PTS Update - 4/30

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Sites, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sites Executive Producer, Planetside 2

PTS will be coming down for an update in a bit to publish the following changes:

Construction balance/tuning adjustments based on Live server feedback
    • NC/VS Skywall shield now damage enemy vehicles that enter them
    Deployed AI Turrets
    • Fixed bug where NC/VS turrets had different CoF values than TR
    • Deplayed Anti Infantry Turret CoF Recoil decreased to 0.05 from 0.25
    • Deployed Anti Infantry Turret Min CoF increased to 1.1 from 0.45
    • Deployed Anti Infantry Turret Max CoF Increased to 1.45 from 0.45
    • Auto Anti Infantry Turret Target Acquire Time increased to 250ms from 150ms
    • Auto Anti Infantry Turret Base Turn Rate decreased to 300 from 750
    • Auto Anti Infantry Turret Fire Tolerance decreased to 1 from 5
    Active Hive Shield
    • Increased resist for resist type 3 (Direct damage of Furys, Bullbogs, ect) to 75 from 60
    • Increased resist for resist type 5 (Direct damage of Annihilator) to 40 from 10
    • Increased resist for resist type 11 (C4) to -50 from -100
    • Increased resist for resist type 34 (Direct damage of Decimator) to 45 from 37
    Active Hive Core
    • Increased resist for resist type 2 (Direct damage of small arms) to 80 from 0
    • Increased resist for resist type 3 (Direct damage of Furys, Bullbogs, ect) to 15 from 0
    • Increased resist for resist type 4 (Direct damage of Basilisk) to 70 from 0
    • Increased resist for resist type 5 (Direct damage of Annihilator) to 25 from 0
    • Increased resist for resist type 11 (C4) to -25 from -100
    • Increased resist for resist type 34 (Direct damage of Decimator) to 25 from 0
    • Fix for an issue where zone servers will occasionally shutdown unexpectedly.
    Misc Changes/Fixes:
    • Fix for /fsay (faction say) functionality
    • Spawning deployables will now have a slightly larger exclusion area around them. After a few seconds the exclusion should revert to normal. This helps us prevent deployable penetration on the zone.
    • Added Decon Tool icons.
    • Tank mine should now blow up by other explosion's AOE damage.
    • Fixed issue where skulls did not appear after a player died.
    • Fixed an issue where the Warp Confirmation window would not appear, depending on the screen the player was in. It should now pop-up when you're in a queue and able to warp, regardless of where you are.
    • VS violet pulsing chassis light should now work properly.
    • Cortium crystals should no longer spawn within 100 meters of player-constructed objects.
    • Up x 2
  2. Jeslis

Does type 3 resist include lightening/MBT weaponry?
  3. OpolE

Please up^^^^^ the population CAP its no longer MMO
  4. Sandi18

You guys introduce a new problem that is making players wait for more than 20min to play the game...

I found myself stuck on this problem yesterday, when a continent that i was playing was locked/closed (which makes us to choose another one to keep playing...) and I couldn't spawn again for 20~30min waiting for some "unbalanced condition" on any continent appear to let us spawn again on the game...

All continents at that time where like 33%, 33%, 33%...sometimes even when i found a "unbalanced" one, with like 31%, 34%, 34%, I couldn't spawn in because my faction had 34% (and we can't be forced to log off to play a faction that we don't like...). I only play in one faction (like almost the entire game does, with few exceptions) and we will not create a new character on a faction that we don't like just to satisfy some "balanced rule", that was invented by someone that didn't thought about the problem he created...

It's pretty obvious that you guys can't create rules that doesn't allow players to play...(or make them wait for 20min and leave the game because they can't even spawn on the training room)...or doesn't let they play what they really want to play...just to make the game "symmetric", if the game is already asymmetrical by nature...

I know that you guys have reasons now to make this (and i agree with this reasons...), with this new construction system, for obvious reasons (since, otherwise, the larger faction would always lock/close all continents by just spawn in all their players on empty continents...). But this can create a heavy impact on new and old players that doesn't have long periods of time in their lives to wait and find an "unbalanced and probably a hated" continent to play...

So, please check the math behind this problem again, because it still needs refinement to be a good system, otherwise you guys could potentialy lose some players that doesn't have time to wait for long periods to simply spawn and play the game...
  5. Scr1nRusher

After testing this, I think you made abit too inaccurate.

You guys stacked nerfed on the AI turret, which while nerfs were definitely needed you might have went a tad overboard by nerfing the accuracy they way you did.

Why not instead:
    • Deployed Anti Infantry Turret Min CoF increased to 1 from 0.45
    • Deployed Anti Infantry Turret Max CoF Increased to 1.35 from 0.45
  6. Puppy

I hope the red text error for placing objects is fixed soon. The object shows as green, so it should be placable, but I keep getting an error more than half the time... Literally...
  7. Puppy

Another issue is that if crystals only spawn 100 meters away from objects. Enemies, or fake allies, will purposely build on the spawn spots to stop others from mining. (Suggest active Hive only)
  8. Scr1nRusher

After more testing of the Anti-Infantry turrets, the other nefs were fine & did was they were supposed to.

But the extent of the accuracy nerfs might have been abit too much.
  9. Scr1nRusher

other nerfs were fine*
  10. Corezer

make the faction balance thing based off the second highest faction, right now as it stands if one faction has low global pop you basically cant play the game since there wont be room for you anywhere.
  11. gunner117

yes please this makes it so hard for platoons to switch maps. with every one on an alert the vs will have like 20% global and because of that we will get stuck in the vr :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.