NS max shotguns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Avlaen, May 1, 2016.

1. Avlaen

Now that NC have machine guns will TR and VS finally get a taste of the splat max power in bio labs?
    • Up x 1
  2. Cirena

Sure why not, if the NS shotties are going to be as "good" as the gorgons.
    • Up x 3
  3. Septus

Future of this thread:
    NC- trust us, they suck, you don't want them
    TR and VS- ummm, yes we do, they are best in CQC which is where all meaningful combat takes place in this game due to base design.
    NC- Nah
    And then a general fight about overall balance of this game unrelated to the topic with lots of irrelevant stats and many rude things said.

I don't see why not to add them, more guns is usually good, but other content is better. they don't have to be shotguns but some kind of very close range weapon. More variety for us, more $ for DBG. plus we will see who is right in this age old debate.
    • Up x 3
  4. Taemien

I think the better idea is to swap the AI MAX weapons around for a few cycles.

Let TR and VS only get what the NC has. I'd wager their stats drop like a rock.
    • Up x 3
  5. Avlaen

why would we not want the best max weapons for close range?
  6. FateJH

That's going to be difficult when the TR AI arms and the NC AI arms keep pace with each other as well as they currently do.
  7. Scr1nRusher

How about them MAX flamethrowers & Grenade Launcher?
  8. Kaitos

LOL, this is so true.

As an almost only NC player i can assure you that those Gorgons NS guns Suck SO BAD.
    But like SO BAD, almost at the same level of using AA Dual Cannons against infantry.
  9. FateJH

They probably began to phase the idea out when they were working on the redesigned damage model of the Lasher V2 from its first version (which is similar in principle). Also, something something performance.
  10. Avlaen

they arent that much worse than mercys at AI and are way better anti max and can harm vehicles aswell. :p
  11. Taemien

They're not. Unless you're trying to use shotguns against them. Even SMGs and Carbines can take down a MAX.

The only niche the AI NC MAX has is the 'oh sh-t' moment someone gets when they round a corner and 'find' the MAX right there. I don't have any issues with NC MAXes on my TR, I really don't. Some have slugs, but they aren't very accurate with them.
  12. Azawarau

Theyre really not good

Max Basi>Shotguns by far

I dont see a reason for VS to use these but TR are going to be having a ball with them and lockdown......
  13. _itg

Even VR, it takes ages to kill infantry (or anything, for that matter) with Gorgons. They're not a valid substitute for proper AI weaponry, nor should they be.
  14. Avlaen

they dont have that much less dps than TR mercies but do much better against enemy maxs which is needed v NC
  15. Chewy102

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/ns-20-gorgon-weapon-tests.240233/

If you bother to go into the link within that and compare the Gorgon to other MAX AI weapons you should see that the Gorgon for AI and AM is quite able to hold its own.

Anti MAX the Gorgon has less TTK than anything TR and VS have and only NC MAXes have a lower TTK but that's only if he has double extended mags and is well under 15m before shotguns go limp. Plus the Gorgon is immune to kinetic armor meaning there is nothing to effect that TTK unlike all AI MAX weapons who gets at least another 60% added to their TTKs.

Anti Infantry the Gorgon is somewhat outclassed by most MAX AI. That is mostly due to ROF being lower than TR/VS weapons and shotguns for having their 2-4 click kills up close so the AI TTK is going to be hovering around 1 second at best without headshots. Outside of those 2 things though the Gorgon is rather comparable to other MAX AI. It is actually the 3rd most accurate MAX weapon in the game! Only the Blueshift and Mercy have better accuracy, while also having sameish damage profiles. Other options are better than the Gorgon for pure infantry but the main perk of a Gorgon is to be a threat to all targets at once.

For giving up some AI power, the Gorgon gives a LOT of perks for being the most flexible and one reliable MAX weapon. The biggest downside to the Gorgon is using it to defend player bases. Any missed shots to targets near your constructs will cause friendly fire and gain grief points. BUT, in attacking player bases any missed shots are still doing damage making them that much better.

A solid weapon. It just doesn't meet TR and VS players expectations as they are a bit spoiled by the raw accuracy of Mercy and Blueshift.
    • Up x 1
  16. Avlaen

As a TR player im still prefferring them over the mercy because of that anti max capability i can still kill infantry fine and i can kind of deal with Raven and splat maxs alot better than with mercies, though i still want some shotguns now than NC have machine guns. :p
  17. Movoza

Because many weapons need effectiveness above close range, which the other MAXs do have. Now I'm doing falcon and raven MAXs as medium range, which works well, but not as well as dedicated AI like the blueshifts or mercies. Only effectiveness in very limited areas might boost the stats, but as you can't use them elsewhere it makes the weapon actually less functional.
  18. Avlaen

but NC allways said its ok if we are OP at close range as our maxs have no longer range AI weapons, and now this is false with the gorgons.
  19. Movoza

How and why do you write this? Someone suggests to switch all MAX AI weapons for some time, the NC gaining all VS and TR MAX AI weapons to choose from while the TR and VS get the NC MAX shotguns. You ask why you wouldn't want that. I say because you want to be more flexible on range for better effectiveness. You then say some weird **** about "the NC always says" and the Gorgons?
    Shotguns are highly situational. As MAX units lack consistent and proper ways to move close to their enemies they need to be in the correct environment. Many environments allow fights greater than shotgum range, restricting the use of the MAX shotguns severely. They are king in close range combat, but so is a normal shotgun vs an LMG. The LMG is still generally better to use.
    That is my message. None of that **** you just throw in there to "win" an argument.
    • Up x 2
  20. JKomm

You are comparing the Gorgons to TR MAX chainguns and VS MAX machine guns? They are certainly not that effective against infantry, and have considerably less accuracy and range. If they introduce NS MAX shotguns then why not NS chainguns and machine guns? Then we're back at square one where everything is common pool and faction diversity is at risk.

People say NC MAX shotguns are the best... which is and isn't true, in my experience NC MAXes are the best at taking out enemy MAXes, TR and VS MAXes are far superior at taking out infantry due to their magazine capacity, reload speed, and accuracy. What NC has is not the best for infantry... yes, they do kill in 2 shots, but relative to their magazine capacity that is a major chunk of what we have, TR and VS can kill infantry almost as quickly and have enough ammo to keep on killing infantry without needing a reload.

My point is, NC have the best anti-MAX weapons, and TR and VS have the best anti-infantry MAX weapons. The Gorgons do NOT fill this gap for NC's anti-infantry... they have larger magazines but we have better accuracy and damage using slugs... which are far more effective.
    • Up x 1