What comes next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EvilWarLord, Apr 30, 2016.

1. EvilWarLord

Now that the construction system is live what could we possibly expect now? (Of course the construction system will receive various updates for improvements) There are certain things i would like implemented but I'm not gonna hold my breath on them.

we'll have to wait and see.
  2. Hoothers

vanu buffs , obviously
    • Up x 1
  3. OldMaster80

I dare to say it but the game is ready for a new continent.
    • Up x 1
  4. EvilWarLord

There's only 2 that come to mind now that i think about it.
  5. ColonelChingles

Improved logistics I hope. We're finally introducing the concept of scarcity in the game, which opens up tactics and strategy.

Vehicle costs rebalanced.
    Variable vehicle costs implemented.
    Infantry consumable costs rebalanced.
    Infantry costs implemented.

The entire point of a game is to offer restrictions on what an individual can do... we call those rules. Up until now PS2 has been far too generous. I hope that the recent move towards scarcity and restrictions will make the game more meaningful.
  6. Moridin6

more Swag for the ANT
    the "pulse" lights for all other vehics
    AE tools special effects
    SANCTUARY

Man, youre making us look bad, we dont need buffs anymore than other faction have some broke sht of their own needing a buff. Let being underpop mold you into a gdmn ninja purple warrior. try prox mines and emps when the point room get packed, teach them enlightenment with your lumifiber shining proud
  7. Kumaro

Yeah i can imagine possible rebalances to vehicles.
    Possibly an expansion on this whole "steal cores" system AKA more goals and missions beyond capturing points!!! 8D
    Expansion of the construction system.

After that yeah i think we will see another continent along side balances and more optimisation for a while.

And then after about two years or so i think we will see more things like Battleislands and the like. Perhaps even a new system along side continent lock. O__O
  8. The Rogue Wolf

I'd like to see the resource system finished. Heck, let's give all the unfinished stuff the love it deserves.
  9. OldMaster80

Yes this as well. Cortium should have a role in the nanites flow. Something cooler than the 750 nanites pool thar regenerates at a fixed rate.
  10. Taemien

Normally I'd say nope.

But now.. with the populations rising. We kinda need at least one more if the game continues growing.
  11. OldMaster80

Since not all the continents are available all the time, does it really matter? ;)
  12. HadesR

Just replace Nanites with Cortium .. Turn ammo Towers in dual Ammo / silo's .. And now you have a finished resource system ...

The zerg wants to pull 20 MBT's from X base .. Sorry you can't you only have the resources stocked for 5
  13. Raap

They shouldn't lose momentum by focusing on numbers changes or changes that limit player choice such as uninspired generic vehicle limitations.

What brings players back to the game, is content, content, content.

I think a specialization system is long overdue for example (a system where you can opt to specialize into a single class or vehicle and have benefits for doing so). Such a system would also indirectly address the "vehicle spam" concern a number of players always had with this game, by making un-specialized vehicles less powerful - but without players losing the ability to pull whatever they want, whenever they want.
  14. Eternaloptimist

Maybe if they got to the bottom of why Hossin is apparently so unpopular and fixed it they wouldn't need another continent as more pepole might play on it. Poor visibility, poor infantry mobility, aircraft appearing, strafing and disappearing before you can get a bead on them.....those are just my personal beefs. And refreshing the bases on Indar made a big impression on me - maybe the same for some of the others?

Tightening up on some of the things that players abuse might be good for keeping player loyalty- more anti-hacking measures, tougher punishments for TKing etc. (like in spawn rooms with explosives, or repeated violations anywhere).

But other than that, I can't think of anything I'd want in particular. I've been playing for two years now and there is still something new and fun to do, Classes I haven't mastered yet, guns I haven't tried out, tactics I haven't employed............including the new ones to come for dealing with or making best use of constructed bases.

Joking only - how about a red cross armband for medics to cert into that automatically bounties anyone (for free) who kills one while his medic gun is out? What about anchor chains for engineers so they can stop Maxes and tanks running away when you're trying to heal them? and an AA turret for engies? (yup, you guessed it - I main medic and engie).
  15. GriffinTalon

Changing vehicles and other goodies to cortium will never happen as it forces someone who may have absolutely no interest in farming crystals to pull a tank or air and then have it destroyed a few seconds later for whatever reason or if you have limited time to play then you waste half of it getting crystals, as two examples

*The zerg wants to pull 20 MBT's from X base .. Sorry you can't you only have the resources stocked for 5*

This would be abused, only pull 5 tanks? so who pulls the tanks, those 5 randoms or those 5 in your outfit? or those 5 who swap faction to deny you the tanks?

Specialization could work as long as theirs a good method of swapping about and not permanent say something akin to the old PS1 system where when you refunded the certs you had a time limit on when you could do that again?, I have no interest in making 3 vanu characters for a galaxy/mag/lightning.
  16. LaughingDead

I hope to see a water map but rumors spoke of a sort of koltyr like island map where only 2 factions duke it out. Gotta say that would seem pretty awkward for NC verses VS; We worship the vanu, YOU ARE FREE TO DO THAT! We're still going to kick your ***** though.
  17. OldMaster80

Right now we are in the situation where you might want to play with your outfit and... sorry you have to wait in the queue for 30 minutes.
    Would it be that different? In Planetside 1 resources matter. In the original plan it was supposed to be the same for Planetside 2.

The whole idea of the system was not to make tanks zergs impossible. It was to force players to sustain their zergs through a proper resources supply. In your example those players should make sure they can set up things to make a tanks zerg possible. Today all players have to do is to click at the vehicles terminal.
    Changing the current system would open the way to new strategies, even to fight zergs: cutting off their nanites supplies could literally put a huge army on their knees.

Imho it's a direction worth being explored.