HIVE resistance buff to kill game. RIP 4ever

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BakaRaymoo, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BakaRaymoo

np.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/4h5xjd/massive_hive_resistance_buff_coming_next_patch/
    • Up x 3
  2. killdead

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  3. HadesR

4. Scr1nRusher

Where is the moderation?
  5. Demigan

Nothing wrong with Autism.

There is something wrong with instantly declaring death and disaster just because something you don't agree with gets an upgrade.

Get over yourself! Actually play the game for once and see for yourself how good it has become!
  6. ColonelChingles

I can't see how the latest change is killing the game when populations are the highest they've been since October of last year...
    • Up x 4
  7. HadesR

8. Cyropaedia

9. HadesR

Doesn't need to be though .. Just needs a local timer like Gen's and something small like 20 - 30seconds .. long enough for nearby defenders to respond, but short enough that an attacking squad can hold off the defenders till it blows ..
  10. _itg

Hehe, you're that scumbag who does nothing but fly around abusing that stupid sky shield exploit, aren't you? Forgive me if I'm not sympathetic.
    • Up x 1
  11. Yessme

same like all big chances, People come online, look, and leav after 3 month :/
    look Server stats. after all chances more People online like normal, it take a time than People will leav again.
    The biggest Pop was, who they realiced Hossin.........and after Hossin?
  12. CNR4806

The amount of times that this game has been killed is astonishing.

Where does DGC keep all their 1UP for PS2?
    • Up x 2
  13. Nody

They play a black revival zombie deck obviously so the keep on cycling...
    • Up x 2
  14. ColonelChingles

Sure this change by itself is not going to save the game. It needs to be followed up with more content and deeper mechanics to keep players interested.

On the other hand though the interest generated means that at least we know the game is heading in the right direction. Not all changes have sparked this much interest.

Based on Sunday's player data, we now have reached May 2015 levels of players. That's almost going back a whole year, which no change in that year has managed to generate.
    • Up x 3
  15. The Rogue Wolf

I believe Wrel has said that the devs were going to be focusing on new content and fixes once the construction system was out the door.
    • Up x 1
  16. Taemien

There's a couple of people irate because they logged in one day to see the masses playing the game differently than they were a week ago. They wanted to do as they always did, join up with a few people and then go take bases.

What they found was platoons and squads running around in ANTs and building things. They didn't want to do this. So they joined another squad. Then another and another.

They couldn't find anyone willing to lead them in the manner they did before. So then they go off and lone wolf. They attack a base. Expecting 2-3 to show up and maybe they could trounce them (in their mind). About 6-12 or more show up and wipe them off the map.

This happens a few more times before they get really ragey at the game and ragequit. First stop after that is the forums. Players like:

BamaRage
    BakaRaymoo

Are ticked off because in their minds, no one wants to play with them anymore. Everyone is having fun with the new system. But they aren't because they're alone and edgey. So now they resort to making these threads in hope to instill doubt into their fellow players and bring them back to the same playstyles that were slowly killing the game.

Screw what we want to play. They want this community to play the way THEY want us to play. They can go F-themselves for all I care. I'm going to play how I want, and play what is fun. Its unfortunately they can't I suppose.. but nothing is stopping them from making their own platoons and squads and outfits that don't participate in building. Course... millenials and personal responsibility go together like oil and water.
    • Up x 3
  17. Scr1nRusher

Those are to stop 4th factioning and friendly fire stuff.
  18. Cyropaedia

There is some assumption here. I know you play Connery. So you know that Baka leads his own squad and not auto join. He was /yelling at our warpgate that "anyone who opposed construction must feel like an idiot" and it didn't sound like sarcasm. So he supports constructions but likely to cause salt. He doesn't want HIVEs to be so difficult to take out that you need a whole platoon of 24-48 or more to hunt them.
  19. Cyropaedia

HIVE resistances buff applies to enemy fire as well. If you note the first section, Burness says the HIVE will be immune to friendly fire. This would make the subsequent sections repugnant. He is not explaining immunity in detail (also other fixes are not explained in detail). He is explaining resistance value changes to enemy fire.
  20. Scr1nRusher

ah...... I know that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.