Things i wanted to know

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nelseru, May 13, 2016.

1. Nelseru

SO i have been playing this game for about 5 hours and i managed to get to level 14, not bad for my first time but there where a few things i wanted to know

No. 1: I nodiced that people fly thease arial vehicles really well but i manage to faceplant them into the ground with a 85% sucess rate, is there any way to change the controlls to somthing more normal.

No. 2 Are macros against the rules, i have a key bot i have that will let me just mash the p key for the entirety of my gameplay just by pressing it onece and it repeats keystrokes.

No. 3: Are there any hackers (This last one was a bit interesting because i did a bit of reserch first and came up with nothing substantial. If so ho bad can they mess up gameplay.)

SHOUTOUT TO Forzaa YOU ARE MY FAVERITE TANK DRIVER
  2. Dirge

1. Git gud, it takes practice.

2. Don't do that. Plus eventually the mechanic will stop working if you spam it enough.

3. Yes, but not a lot. I made it to BR70 on PC and came across 1 guy who was hacking for sure. So unless it's gotten really bad since then I wouldn't worry about it. Plus the banning procedures seem to have improved a lot.
  3. XanIves

Answers:

1# No, the flight controls are just very different from what most other games use. You would need to dump several hours of training at least to even begin basic flight.

2# Devs policy on macros are that they are fine, as long as you are present at the keyboard. AKA having a macro to hit a single key to swap to medkit, use medkit, and then swap back to primary weapon is fine, HOWEVER, having a macro to automatically throw grenades, walk to terminal, resupply, go back, throw grenades, and repeat forever while you are going to the bathroom is not allowed.
    As long as you aren't stat-padding or AFK farming, it's allowed, even though the community will probably give you hell for it.

3# Yes, there are hackers, every single online game has them. Are there so many that they ruin the experience? No. Have I encountered more than 4 definite hackers in my 600+ hours of gametime? No. Expert players are more of a threat than hackers, as they can go on insane killing streaks and have incredible situational awareness, without the crutch of a cheat. Plus there's about 400x more veteran players than there are hackers.

Hope this answers you questions to your satisfaction, and good luck! The game can make you rage a lot in the early days, since it has an utterly brutal learning curve. My advice? If you get killed more than five times in a row in a fight, redeploy and move elsewhere, that fight is most likely just a farm at that point. Stay near your allies, they know where to go most of the time and they will spot enemies far quicker than you can.
  4. HadesR

I think you need to post 100% Dev clarification for the above statement ..

Since afaik and all the " Official " post's I have seen lean more to a " One Click One action policy "

Ie: You can use a macro That swaps to the medkit, but not one that also uses said kit and swaps back to a primary ( As that is one click for 3 actions )

From an old thread :

5. ArcKnight

don't get too confident

here's a playlist of air game tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfjSgtIwLF_OsMjrw2NRfasx48Rc0tri-

unfortunately for the rest of us they do exist

and they have hacks which range from annoying to pure EVIL game ruining
  6. Moridin6

damn that news to me, ive always heard it was allgood, though ive yet to macro myself
    • Up x 1
  7. XanIves

Well, after a bit of digging, I've found that you are probably right, although RadarX coming in and giving an official stance would be super cool. The important bit of information can be found in the EULA:

You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances: use, post, host or distribute macros, "bots" or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play, including without limitation any program which enables or facilitates character kills or level increases.

"impact gameplay" would seem to be the kicker here, as that's pretty broad reaching. So while it doesn't *explicitly* ban hotkeys for combos, it would seem that using a macro to gain an in-combat advantage would be grounds for termination.

However, binding a macro to bring up your chat window, type in a message, and publish it, I have no idea if this would be allowed. Another example would be setting a macro up to hide your HUD, hide your current weapon, take a screenshot, show your current weapon, and show the HUD. Doesn't infer a gameplay advantage, but it is a macro.

I think this is a question for the Devs in the end.
    • Up x 1
  8. Moridin6

guess someone better go to redit Vanu knows cant get an answer round here lest someone in the thread gets reported for somethn :p
  9. Nelseru

Well I also now as i have done some research that you cant really use a macro without some sort of bypass so they have blocks in place so you cant because you would be breaking 2 rules. one being that you don't alter the game and 2 because you used a macro

And i understand why, you dont want this game becoming bs like tf2 is with player running game scripts to get an edge

What i wanted to know about flight is how i can alter my controls so it is less FUBARed because at its default it is liek trying to write with ur left hand
  10. Shiaari

1: Flight training isn't easy. It's really, really hard. I suggest learning to fly easier aircraft before you make ESF flying a regular thing. There are flight training tutorials on YouTube you can watch and I suggest watching a few. They are very helpful and can demonstrate some of the idiosyncrasies present in PlanetSide flying due to the VTOL nature of all the aircraft in this game. Basically, you're flying helicopters in this game. That's what throws people. They expect fixed wing flight mechanics, and get helicopter flight mechanics instead.

2. Macros are fine so long as they are hardware based. If you have a keyboard or mouse that does macros, that's fine. If you're using only software to make macros then you're considered to be cheating.

3. There are more hackers than people want to admit. This is because PlanetSide 2 is a very easy game to hack. It's easy because this game diverts more work to the clients than most online games. In most games your computer tells the server that you are shooting in a certain direction. The server then takes that information, compares it to your target's position, calculates a hit, and sends the feedback to you and your target. In PlanetSide 2, however, your computer is calculating most of that information, and simply tells the server "I shot that guy and dealt x amount of damage" and the server accepts that, validates it against the target, and then sends the feedback to you and your target.

It amounts to this: The server doesn't question your actions much. If your computer (client) says you did something, the server accepts it for gospel. This means those actions are ripe for falsification. Hackers use software to basically lie to the server.

One of the most common hacks is wall hacking. In order for your client to tell the server who you're shooting at--since the game distributes these calculations to the clients in order to reduce server load--your computer needs to know where the other guy is at all times (even when they are not rendering on the screen, such as being behind a wall). Wall hackers simply use software to make that data visible on their screens. It's extremely difficult to ferret them out, especially with all the random crap that can happen.
  11. DeadAlive99

On the general settings tab, there is a setting for flight vehicle sensitivity and joystick sensitivity. Also, you can invert the vertical axis. There are also separate binds for infantry, ground vehicles and aircraft.
  12. DeadAlive99

Oh, btw, to practice with aircraft and not smoke through your resources, just go to VR training. You can get there from the warp terminals in each warpgate. Everything is free to test there.