register their outfits.

Why do you cite a logical fallacy website that is tangential at best? To come off aloof and pedantic? To detract from my valid question? lol.

I have another explanation for the Anti-Connery salt. Connery is becoming relevant as the Emerald stat grind becomes banal with VP/Construction meta.
  11. Kristan

Guess its all about bunch of new players who had no idea who to shoot at.
  12. Jawarisin

They say it's the number of characters logged at any one time. Read the bottom. And if you want, feel free to message them and ask. We both know I'm right and you just won't admit it at this point.

Connery was never relevant in the past year, and it isn't anywhere close to being relevant. It's always been the server were the chinese/**** were. And now it's a server with chinese/****/bad players left. Because every decent player already moved on to emerald.
  13. Cyropaedia

How can I admit to a point where the facts and conclusion rest on the veracity of the graph?

No doubt you found the "Rebel Scum Graph" by a Google query of "Planetside 2 Server Population." The same query returns no other source of general server population numbers to corroborate their data. Maybe Rebel Scum receives ad or cookies revenue for visitors to their site that purports to be the only source of Planetside 2 population numbers and happens to be the top Google result on the subject?

I am simply astounded at your blanket criticisms of Connery ("decent players" have left Connery for Emerald. uhuh). I have made zero claims or personal attacks against Emerald and have only sought to explain the Dev's TK stats with population numbers. No doubt you felt maligned by my claims that Connery could have a higher population which - in your view - pegs Emerald down a notch which has generated denial.
  14. Jawarisin

denial cough* argues against a graph cough*
    as far as my criticism of connery, everybody knows its true lol. Otherwise tell me: where's recursion gone to?
  15. Cyropaedia

Question the veracity of a Graph? Hell yeah. I'm not a sheep. I'm not going to drink Rebel Scum-flavored Kool-Aid. Can I say the same for you? Do you seriously accept anything formatted into a Graph as true?

I'm not going to engage in a junk-in-my-trunk measurement contest. No sir.
  16. MasterOhh

Wow, I am baffled by this statistic. There was allways the rumor that the NC players in general are a bit more trigger happy, but to my knowledge it has also been debunked a couple of times.

I mean the VS has the Magmower. This beast is fuelled with the blood of hapless Vanu engineers.
  17. Saguardian

What about NC Phoenix projectiles exploding at the spawn rooms?
    As an NC Cobalt player I have always feared a low level player with grenades...

Saguardia
  18. sIcGER

omg :eek:

lucky me!

my nc char is on miller :p:D
  19. \m/SLAYER\m/

yes, i bet top TK weapon will be low-rof gun, probably with 200 damage. i noticed, it really punishing you and guy in front of you. the main problem is LAG, guy think you coward, so he moving in front of you, but you already holding fire..
    when you play with low-damage models (high ROF) - there no such problem, you stop shooting, and no TK..
  20. stradic

Wenn ich das richtig lese geht es um Schaden und nicht um Teamkill. Ein Treffer ist ja zb nicht sofort ein Teamkill!

Und witzig dass eine der zentralen Figuren im Hitbox-Gate mit solchen Statistiken kommt.
    Wie wäre es mal mit Stats die zeigen in welcher Fraktion am meisten betrogen wird ?!

Prompt.... (ist der wirklich ein Developer?!) ist auch der der unseren ganzen Pro - Skillern AHK scripts erlaubt hat (die kleine Einschränkung die er noch genannt hat vergesssen wir mal!!)