Help, I am a TR "veteran" and I want to try a new faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, May 21, 2016.

1. Amnoon

So I am 95 BR TR soldier and I have practically all the weapons. I have played a lot with TR and i would like to try other factions mainly cause i like to try other weapons because they makes me change my playstyle. I love vehicles too, so that may count.

Even if after a first look it seems that the Vanu is the most different one because of all this laser parafernalia I think that is mainly visual after checking the weapons stats and the NC is the most different one. Apart from that, i just want to know your opinion and what faction do you advise me. PD. I love the NS weapons and playstyle.

Thanks.
  2. Nie_Tutaj

Try all of them. It gives you some perspective on the other factions when you go back to TR. My experience was that the NC have bucking bulls for guns and I had to stop playing as vanu because I was leveling up too quickly.
  3. EPIC389

Gauss saw with zero attachments is ridiculous

I fear what it becomes when its decked out
  4. _itg

NC will be a bigger departure in terms of infantry weapons, so I'd say try them first. No reason not to try both, though.
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

NC is the better of the other two.

But be prepared to go with a group. NC struggles when it lone wolfs. In groups its very devastating.
  6. XyNox

Go NC and try the gauss compact burst carbine as light assault. I chose this one as my 5. carbine to auraxium and I wasnt really looking forward to play with it. Having auraxiumed it now though, this thing is an absolute beast and I actually dont even want to go back to any other carbine, not even the directive one.

I use 3.4 tacti eye, compensator and grip. If you leave a tiny bit of reticule settle time between bursts ( like, really tiny ), this weapon can spill steady streams of bullet in headsized targets up to to 50 meters. No other weapon lets me go face to face with overshielded heavies that confidentally. Even snipers on some faraway mountain tops often have to retreat when I open up on them with some ADAD bursting. I was really surprised I didnt get more ragetells or hackusations during auraxiuming this thing. Seriously, try it, TRY IT NAOW.
  7. breeje

i really like the NC weapons once i could manege there recoil
    the max TTK and shield is OP in CQC and there supposed to be the good guy's (but not when i play NC) :D

the vanu is something different, either you like it or hate it
    the best thing for me are there scout rifles and there ES dark colors
    it's my go to faction when i feel like playing lone wolf infill

but i never leave my main TR for to long
    the other factions are nice but nothing compares to TR organized team play
    and i joined allot of teams on the VS and NC side, some of them are good
    but my TR outfit rock's
  8. Garedar

Why compromise when you can choose both?
  9. oberchingus

4th factionneer!
  10. FieldMarshall

I play all 3 (mostly TR).
    And if you want something visually different, but weapons that handle the closest to TR, then go VS.
    (Not saying VS is exactly like TR. Just closer to TR compared to the NC alternative)
    If you want something different and new, go NC.

At least when talking about infantry weapons, i think you would see the biggest change in playstyle if you went NC.
    But make a character on both factions and play up to like BR30ish before deciding.
    You dont want to be BR90 and find out you picked the wrong faction.
  11. Amnoon

Thanks for the advices. In general in want to choose one because i prefer to focus on one faction. I will probably do the same as I did with my TR, reach a very high battle rank. I will probably go NC, I just need to get used to the different recoil but I really like the feeling of the weapons.
  12. Amnoon

I would love an NS faction. With exclusive NS weapons not only the ones that already exist. I love that weapons and it would be different enought to the other factions.
  13. Amnoon

14. Gutseen

Go RED or go DEAD
  15. Eternaloptimist

I play all three factions and TR is my preferred one but of the other two I like to play NC more than VS. The generally slower firing NC weapons and their recoil require more adjustment than playing VS, which seem like a kind of purple TR sometimes. Of course VS have a few unusual weapons to play around with, Lancer, Phaseshift, the glowy ball heavy weapon, the Magrider, the charge up Spiker pistol. If you like that kind of thing then VS offers its own range of new experiences (personally I don't).
  16. Kristan

THERE IS NO QUIT IN TR, SOLDIER!!!
  17. Azawarau

As an NC main

Go Vanu

Unless you like the Phoenix,Falcons, or Ravens
  18. HomicideJack

19. DragenoidHighLord

You would be suprised how much power does NC hold,only to be held back by untrained and fresh players,oh well we cant bully VS and TR :p

NC is my main but i got all faction for testing or when servers have problems etc. so i in majority got NC since they offer a challenge in majority of cases.
  20. Nody

Already created; they are known as VS as in several slots NS is the best option...