Flashes are just out of hand

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pondera, May 10, 2016.

1. thed1rt

whoops i just realized i was thinking of the fury grenade launcher. I havent even tried the renegade yet.
  2. Catch23

always compare number of players not vehicles alone. A 3/3 Harasser should have a chance vs 2/2 MBT and it does. 5 2/2 flashes should win vs. 3 lightnings. But actually they don't. Flash is an easy 1shot kill for a lightning. Because Viper/ HE is cheese anyway and there is only AP.
    But I agree that Wraith Flashes are op on infantry because they shouldn't be able to roadkill while cloaked.
  3. lsp1

You don't know what you're talking about. A grenade launcher isn't going to flip a several hundred pound bike.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. lsp1

Also, I haven't seen this happen in game. And if I had I wouldn't have a problem with it. What ever it takes to win, that's life. I do it too, I always play the cheesiest, most min/max thing available.
  5. JobiWan

Running a Fury/Wraith flash isn't easy to do well. It takes practice and more practice. The first dozen times I tried it I died about 3 seconds after engaging the enemy.

Kudos to those who do it well, in groups or otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  6. Moridin6

HOOHOOHOOHOOWAAHH
  7. Haquim

The funny thing about that is: In my experience its exactly opposite to ESFs.

In small fights ESFs are almost untouchable, in bigger fights you might evaporate before even realizing that two bursters and a skyguard evaporated you before the six heavies could lock you.

Wraiths in small fights get noticed and shot out of the seat pretty easily.
    But in BIG fights, theres a big fat chance there will be a group of twenty guys hiding behind the same rock who are so preoccupied with whatever they're hiding from they will never see you coming.
    So.... decloak, fury/renegade blazing, drive right through them and even IF they recover in time and kill you, you will propably still have killed at least half a squad.
    If you want you can also put C4 on your flash and yell something in proximity chat mocking a major religion while doing that....
    • Up x 2
  8. Moridin6

VANU AKBAR

make sure your lumifiber and underglow are on ;)
  9. Rikkit

In Planetside i own only a single Horn for a vehicle: The Demonic laugh horn for the flash.
    Reason?
    There is nothing more statisfying than roadkilling a max with a Flash and let him know, that you're enjoying it.
  10. freeAmerish

• Up x 1
  11. DCTH

Are we really discussing if the Flash is OP!? ... wtf has this game, or rather the players come to?

"omygawd ... i got killed by something that wasn't blatantly shooting from the direction of the enmies spawnroom. Is op ... plz nerf."

This ain't a tunnel-shooter where hostiles always pop up from the same direction like zombies.

Also, if the Flash is that strong, why isn't everyone using them? ... oh wait, you say they're only strong WHEN used in a team, when the drivers have spacial awarness and talk to each other, when they flank, etc.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kristan

Actually I'd say pretty lot of people use wraith flashes nowdays. And mostly for solo hunt.

So yah, OP and cheesy. Get balls to use the same tactics without cloaking.
  13. Herbaceous

Personally, I think any unit that can cloak and kill is utterly lame.

Even infiltrators should have their cloaking skills removed, or at the very least nerfed to the point where the cloak is only good for very short moments, and even then should only help them to blend in to their surroundings a bit better than normal. Not go completely invisible.

I don't care how cool people think infiltrators are, I'll always consider them to be the cowards of the battlefield when it comes to genuine one-on-one combat. No combatant should be able to appear, strike and vanish with impunity. And the addition of Flashes to their arsenal makes them even more ridiculous.

Other than that class, I think Planetside 2 is awesome :)
  14. Moridin6

lol

so in a 1v1 its OK for one of them to pop a shield though?
    and youre just skipping right past the Lower health the infil class has.

Personally i run around with glowing armor on. and spend more time visible than not. so in a 1v1 against a shielded HA, i only won because of Cheese? hahahha

what about when my ammo is all gone but the engi i come up against has Infinite And a little beeping buddy ?

all classes have their advantages and downsides, and cloak by no mean makes you Invisible. combine that with less HP and faction specific loud a$$ noises announcing your presence . . infiltrator is balanced. wraith flash the same. get better
  15. Scatterblak

I don't think so. Lobbing a 2 lb (at the most) grenade shouldn't have a lot of effect on a military ATV that weighs several hundred pounds.

Respectfully, I just can't agree. As a career inf (BR 101), I've had a wraith (cloaked flash with a gren launcher on it) for a long time, and while there have been more than a few times when I and my friends working together have killed some armor, the majority of the encounters results in either no love or me getting killed. If you encountered 3 or 4 or 5 guys on wraiths who are all obviously working together, I'm sure it was frustrating, but the fault doesn't lie with the flash - it was a product of their cooperation. They could have all had reavers or lightnings or whatever, and still created a lot more grief than they could have individually. In a game that continually exhorts the player base to work together and very often comes up short, I'd humbly suggest that the occasional dynamic like this that results from a few players actually taking the time to work together to get a better result is more of a win than anything else.

As an aside, the main thing that kills me on a wraith - and I'm pretty good with the gren launcher after all this time - is a shielded heavy A-B'ing and standing his ground firing at me. Wayyyy tougher to handle than a lightning.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scatterblak

http://www.kleenex.com
    • Up x 1
  17. DeatnKnight

I saw a flash take out an AMS today by itself. Thats when I realized that yeah, flashes are OP at the moment.
  18. Neo3602

Why did you just watch instead of shooting the guy out of his flash?
    • Up x 1
  19. customer548

Ahhhh...the famous :
    - "I got killed by X , so i decide that X is OP and cheezy."
    - "U killed me , so i decide that you're not a real man !!! "
    - "I got killed but i'm the one giving random advices. Because i'm a real man, 'cause i have balls !!!"
    - "Others are responsible for my own failures, i'm not"

I mean...:eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. Moridin6

right thats like 30 seconds or something of sitting there pumping nades lol
    • Up x 1