Base Building concept needs a re-think

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRLOS, Apr 30, 2016.

1. TRLOS

The current base building idea needs a bit of a re-think.
    I think that you should only be able to build a base in a hex that your faction controls.
    If you don't control the hex, you can't build a base near it.
    It will give people the incentive to go for the capture and fight along the lattice lines instead of just building a base on the other side of the map and dumping your entire faction to defend it.
  2. kingofzero100

I agree that it does suck to have players build useless bases, but I do like the ability to build a base deep behind enemy lines, as it offers me a variety of new tactical options.I can send my platoons out from their to raid Silos, Disrupt enemy movement, and pull some pressure off my faction in the front-line. Give the new update a week or so and im sure the Devs will come out with something to help with random base building
  3. Scr1nRusher

We just need all small bases removed.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kumaro

Indeed the random building is a bit wide spread but i don't mind it to much. Though at times we end up blowing some bases away while playing because they are simply in the way.
    And removing more small bases and perhaps making some capture zones into build areas that we can build bases around to defend instead of prebuilt bases??

Like you have to build a Generator to activate the capture point or something :)
  5. Sulsa

I almost made a post of exactly this, earlier today. I was actually surprised when the update came out that you could build anywhere.
    After playing a few hours today (which I rarely do!) I have changed my mind. Base building is actually not that widespread. It's not like you leave your warpgate and run into little strongholds everywhere. I spend a lot of time behind enemy lines and having the ability to build anywhere just gives the game that much more depth.
    I say keep it as is.
    • Up x 1
  6. Chewy102

I think there should be a map that's just completely barren but for cap points out in the open to have lattice links. Don't even put facilities on it so the entire map is up for players to build.

You'd have to add vehicle spawners, ground and air, to player bases so you didn't have to dive from a WG every time. But Id make them EAT cortium to balance things out. Have the normal 1K+ to make them and have each vehicle take even more cortium to spawn on top of normal costs. Say something that normally costs 250 nanites, still costs that 250 but also takes 500-1,000 cortium as well (2-3 times the normal cost). Flashes, harassers, or ANTs can be pulled easy but an MBT, sunderer, or large aircraft can take 900-1,800 EACH to limit spamming and force logistics to keep bases supplied or pulling from flanks to not drain contested bases.

Could even make the lattice links cortium mining stations in order to give lore reasons for that map to be barren. No point building anything permanent when the cortium is found everywhere and breaks everything down sooner or later.