NC low win-rate - where is the balance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trizadd, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrax Servius

You guys want to see bad? Come check out the NC on ps4, Ohmagherrdddd!!!
  2. OldMaster80

Maybe the data include pre-buff statstics? NC weapons have already been buffed once.
  3. GhostAvatar

If you stop TKing each other, that might be a good start to winning.
    • Up x 3
  4. Towie

Very well said and so many people don't seem to get it.

On Cobalt, VS are UTTERLY DOMINANT - but only between midnight and 5:00AM GMT when they nearly always have a significant population advantage. At all other times they're pretty meh and generally struggle during primetime with a population disadvantage.

Exactly why this is, I don't know - maybe:
    TR - inconsistent but there's a lot of them
    NC - sleep like a baby
    VS - awake all night thanks to chafing spandex
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

NC is balance factor. TR\VS pretty similar in terms of balance, so when they fails attack each other, there NC....
  6. Yessme

Hello,

1 Point. NC never will be balanced to TR or VS, and thats not Weapong stats or something.
    The big Point is Close battel and Long range Fights.

Close battel: Allways high RDM. up to 750rdm. better than, much DMG, and there is NC his biggest Point. year we have pumpaction, but thats only for 10Meters, what about 20 or 30 Meters( this distance are most base fights), thats Point of VS and TR.
    High rdm, with 1x zoom, on 20-30 meters = OP allways.
    example: Headys, Gauß saw u Need 3, for kill, T9 or Orion 4, but bevor u can pull some one 3 headys, he allready can giv u 4 headys, in that time who u only can shoot 2. there is no Point for balancing, it`s game physic.

u can`t push NC without make them OP, because low rdm, and high dmg, is badest in Close battel fights... and if u wanna Balance it, u Need to giv NC high RDM low DMG, but than isn`t it NC XD
  7. TheMightyGomora

I have seen plenty of TR and VS do the exact same thing. It isn't just the NC.
  8. SpeedFreakPS1

Maybe with the pop balance the VS who were constantly overwhelmed by TR massive pop zergs are now showing what they learned always having to fight against the odds, just a thought :)
  9. Alkasirn

Yeah, obviously all the NC are just bad. Like how all the VS were MLG pro until ZOE and orion were nerfed. Oh wait...

However, I also think NC weapons are in a good position. With some exceptions (like the copy/pasted weapons), NC weapons seem to be balanced around the idea that they should be borderline OP when in their niche - and awful outside of their niche. Like shotguns. Any significant buff would make them too good in too many situations, but any significant nerf would make them worthless in all situations.

That works perfectly fine on an individual level. Just move so you can engage with your weapon's strengths - easy (no, really, it is. If you don't think so, introduce yourself to situational awareness.) But when everyone in the entire empire has the same niche as you, there's very few (if any) people capable of covering a situation you can't and the enemy can exploit it. So we end up with situations like: NC being slightly underpopped while attacking a small base and still able to win, sometimes easily, but by the time they start pushing to the next base they struggle and look uncoordinated because a lot of them are using the wrong weapon for the job. But then again, TR and VS use the wrong weapons just as often. It just doesn't have as big of an effect because their weapons can still do something outside of their niche.
  10. freeAmerish

And what about the 600X167 weapons you left out?
    You can fire 3 shots faster from 600 rpm than 4 from 750rpm.
  11. SpeedFreakPS1

Guass (default) and GDS are the best LMGs in the game IMHO, I don't play heavy most of the time but I was amazed by both when I created my NC alt. The Gauss is the only weapon I have found easy to use with HVA, it doesn't seem to be impacted by it very much.
  12. Rebelgb

Man im with the OP. Not sure why anyone plays as NC. As TR I hate playing against VS. VS weapons do too much damage and I avoid getting into big battles against them. Too frustrating as a heavy (my primary class). However find me a TR vs. NS fight and im there all day long. So easy to own NC.
  13. The Shady Engineer

Air support is a big one. ***** nobody flies in the NC. I'm not a pilot myself so I don't know whether it is because the Reaver is bad or because NC pilots got tired of being shot down by Terran and Vanu sky aces or whatever. It was actually kind of stunning to me how much air support TR gets (at least on my server) when I started my TR alt.
  14. DragenoidHighLord

I play as a pure NC and i am not too bad if i do say so myself since i am not an FPS player in general and i do get nifty kill streaks from tiem to time with a Heavy starter saw(which is hardest hitting LMG in the game as far as i've heard) but honestly to me NC are in need to be atractive to players,since they require more skill due to their CQC and hardhitting low capacity nature.I mean i never liked to sniper nor knew,started to use the Railjack and i've been lining up few headshots and kills,its mostly the skill requirements needed to master NC way of doing everything,in the nutshell the way i see PS factions is TR-High capacity,low damage , VS versitile and nifty on the reloads and magriders and NC is mostly a CQC and team based faction (for instance look at the NC max Aegis shield which can be used as a moveable cover for fellow soldiers) yes in practice it sounds good but in the field its a diffrent situation but you get the point.

So in my eyes NC is a good faction,just seen as a too steep for new players,but in all honesty i find playing as NC rather exciting especially in squads and platoons.
  15. Rebelgb

This. All day this.
  16. LaughingDead

Welp back to the topic at hand, NC on all servers are losing, why is that?
    1. Always underpop
    2. All of them are bad players (kinda unlikely that all bad players are in one faction)
    3. Harsh learning curve with weapons on top of harsh game learning curve
    4. Poor teamwork
    5. Poor weapons
    6. Losing in areas that are important in the game

Even for those of you that think that NC are perfectly balanced and fair along with some claiming NCOP, for the sake of the game, what should be done if these wins aren't regulated evenly between factions? People quit NC, an entire faction gone because people didn't want to get face stomped against players that have every weapon their faction can get, a third of the entire game and all the interesting counterplay mechanics for said factions gone.

Sounds like I'm being a DOOMSAYER right? Welp long while ago, I played a game called MAG, sort of same concept as planetside, 3 factions, fight on different levels, get contracts that boost the entire army, simple? Then one faction went down, valor, leaving raven and sver, then players joined sver, but more people played scer than raven and no one played an entire third of the game which meant less ques, battles and lead to a great game dying simply because one faction wasn't up to par. I'd rather not see that happen to planetside, a great 3 faction massive multiplayer fps that has the beginnings of a faction decline.
  17. ThreePi

What buffs? And remember, the NC came in dead last on I think every server but one in the World Domination Series, which was TWO YEARS AGO. So NC has been in the gutter for a long time.

Look at what has come out in this game in the last two years:

Harassers, which instantly favored TR and VS because of the Gatekeeper, PPA, Marauder.
    ZOE, which basically ruined the infantry game for months.
    ESL, the Phoenix was OP for less than 48 hours before they nerfed it, while original Striker shut down vehicles with their broken tracking.
    Auraxium weapons, which has included the still dominating Betlegeuse.
    New AV Secondaries, Gatekeeper, nuff' said.

Of all the new content that has rolled out in this game, the one "win" that you could say the NC got was the second AV MAX weapons. But even then, when they first came out, the Fractures were the blatantly OP ones (they basically were as bad as the Gatekeeper is now).
  18. Trizadd

Thanks you all for this discussion and arguments. I do agree to some of them and to other not. The more I think about balancing the NC, the more it will be complicated. Yes, they maybe should change all weapons-stats or find anyway a middle-way (maybe nerf the other 2 factions? or dont care about if it fits with the NC-arsenal?) to balance it. And I dont think that the NC has no good players and is full with "*******" (yes, much more than VS or TR has), but this is a problem that Daybreak has to fix! If this faction is a magnet for this "*******", then Daybreak have to start working and have to make them more attractive, especially for more professional players. In my opinion, the NC cant stay like this now. If they could even win more 50% / 50% fights without win alerts, I would be fine with it. But they should at least be able to hold some bases!!! How Daybreak finally want to balance it, or if they want balance it at all, is not our problem in first sight. We can give them just suggestions and feedback. And I think that the most players can agree with me when I say that the NC is "weaker" than the other 2 factions. My friends and me dont say lets play NC, we say lets go HARDMODE
  19. King Feraligatr

It's a well known fact that NC have by far the worst players in Planetside history, without fail. I'm not really an active PS2 player (and taking a break from PS1), but when I was, oh boy. The NC where some redefinition of stupid and incompetent. Always dying, always TKing each other, always being dumb loudmouths, always standing around thinking they're one man armies, never pushing, etc. I've suffered through them and can say that NC are some of the stupidest things I've ever seen. I really can't say why though. From my initial glances, PS2 NC actually has stuff worth using (unlike PS1. Ha, PS1 NC..... what a joke), so I can't chalk it up to equipment in my experience. It could be that all the newbs want to join the "hero" faction or the "cool" faction. However, it seems like even high level PS2 NC players suck. Could be their "blue" color that makes them suck (I notice most of the time when playing a team game, the blue team sucks more than the other ones even if usually the people in the team are usually good), but I dunno.

This "NC is super sh itty and sucky" phenomena is really aggravating to me and I really cannot understand it. It's costed me more than a bit of my sanity. Still, there's no denying it's inherent to the system, no matter how illogical it is. I've heard the NC has sucked the worst since the PS1 Beta in around 2002/early 2003, and evidence has shown that they have been the worst faction all the years in PS1 (and still are in PS1!). This translated into PS2, which it seems to stay true to this day(just a couple days ago I played. Ugh, the NC where the ***** of legends). And unlike PS1, PS2 do not have sh itty equipment poring out of every facet of their arsenal. Sorry that I cannot be of more help. The only time I've seen NC "players" be even with TR and VS ones is when they are bots (I mod other games to have some PS1 style PS people).
  20. Alzir

The problem with NC and alerts has nothing to do with faction balance, it is organisation.

NC are usually the favoured faction in server smashes because they are seen as OP, but in live play it's not as evident I think because too many new players favour it, and airpower is too disorganised. NC is the hardest faction to learn but the most favourable for us westerners from a lore point of view, so you get a lot of new players running about like headless chickens and unable to control their weapons well enough to win fights. VS and TR are quite closely aligned in terms of weapon mechanics (infantry anyway), and most older players migrated there early as a consequence.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.