Changes to Air on pts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragnarox, May 22, 2016.

1. Ragnarox

So Vanu are again nerfed in all directions while all others are buffed. GG. That will help constant underpop VS faction.
  2. Diggsano

Is there a way i can get my A2A refunded? I had paid them with DBC....
  3. zaspacer

1) you are just focusing on VS line item nerfs, skipping VS line item buffs, and ignoring the general intended affects of the changes
    2) you are not taking into account the Power Level of each item being changed as it stood before the change
    3) I agree that VS got hosed in that DBG did not address one of the major disadvantage (that is going to become an even bigger disadvantage with the new Air changes) of the Scythe: it's non-diving cruising and non-diving booster speeds. Other Scythe problems unaddressed include: dual firing Rocket Pods (easy to hit slow Vehicles, but lacks shorter delay between each salvo [good for adjust on moving target] and lacks ability to distribute damage vs. Infantry[since you have to deliver in 2-Rocket chunks]), harder to no 3rd-person-view of thruster direction (bigger factor for newer pilots), flip and explode on non-massaged exit, color of HUD against blue sky, LPPA in A2A, "pancake" top/bottom profile, and whatever else I am forgetting.

Nerf to AH and LPPA. That would be VS AND NC nerfed. Change to Banshee, but we'll see how the change affects Banshee. Banshee was already widely regarded to be the worst AI Nosegun.

Hailstorm/Maelstrom buff Mag, Ammo, and Max Damage; slight nerf to Projectile Velocity. NC did not get a Max Damage Buff, but they were the current best pregarded in this group. TR and VS versions are being made more like the Vortek... but the DBG Designers (Wrel?) are missing the point that Vortek works well cause Reaver has the best rush/boost Top Speed, so Reaver can control/dictate range-to-target best among ESFs: it's a close range gun, it needs to be able get and stay close.

High Mag Guns. I have no idea how these compare to each other now, but I think they're overlooking the biggest practical 2nd criteria (after Mag size which is 1st Criteria) for their effectiveness: Minimum Cone of fire. What's the point of long range targets if the gun can't put bullets on target with its Minimum Cone of fire of 0.5? Meanwhile the Default guns have Minimum Cone of fire of 0.3.
    • Up x 2
  4. zaspacer

You can add:

Gauss SPR
    VA39 Spectre (which at least does have a niche, but it's narrow: mixed-range long distance Infantry target disruption)
    99SV
    KSR-35
    Phantom VA23
    Impetus
    LA80
    V10
    SR-7
    XM98
    M77-B
    NC14 Bolt Driver
    AF-6 Shadow
    HSR-1
    Nyx VX31
    R3 Swarm
    Hades HSH4
    AF-22 Crow
    M9 SKEP Launcher
    G40-F Ranger (Sunderer)
    etc.

Also, I actually like and use the Emissary a lot.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kristan

Finally VS favorite spam toy has been brought to order and Banshee is buffed.

Also cheers for Locust! Gonna be my main long range anti-lib gun now.
  6. CorporationUSA

Wow those are a lot of really cool changes. The composite armor affecting nosegun damage resistance in really interesting. People who choose NAR over comp armor would be at a disadvantage in a hoverduel, which means there may be a lot more engineers in the air and a lot less light assaults. I'm liking the changes to tomcats and coyotes as well.

I might just come back to this game if these changes go live.
  7. MasterOhh

Is there a reason for the walker nerf?
  8. Haquim

True, the LPPA is annoying, and Banshee is just pathetic (except for the sound).
    But LPPA splash nerfed roughly 44%, Banshee splash buffed roughly 125%?
    I wonder how this is gonna work out... they should have given the LPPA a bit of velocity though, so it is a bit better in A2A.

I especially like the changes to the Tomcats. Since the changes seem to make it better at getting rid of those incredibly tanky skywhales I propose to rename it into "Harpoon"
  9. PatateMystere

Maybe give a chance to see other guns in game. I like the drake. It doesn't feel great but it does have the best damage, against aircraft and ground. This gun need some love (and surely a reskin)
  10. Diggsano

Sorry but i test on all 3 Factions and my List is also about my opinion....

If you would want to change a little bit, make your own Signature with your ideas listened above
    • Up x 1
  11. Gundem

Drake is my go-to tailgun.

I consider the pilots who pretty much suck the dick of the Bulldog to be less experienced pilots. Even before the nerfhammer hit the Liberator, the Drake still had more reliability against aircraft and more DPS against ground targets. It's basically a Basilisk with a 250m max damage range.

Post and Pre-nerf, the Bulldog served one purpose: To allow the Liberator to farm helpless infantry more.
    • Up x 1
  12. LaughingDead

Too effective over the ranger. It's pretty easy to hit ESFs with the walker, making double walker sunderers with good aim absolute hell-*rereads thats only for air*......
    ............ I have no fuggin clue.
  13. Scr1nRusher

A2A is still going to be good.
  14. MasterOhh

It's the air version of the walker (for the Galaxy and Liberator) that is getting nerfed. Both don't have access to the ranger.
  15. thed1rt

This is pure crap. Can i get my certs refunded for A2A lock? 5 missles to kill 1 damn esf???

This is very upsetting. Only guns I have unlocked for my sycthe are PPA and Lockons. Now they are getting nerfed into the ground. I dont think i even want to fly anymore.

I thought they were changing A2A lockons to Liberator busters?? How am i supposed to land 7 freaking lockons before they tail gun me????

Now EVERYONE is going to run with Fire Supression and Nanite Auto heal and my lockons will NEVER kill anything.

Why would you give PPA a 44% nerf but not buff its damage against vehicles or bullet velocity????

This is ****** stupid and i hope you guys are planning on refunds so you dont piss off all your players that trusted you.

If this starts to feel like League Of Legends where you guys just nerf and buff stuff in waves so people will buy the buffed things then im outa here.
  16. Gundem

I fear the Redditside elitist skyknights have something to do with this.

In the Skyknight's perfect world, the ESF has no counter but another ESF. Liberators and Galaxy's are marginally effective against a lone ESF of equal or lesser skill, and the skyknight wants no part of this.
    • Up x 2
  17. LaughingDead

That's a shame, if someone certs out a gunship to be anti ESF (spur shred walk stealth) then it should deck esfs
  18. Gundem

Exactly how I feel. But some people live under the delusion that they should get stuff just for existing. That they are somehow entitled to reward or success, by sheer virtue of what green "Spawn Now" button they clicked.

Now, I think that some vehicles should have emphasis on certain aspects. Liberators will almost always have some ability to combat ground targets. ESF's will always have inherent advantages over the Liberator. But ESF's should not "Hard" counter Liberators.

The only issue that leaves us is the issue of tanks vs. Aircraft, but that could be solved with a variety of changes like secondary weapon elevation, Walker viability or main cannon max angle.
  19. Aphlack

Maybe I'm to much of a rookie pilot, but I think aircraft using the bomber airframe, meaning they will be focusing on A2G, should have a slightly better composite armor option to increase survivability.
  20. thed1rt

Its so damn hard to hit air with LPPA. Seeing as they are nerfing its splash so much and taking away a huge chunk of the entire purpose of PPA i hope they are at least making it so you kill ESF in 5-6 PPA shots. Im really good at leading and its HARD, very hard to shoot enemy ESF using PPA. Unless one is parked exactly still and you sneak up behind it but even then you only get 3 or 4 shots before they wiggle and move around.

If they are taking away from the PPA main-role i at least hope they are adding to other parts of roles.

Why dont Reaver anti infantry LuL-pods get nerfed? You fire 12 of those bad boys off and get ****loads of kills. Even better for strafe fighters, where as you have to hover to use PPA. (I get shot by dumbfire 1 hit kills quite a bit, some pepole have REALLY good aim)

Reaver LuL-pods are even worse AOE.

PPA just seems like its super awesome cuz its HUGE clip. For very few certs you can get 45 shots with PPA before having to reload. So its easy to farm scrubs who keep trying to squeeze out the same door.

Not my fault players are too dumb to buy G2A lockons when they are being ground farmed.