The new EM6 looks stupid

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlackSteel97, May 12, 2016.

1. BlackSteel97

I heard the Pulsar was bad too, and what about the TMG?
  2. Kristan

Screenshots?
  3. BlackSteel97

I was about to take some but the servers went down
  4. Oreilley

It does look bad indeed.
  5. Psykmoe

The new model somehow manages to seem lazier even though the old one was identical to two other LMGs. That's a pretty impressive, in a way.
  6. Arklancer

Agreed, no idea why they went with long barrels on all of them especially the EM6 where it makes the least sense. TMG looks alot like the rhino but even uglier. EM6 seems to have taken after the rhinos NC equivalent the EM1 and also looks even uglier than it does. Pulsar is the best looking but only because there aren't any other long barrel LMG's on VS.

I was actually kinda hype for the new model after the original NS launchers new models came out so good. But I would rather them have just keep them the slight carv edits they were now.........

Also the TMG's magazine is downright cartoonishly large to the point it clips though my characters leg on the preview screen (Female model IDK about male model)
  7. BlackSteel97

It doesn't even match the faction general design, imo
  8. BlackSteel97

Screenshots
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  9. Kristan

Omagaaaaad! Pistols... with huge mags... and oversized barrels.

DBG that was bad and you should feel bad. o_O
    • Up x 1
  10. LaughingDead

I guess they were going for a sort of assault rifle look mixed with LMG, the vents for heat don't look too bad.
  11. Metrack12

I kinda like them,I would change some things there and there,but generally I like it (except for the TMG I would remake half of the weapon)
  12. FateJH

I used to own a laser tag weapon of which the TR LMG is starting to reminds me.
    [IMG]

I didn't know those neon blue spikes on the front of the barrel of the VS weapons grew.

The engineers featured a nice visual cue for the NC on the side of their LMG - "point the weapon this way."
  13. Gundem

I kinda like it honestly...

NC aren't supposed to be "muh millsim", most of their gear is supposed to be corporate industrial equipment salvaged and turned into weapons.
  14. orangejedi829

Ouch. I hate to be critical, because someone put time and effort into designing these (presumably), and new content is always nice.
    But man.
    The EM6 literally looks like two guns glued together (or held together by that one little bolt, lol). And what's with the out-of-place tubing and blue grip? Remove/recolor those, and make the barrel shield larger than the body of the gun, and I think it would look pretty cool.
    The VS one looks okay, if only it didn't have those random blue lights on the barrel heat shield thing. I like the wires on one side.
    The TR one actually looks mostly okay, except there seems to be no forward grip, which makes me wonder how you're supposed to hold it. Maybe one in each hand for maximum dakka?
    I feel like all three of these are 80% of the way to a good-looking design. But they certainly aren't there yet.. :/
  15. DeatnKnight

The EM6 is by far the ugliest of the three. The others are...ok.

The TR LMG needs the magazine moved forward. Having it directly in front of the trigger mechanism makes for a goofy looking weapon.
  16. orangejedi829

I also find it humorous how NC guns have muzzle brakes (or the option to equip compensators) despite being electrically driven.
  17. The Rogue Wolf

My understanding is that NC ammo is a combination of chemically- and magnetically-driven, so any burning gases (or superheated air from within the barrel as the round is accelerated) could be exploited by a muzzle brake/compensator.
    • Up x 3
  18. Iridar51

Correct, they fire chemically propelled caseless ammunition with the assistance of magnetic coils. That's why the gunshots and muzzle flashes, but no ejecting spent casings or ejection ports.
  19. SixNineFour

I find it humorous that you think they wouldn't need muzzle breaks or compensators. Railguns have large amount of recoil and big muzzle blast. Of course someone would want to control that. To make the gun safer, more controllable, less visible and harder to hear.
  20. Mezinov

I think the problem with the set of new models is that they were clearly done by two different 3D artists, and inconsistently textured. The EM6 just stands out the most because of the light metallic coloring of the NC weapons; the changed area of the gun just looks flat and undetailed compared to the rest.

The best comparison to see this is to look at the EM-1, EM-6, and SAW. Everything forward of the receiver on the EM-6 is just flat.

You can see the same trend on the TR and VS weapons, though it is masked by the darker colors.