Self restrictions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exitus Acta Probat, May 25, 2016.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

You ever put limits or restrictions on yourself while playing, like only kill with knife or no drawing a heavy or only ES pistols?
  2. Campagne

Sorta, I guess.

I never play infiltrator with an SMG. Whenever I want to do some close quarters infiltrating, I bring a pistol or low-optical rifle.

That kinda counts, right? :p
  3. DragenoidHighLord

Well,for me its pretty much do either shock tactics(mess up your formation and leave) or matrydoom (kill by an explosion on death)
    When ever there is a camper or farmer it becomes by objective to take them out (prowlers are the easiest :3) but in terms of restrictions i don't do them much since its hard for me either way and plus,i like being unpredictable.Id do knife only if i had a power knife but there are moments for it.
  4. SavatageRoyo

I have a tendency to play unpopular weapons, classes, heroes, factions in games more to challenge myself than proving something.
    I like to achieve while being the underdog but barely make artificial restriction.
    • Up x 1
  5. Shiaari

Nope.

8)
  6. Okaydan

Yeah, a lot.

Generally, I have a few rules I tend to stick to:

1) Don't use weapons I have auraxium'd while still having weapons in said category that I haven't auraxium'd.
    2) Don't use A2A locks unless you're locked-on first (and died).
    3) Don't kill the pilot that bails, unless it shoots you. For me the fight ends when either ESF is dead.
    4) I don't bail from air, unless you use lock-ons.
    5) When playing a class, aim to optimize directive progress.
    6) Always tell noobs they suck when they pull MAX in 1-12 fights.
    7) Always tell A2G farmers they suck when they farm in 1-12 fights.
    8) Always tell lone try-hard engineer that suicide-run the sundy they suck when in 1-12 fights.
    9) Step 6, 7 & 8 is applied to pretty much all force multipliers in 1-12 that are practically uncounterable with only 5 randoms.

10) Stick to rules 1-9 while K/D is higher than my current K/D.
    11) Allow "farm weapons" when K/D corrections are needed (BattleGoose, L-PPA, Hornet, HE, shotguns).
    12) Shot once by friendly is accident. Twice is lazy on their end. Three times is the border. Four times, and I shoot back.
    13) If TK'd, TK back. If unsuccesful in finding said TK'er, write down name to hunt down later unless 14).
    14) When TK'd either explain why/apologize or expect to get TK'd back. I will whisper you first to let you explain.
    15) You run at me with C4 in hand while im in a tank, I shoot off your face.
    16) You shoot me (as MAX) for repairs, I will ignore you. I will apply C4 on your butt if you don't get that message.
    17) If you need heals from me, simple V-command will suffice. Spammers in proxy will get /ignored.
    18) When gunning as random for me, do not provoke air unless it's attacking us. Failing to do so = kick.
    19) When gunning as random for me, use weapon types appropriately (AP for tanks, AI for nibs, AA for farmers).

20) Don't fight in bases with higher than 60% pop advantage.

I probably have more, but I think these are the most prominent :)
    • Up x 2
  7. LaughingDead

Only when I'm trying to aurax something.
  8. MasterOhh

I don't use shotguns, thats the only way I restrict my gameplay.
  9. DragenoidHighLord

1x sight on my guns (snipers are an acception and witrh them i try to go as far back as possible so i try take insane long shots with Railjack)
  10. Demigan

I don't use weapons I auraxed already, with the exception of when the remaining weapons I have to aurax are truly horrid for the situation (such as HE main canon when I am going for a tank battle).

Looking at some of the players above: I use every shotgun because I recognise their usefulness in learning how to engage people in surprise attacks. Shotguns require far more skill, both in positioning and aiming, to become good. Shotguns theoretically reduce the skill required to hit, but if you use shotguns in that manner you are going to lose hard, since you need almost every pellet to hit (which means high accuracy and CQC) to stay ahead of the TTK's of other weapons.
    Just try it: Switch from Carbine to shotgun and to Carbine again, use shotgun tactics on both. You'll notice that Carbines are lethal on longer ranges, don't lose much power if you are accidentally discovered too soon, don't require as much stealth and in general take less skill in CQC fights to be good since you just have to hold the trigger and look at your opponent, while shotguns require picture perfect firing of your shotgun to hit the most pellets, while you are constantly fighting the COF and pellet spread rather than benefiting from it.
  11. Liewec123

i've tried some crazy ones:
    i was levelling an alt with absolutely no killing, just running around healing, reviving, shielding, repairing, resupplying etc
    i got to BR30 (716,000xp) but got bored and deleted them.

now i have "R0CKET5" who i'm levelling using only rocket launchers, currently only br15,
    its really slow due to the 5 second reloading after every shot (and lots of misses) :D

as for less crazy ideas:
    i avoid NS weapons out of principle, i dont own an NS SMG or LMG and i'll pull inquisitor/magscatter/beamer over commie!

i'll generally avoid doing things i consider dlckish, like sniping vehicle terminals, putting mines at the tank pad etc
  12. Moridin6

#1 rule:
    GLOW AND LOOK FABULOUS
    • Up x 2
  13. TOXIC_MACHAMP

does it count if i wear this all day everyday [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. Diggsano

You sir are a Hero, i salute to you (*^*)7
  15. Moridin6

yes
    if not noir i prefer Faction colors, or rainbow if you wanna look like TR

but yes that def counts
  16. Pfundi

Very honorabru skyknight :p
  17. Devilllike

The only rules i made were the ones that would keep me alive while trying to kill
  18. FieldMarshall

Yes. I dont use weapons i have auraxiumed.
    Its a nightmare on my TR Infil, because claymores meant 2 extra free kills per life.
  19. Halkesh

1) Avoid zerg and 1-12 fights
    2) Sent a PM to apologize when I accidentally TK
    3) Being near a terminal mean I'm able to do every class's job at the same time while having unlimited grenades
    4) Switch class to revive & repair MAX when I'm near a terminal
    5) Shot ESF every time I see one within 200 meter of me
    6) Switch to dedicated AA when I see a liberator or more than 2 airplane.
    7) If you run away from my repairkit/medkit, I assume you don't need my help and I'll go back to fight
    8) Redeploy before raging at an impossible to beat situation by myself (skymaster ESF, elite vanguard, zerg, constructed skyshield)
    9) Tell medic they should play HA when they walk on my body without reviving me
    10) Kick bad gunner from my vehicle

When I shot at engineer for repair, I've already use 5-6 V-talk and 2 PM to call for repair. What would you do in this situation ?
    • Up x 1
  20. William Petersen

I play only Medic on my VS, does that count? Someday the Darkstar will be mine. Someday. Maybe.

EDIT:
    I switch to Nanite Auto-repair and wait.