Lock on nerf... why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Raptor0348, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Service

Ahhh.... so that's how it works now! I was wondering....
  2. Raptor0348

let me try (again) to put it into perspective. Anti-Armor is incredibly easy. A lone heavy can clear out a sunderer with some C4 and a rocket or 2... Even AT mines. Why is nobody seemingly complaining about how effortless Anti Armor is? Yet when I ask for Anti-Air capabilities its getting shot down(lol...).

It just feels like Anti Air Infantry gets the short end
  3. ToRideTheRisingWind

So you're telling me that it's ******** that people who have put time and effort into learning how to fly so they can be successful in the game are not being taken down easily by lockons, therefore meaning that something is fundamentally wrong and that A2A lockons should be buffed so that no player who doesn't have lockons can ever win a fight against someone that does. ********. What. The ****. Are. YOU. THINKIIIING? Lockons are already a ***** to deal with, even if the guy is a noob, and they are just plain abused by high-level players who can manage without them.
    My point of view is that, I can manage myself in the air, I've won 6v1s before without lockons, just the nose cannon and AB because I decided I wanted to put the time and the effort into it to become good. They then introduced the lockons with the cert line to decrease lock on time. Before this point, a guy with locks might be able to get 1 missile off at me without too much trouble, halving my health (if I am at full) and thereby leveling the playing field. That's fair enough, I understand noobs want a chance. But when people are able to decrease the time to lock so they can fire of 2-3 locks in the same time period, all of which are totally unavoidable at medium-close range, that's when I call ********.
    I can try and one clip the lock on user, but if they get the jump on me, I'll be hard pressed to retaliate before they've fired off a second, setting me on fire. And then I have the task of taking them down whilst nearly dead, with the lock ons practically forcing me into close quarters combat, even though that's not where you want to be with next to no health left.

It's stupidity like this which has led to people like Ac3s being dominant in the sky despite having 0 skill or effort put into it.
    You are no exception, I am fairly sure I've seen you running around using lock ons are your lifeline to easy certs.
  4. RainbowDash9

we do complain about that...quite a lot actually lol.

But anyway the change will probably fit in once they finish the Air changes, which Wrel said they were working on, and im pretty sure is already on PTS.

unless youre talking about that, incase im dumb. but i dont see any of this **** anywhere so meh
  5. TrolKabu

Considering his latency, he may read your answer in about 29 months.
    • Up x 1
  6. RainbowDash9

necros ftw

Everyone else is doing it so i say **** it why not
  7. Fraecker

Lock on is easy, yes, but it needs time and a good pilot can deal with it.

Yesterday we tried with 2 - 104 Player and Lock on at a good Reaver Pilot, he killed us 4 times and we couldnt do anything...so what we are talking about?
  8. TheMightyGomora

I call bull on that.

Ground-to-air lock on guidance is brain dead a good fraction of the rockets you fire will end up crashing into an obstacle 10 feet away from you. Even if you are lucky to not have it crash into a nearby obstacle, the ESF has plenty of time to deploy flares and prevent the rocket from hitting. I have gunned Liberators and Galaxies and unless you are literally up close to the one firing on you, you have a good few seconds to brace for impact, find cover, or deploy flares and run away.

Ground-to-ground lock on rockets are abit better in their tracking, but still, unless you are up close to the one firing lock ons at you, you will have a few seconds to either brace for impact, find cover, or just pop smoke.
    • Up x 1
  9. Pelojian

one of the problems with with lockons isn't just that the target is warned pilots can see which type they are getting painted by, i say take G2A lockons and add a slight delay to the lock on warning or make G2A launchers acquire a lock faster and actually fire straight for a few seconds so they don't uselessly destory themselves on terrain.
  10. TheMightyGomora

I agree with the firing straight for a few seconds, however I am abit iffy on the delay on the warning. How slight of a delay are we talking about here?
  11. Pelojian

presuming that the rocket flies straight first then seeks? maybe up to half of the time to lockon to the aircraft.
  12. user101

OMG thanks for the NERF - NC has by far the best lockons... and did you know if you jump out of an aircraft the lockon stops following you....!!! HA HA... And I wondered why all the guys used jet packs.
  13. stalkish

Please check post date to which you are replying.
    The post you replied to is 2.5 yrs old....
    Im sure lockons have changed many times since then.....
  14. TheMightyGomora

Well crap. I did not see that...
    Sorry about that.
  15. ArcKnight

ok the thread necro-ing is getting out of hand here
  16. Pikachu

Change back your avatar. I don't recognize you.
  17. stalkish

No apologies necessary m8, not to me at least :).
    Ive made the same mistake so i always check post dates now, especially if the topic seems a little off.
  18. HomicideJack

Anti-air assets are underpowered as it is, unless you're running dual G30's on a sundy. I don't even see why a nerf was needed, but then again I do play on the PS4.

Sorry, I didn't look at the whole thread before posting. Wow, this **** is old.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.