[Suggestion] Kaboooom!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PatateMystere, May 3, 2016.

1. PatateMystere

I hate infiltrators, but I like challenge:

So, I'd like to see the ability for infiltrators to place remote/ timer bomb charge on buildings. Like C4 but, this charge create a reaction with cortium made stuff. So, it will be only usable on buildings. It can be destroy by defenders.

2 ideas:
    - it's a bomb. it explode one or several buildings in the area.
    - It acts like decon tool and start to decon/damage the buildings unless ennemy team find it and destroys it.

This can replace the recon tool.
  2. HadesR

Or instead of giving them direct dmg tools give them " Jammer Tools "

Repair Jammer : Disables Rep modules
    AI Jammer : Disables Auto modules
    Shield Jammer

etc etc etc

Or even something like a Cortium Leech tool .. That slowly drains resources when attached to a silo ( non-stackable )
    • Up x 1
  3. sebastian oscar post

4. oTec

[IMG]
  5. EPIC389

Michael bay would've been proud
  6. _itg

Interesting ideas. I think a time bomb would be hard to balance so that it's interesting and worthwhile to use without being too frustrating. If it goes off too quickly or is too subtle, it won't be much better than the skyshield exploit mess we've got right now in terms of letting a few people easily ruin the work of dozens of people. If it's too easy to discover the bomb before it blows up, it will be useless against non-abandoned bases. I'm not even sure it's possible to find an appropriate middle ground here.

The damage-over-time would be pretty workable, I think, as long as it takes long enough. Someone should notice the structure being damaged, so it's not unfair when the thing is destroyed. It would also serve as ambush bait for repairing engis, which is fun.
  7. sebastian oscar post

KAPOW!
    [IMG]
  8. FateJH

Only if I get a call out for "Cloaker sapping mah silo."
  9. Gundem

The difference being that actual people actually died in that video...