NC low win-rate - where is the balance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trizadd, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Money

I'd like to see some stats on how many players start out on NC, but abandon those characters to go and main VS/TR. I do believe that NC has the worst retention of new players who get annoyed by the hard mode starter weapons or the lack of success in the field. I believe that it is significant. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned NC having to depend on lower BR characters. If that is all that is available, what are the NC supposed to do? I would like to see a average mean BR rank for each Empire on each server and the number of BR 100+ players for each empire on each server. I would bet there is a correlation.

I find it laughable that VS/TR continue to say that all the good players over all the servers exclusively play VS/TR. Almost every alert that I witness has NC being attacked massively on two fronts. I read about VS/TR outfit leaders (on multiple servers) given a choice of where to fight, almost always choose to fight NC. Im sorry, but that can't be a personnel problem. Poor maneuverability on your main tank. Poor maneuverability on your ESF. NC weaponry is best suited for 1 on 1 play? When was the last PS2 fight that was 1 on 1? Lack of reliable long range AV. AI Max that doesn't function unless the enemy is within 10m. One person above actually suggested that NC looses because they are the BLUE faction??????

IMHO, the game would play better and be more fun for all, if all three empires were on equal footing.
  2. Gr1mw0lf

This is what Cobalt-Map looks like every secound day. Since nearly about two hours we got this static frontline.
    And why? Because whenever NC tries to take for example Vanu Archives back, whole TR-Force gets there with xxxxx-Overpop, while shortly after this Vanu tries to capture Crossroads.
    In the meantime there are nearly no fights on TR/VS-Borders. mostly 1-12, highest 12-24. And this is ridiculous. I often sence something like a peacetreaty between TR and VS while both stomp NC.

[IMG]
    Link for picture if it didnt get attached

How about an XP-increase/decrease for fighting the Faction with the most/less population (maybe worldwide, maybe continentwide)? So the players from all factions got rewarded for equal fights?
  3. Taemien

So you want to win with 12 vs 120? Because that's what you're asking. So what happens during primtime when the numbers are the same (and when NC wins at the same rate as the other factions)?

I'm going to tell you the same thing that is told to MMORPG players when they wipe on bosses. Get gud.

Seriously. Why is this different? If a bunch of roleplayers and tradeskillers have to group up to get something done, why is it suddently different when PVPers have to?

But like I said, the stats don't lie. And the stats show the NC win as much as the TR during primtime. VS is actually the lowest. VS actually only get the wins during the offpeak hours when no one else is around.

But you just want to win all the time. That's your agenda, that's now exposed.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheMightyGomora

No.... The reason why people are giving alot of attention to the NC starter weapons is that some of them should have NEVER been starters. I hope you are being sarcastic here for your sake.
  5. ThreePi

I want the NC to win 12 v 120? No I want to have a discussion without your ridiculous strawmans.

Look up NS weapon performance, it's basically equal across all three factions. NC players are just as skilled as the other two factions. That is indisputable FACT.

That you keep trying to bring skill and coordination into this is mind blowing. This idea that, across THOUSANDS of players, a half dozen servers, multiple continents, that a third off all of those players decided to congregate onto the same faction, like I can't comprehend the sort of mental gymnastics required to think that.

I'll ask it again, since all you could do is dodge my question: why would it be a bad thing for the NC to win as much as the TR and VS? Why are you so afraid of that?
  6. So_Long

What bad with nc starter weapons?
  7. So_Long

Why u unread answers on yr questions?
  8. ThreePi

I hope English isn't your first language because this literally makes no sense.
    • Up x 3
  9. Tr34

How can you apply all those player-based gameplay faults to all servers? Do all NC players on all servers are the same?
    It's obvious that empire specific vehicles and weapons are inferior when compared to other two factions.
    Vehicles and anti vehicle weapons matter much, because they are the killing machines of this game.
    If NC had Gatekeeper-like weapon and a mosquito equivalent, things would be a lot different.
    VS has nearly all weapons without bullet drop. That allows more hit ratio from distance, and better actual DPS.
    NC empire-specific vehicles and Anti-Vehicle secondaries suck, this is the answer. They need buff ASAP.
  10. RainbowDash9

anyone remember iron wolves? those people were EEEVVILLL to fight against. both on the ground and in the air.

Also to fill my "be a dick online" quota, NC is so bad because it attracts all the trump supporters lol
  11. Chewy102

And the people who hold those 2 things up seem to forget a couple of key things as well.

The WRE is nothing but a large alert. It was even unplayable with how the servers reacted to such large numbers. You learn NOTHING from a one time event. For data to be valid it has to be consistent and repeatable. A sample size of 1 doesn't a fact make before going into the details of how the servers was about to catch fire from stress. Or the fact that there has been tens of thousands of alerts worth of data going against it.

And SS has a massive balance problem it shares with Live but has the opposite effect. Shotgun MAXes. NC is only faction to bother pulling MAXes in Server Smashes. That right there ***** the data. It's the same problem with Live as NC pulls the least MAXes from shotguns. And if a faction has to fight MAXes without their own, they tend to loose more than not.

Here is the problem with a high turn over and low retention rate NC has.

There isn't veteran players or outfits on NC anymore. They either quit the game or moved to another faction for a number of reasons. Outside of PHX, I don't recognizes ANY NC outfits on Emerald. And I known lots of them as I have taken part in many coalitions between NC outfits in Waterson and Emerald.

If a faction can't keep new players, they can't become vets. And if a faction can't create vets, they can't teach new players to form a cycle of crap. These balance problems have been going on so long that this cycle has been the normal for YEARS.
  12. Taemien

I'm not afraid of that, because its a FACT that it DOES happen. Check out the alert stats and filter by Primetime.

TR wins most, followed VERY closely by NC. VS wins the least.
    VS makes up for it during Offpeak hours. In other words, when they have a pop advantage.

I stand by what I said. NC wins when it matters. Both when people are online with the general population. As well as in organized play.

But you knew that. You're not that naive. You just want buffs where you don't need them.
  13. Trizadd

[IMG]
  14. customer548

During the past week, we had several threads about "Buff VS now, can't play !!!".
    As far as i remember it, we had 3 or 4 "Buff TR now, can't aim" threads during this month.
    Now this thread.

Some people should really play the game, make characters in the 3 Factions and play those after BR3.
    I play at this game in the 3 Factions with BR70+ characters, in a relative competitive way.
    I never had to think "OMG, lack of balance, omg need buff, omg broken so much" when i failed.

Stop constantly whining, play the game. Stop looking at stats, at pops, at Devs, at servers, at everything in order to find a reason to whine.

Play the game and ADAPT.
  15. Sourpower

I'm just going to post my experience as a new player here.

So I joined yesterday as NC. I fought, and died, and felt completely and utterly useless. I tried every class, to no avail. I wasn't having any fun in the slightest. I basically couldn't get a single kill in. Then, I did what you mentioned, which was try the other factions. So I joined Vanu, and there was an immediate and incredibly noticeable difference in my killing prowess. My LA could flank and destroy unexpecting infantry, my HA could tank, etc. I'm current having a blast as medic, with good firepower and the amazing ability to keep an army on its feet, I had the time of my life today.

I experienced none of this with the NC. I couldn't even be a proper medic I was so helpless. So as a new player, I moved on. I adapted, just like you said to do, and I don't ever plan on playing NC again.
    • Up x 2
  16. chuck105

Lol Reavers and Vanguards being bad, ****! Reavers have the best weapons up close, which is good for both novice and ace pilots alike, plus they have the best thrusters and afterburners. Their large hotbox isn't relevant if they know how to use their advantages. Vanguards have a shield that allows them to tank 2 c4, win one on one's against other tanks. They have the best shell velocity and angle of elevation, allowing them to shoot down air.

I play on Genudine, and it's the TR that is over popping. It also seems suspicious when after the TR caps a continent, all their pop disappears and suddenly it's the NC that has pop. Seems like 4th factioning. But anyway, faction balance varies throughout the day, it may be that VS wins the most, but the more important stat is wins during peak hours, just because the VS are better at ghost capping Hossin when no one's on doesn't mean it's op and NC and TR are weak or imbalanced. For whatever reason, players gravitate to TR, that may have nothing to do with weapon or vehicle balance, or maybe it does.
  17. FranklinBrosevelt

I tried NC on Connery awhile ago, and I absolutely could not stand it. I actually really liked the guns and vehicles too. I know there's a running gag with NC and TK'ing but when I actually played NC it was insane how much I'd get TK'd. And I don't mean accidental deaths like someone shooting at an enemy and hitting a teammate, or accidentally being run over (I don't get worked up over that). I mean full blown someone found you in the middle of a firefight, and threw 2 c4 on your lightning and blew you up for no reason or just eating shotgun rounds to the face 3s after spawning in a spawn room.

I've played NC I think for less than a month before I gave up on them, and I still think with all the time I spent on VS and TR that I was still intentionally TK'd more on NC than both factions combined. Off putting to say the least.
  18. Vaphell

yes, that's a nice perk, but it doesn't win open field battles that are the foundation of the macro scale territorial control that transates to continental wins.

and how often do you face tanks in pure 1v1s? In 96+ you can easily see 10 prowlers that (combined with one of the best harassers the money can buy) will evaporate pretty much any number of vanguards on sight with their insane DPS. Comparatively a bit more survivability for a couple of seconds doesn't produce anywhere near that amount of destructive synergy. And even if you manage to have a seemingly slamdunk 1v1 case against the TR, you can never be sure - it can easily turn into an unpleasant surprise buttsecks given the TR's lethality from a hex away courtesy of GK, to which the NC have no answer in their whole arsenal.
    On the other front the vanu magriders certainly have no problem maintaining safe distance and strafing all over the place to evade while landing shots on clumsy lumbering bricks.

The slowest RoF of vanguards means they fare worst when swarmed by peasantry. Huge overkills every 4s are nothing to write home about.
    Outside of clearcut 1v1 facetanking the shield barely compensates for the overall ****tiness of the platform, without it the vanguard would be trash with no redeeming qualities, which is evidenced by not so awesome performance stats. They are the battleships of old (we don't use them anymore), big and scary but ultimately not mobile which gives everybody ample opportunity to run circles around them.

Again a marginal perk at best. I'd take faster RoF and/or more DPS over it if I could.
  19. omfgweeee

NC problem is not in the empire stuff. They r more than fine. Problem lies into the PS2 player base.

Most peoples start from NC. Then they learn the game a bit but get tired of get owned buy TR and VS and switch faction.

Not many peoples stay in NC and master it. Even less tries to apply some startegys in their game.

This is the NC problem not the toys but the kids that plays with them.
  20. oTec

I first started VS but that only lasted a few days. Went NC for a long time when i first started playing, then back to VS -> TR and now i'm permanenttly NC. Love the weapons and people underestimating me =3.
    Fighting for the losing side has a special touch to it.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.