China servers last 30 minutes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LogHorizon, Apr 30, 2016.

1. OpolE

Thats a good call. Chinese players to hop on Briggs as closest and it could do with an instant boost Im guessing
  2. Renuse

If you come to Connery, you NEED TO GO TO VS.

DO NOT GO TO TR. THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE ON TR.
  3. celeron533

It's a long story.

== Part 1 ==

PS2 was a very popular new MMOFPS game in China. It also received millions of positive feedback at the very beginning in China.
    At that time, PS2 was hosted by SOE, and Chinese government requests any foreign company need to bind with a local partner before start the business in China mainland. SOE does not have China branch (but SONY has), so they found an gaming company/agent called THE9 who hosted World of Craft but finally lost WoW stupidly.
  4. celeron533

== Part 2 ==

As I mentioned, THE9 is a gaming company who has glorious history and was the No.1 online gaming company in China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The9
    • Apr 26 2006, launch WoW Alpha test.
    • Jun 6 2009, WoW servers shut down. (PS. Blizzard gives his licences to new partner: netease.com)
    There was lot of problems during the operations, listed but not all: (I am not a WoW player)
    • Too confident for the $revenue$ of WoW. GOLDEN GOOSE.
    • Then they invest too many stupid projects. Most of the projects died in a very short period. HIT-AND-RUN.
    • The gaming experience in China WoW server is not good. Sometime when you login the game, you need to wait in the queue for at least 1 hour. After you entered the game and start the Instance, fighting the boss, almost there, server crash. Every is kicked out the game and your game progress is rolled back to 1 hour before. BRILLIANT!
    • Blizzard ask/require/order THE9 to upgrade the servers and data center, you know what? THE9 did nothing. So they broke-up. GOOD JOB, THE9.
    I have no idea why SOE made this choice to corporate with THE9...
    So that's the beginning of PS2 nightmare (language DLC: simplified Chinese)