Infiltrators hacking player made turrets/structures

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cody38, May 16, 2016.

1. Cody38

Hello. I was thinking: Infiltrators can't really hack a lot of stuff, it's really just turrets at any base, and vehicle terminals. With this new construction system, it adds a lot more hacking possibilities and might make the infiltrator actually useful for, well, infiltrating. Now hear me out, I don't think it's a good idea for infiltrators to flip ownership of structures they hack on player bases, that could ruin a base pretty quick with a few decent infiltrators. However I came up with the idea that hacking something could just disable it for say, 30 seconds to a minute.

(Before you visualize the following scenarios, may I remind you all that the infiltrator has to be fully visible and very close to the thing he is hacking. He would be open to fire from anything, especially Xiphos auto turrets.)

A situation this could be used in would be if an enemy base is being seemingly indestructible, you could have an infiltrator attempt to hack the sky shield to take it out for a small window, and a liberator to destroy it. Or, if the enemy has a lot of turrets on a mountainside dominating your tanks, an infiltrator left unchecked could stop them momentarily and allow your faction to move up. An infiltrator could hack an AI controlling the enemy AA guns and make it so those turrets are on manual control only until the AI reboots. This small disable window would make an exponentially larger difference depending on how many allies that infiltrator has around. (Basically no difference when no one is around or a huge one on a large assault).

I believe this wouldn't effect building up bases at all because unless the infiltrator has allies helping, he's really doing no damage, just being a nuisance disabling stuff for a short period.

Tell me what you think.
    • Up x 2
  2. HadesR

Just give them a Jammer tool ..

Same size as C4, beeps like a motion spotter .. Anything it's placed on is disabled until removed ..
    • Up x 5
  3. Cody38

That could work too, it would be much easier to do for the infiltrator but also much easier to remove. I don't know how large of an effect it would have if you could remove it with bullets. Think of it, you get booted from your gun so you immediately know exactly why and go to look for it. The turret bases are pretty small so you just look around for the beepy thing with lights and boom problem solved. It would take longer for them to realize the repair module or AI was down but the larger things would basically be useless to put that on.
  4. HadesR

Exactly and that's the point .. It's an item and thus would take a little more thought than just slamming down ..

Secondly being an item it can also be limited in it's use ( Ie: being able to carry 3 ) rather than an " unlimited " hack ability it would promote working in a team ..

Infiltrator =/= solo

IMO it should be an activity that's used as part of a team push or a Black OP's " team " infiltration .. Rather than a lone wolf stalker running around derping all turrets with an infinite hack ..
  5. stalkish

[IMG]