[Suggestion] Buff VS - Nerf TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Ryme_Intrinseca

Performance≠usage. The kph data shows no general tendency for TR overperformance or VS underperformance. I suggest buffing your skill level and nerfing your victim complex.
    • Up x 1
  2. Naaahhhhh

I just can recommend for any VS that wants that vs get buffed to stop playing vs and start join TR. The devs will only buff VS if the difference in the pop gets to big.
    • Up x 1
  3. LodeTria

The ZoE certainly needs something going for it, as right now it's just a self nerf at almost all ranges, and is TERRIBLE at AV work because it adds extreme damage drop beyond 10 meters. No-one is engaging vehicles at that range.

The PPA (not the L-PPA which is a much better weapon) also needs looking at, as right now it has even worse range than the canister and that's a shot-gun. It blooms too hard too fast, and the only time the higher RoF will work for you is when your target is right next to you.

The claymore also needs nerfing, as it is the best anti people mine by far, even when it isn't hitting you through walls. The trip laser need to visible again, as right now they are far far to hard to see.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheMightyGomora

This has to be an example of poe's law.... No way in hell would anyone think the VS would need a buff.
  5. Hoothers

Are the devs so scared of buffing VS?
    Clearly less and les splayers play this faction, because their underpowered arsenal !
    You can see it CLEARLY from the numbers !
    BUFF VS , or make the game TR vs NC , and get rid of VS !
  6. Retief

Infantry weapons: The Orion, pulsar lsw, flare, hv-45, terminus, equinox burst, serpent, vx6-7, solstice burst, and pulsar C are all on par with any other infantry gun in the game. Yes, there are minor power differences, but they are not significant enough to matter.

Land vehicles: The mag is pretty meh at being an mbt. However, it is amazing at being a heavy harasser. The aphelion is arguably the best AV harasser weapon in the game -- it has similar cqb damage output to the Vulcan, and the charge shot gives a lot more versatility.

Honestly, I think vs is underpopped because purple spandex isn't cool. VS was overpopped in the ZOE era, and that pop definitely still continues on some servers, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen vs become overpopped when they weren't massively op.
  7. SpeedFreakPS1

The VS ES max mechanic (zoe) is worthless, the same can't be said about TR and NC maxes.
  8. Towie

If only - on Cobalt the pops were reasonably well balanced (NC usually had a slight population advantage) until September / October last year, when the TR suddenly started getting a lot of attention and additional players - and since then it's actually got worse although it flips between NC and TR as the 'leaders'.

Some might suggest that the increased interest came from the GK but not me. No siree. Well OK - it may have had something to do with it...

(And Cobalt is nowhere as near as bad as some other servers)
  9. Hoothers

bla bla bla
    so our mbt is a herraser, huh? and that is ok, huh?
    our weapon are way worse than nc and tr counterparts....but we have no bullet drop, that does not matter because at the ranges where bullet drop comes into play those weapons, like carabines and ar's dont COUNT
    NO, they are not on par, those weapons have better rof and higher dmg/bullet....our weapons have no bullet drop W T F is this balance?
    BUFF VANU, THERE IS A REASON NOT MANY PLAYERS PLAY ON VANU
    Our max zoe also need redisign, same for our MBT....that was downgraded to a harraser rank lmao
    PATHETIC...WE NEED TO BUFF VANU ASAP, or more and more players will join TR / NC
    Or as i said, delete VANU and keep 2 factions.... clearly dev/s have no ideea how to balance this game, between their BIAS and their fear
  10. Retief

The mag is a great vehicle. As long as you don't get into frontal slugfests with prowlers/vanguards, you can kick a ton of ***. It excels at flanking mbts and hunting down lighter vehicles. Overall, you can take away my heavy harasser over my cold, dead body.

For infantry weapons, VS faction traits suck. No way around it -- we get no bullet drop (useless) and small mags. However, some VS weapons are amazing. The serpent is tied with the gd-7f and the cycler trv for the highest dps in the game, the terminus is arguably the strongest general purpose assault rifle in the game (though some might favor the carnage or the torq), etc. Sure, there are a lot of meh guns as well. So what? The meh guns can still perform if you use them well, and you have truly strong guns available. Overall, if you are losing gunfights, the problem is your aim or your positioning, not your arsenal.
  11. cyb_

And now let's guess which server the OP cheeses, err plays on.

Also: [IMG]
  12. Campagne

The problem with this however, is that defaults are used much more than the other weapons of the same type, and therefore tend to bring some stats down.

[IMG]

As you can see in this example, the Manticore appears to be performing considerably better than the carbon-copy NC default Magshot. The Beamer is the control.
    The NC also often need to burst due to their awful CoF bloom to maintain accuracy.

I think you have vertical and horizontal mixed up. TR also typically have the highest horizontal recoil, not the VS.
  13. Zeeteber

It's not that the VS stuff are bad it just doesn't cover all of the roles the VS have both harassers and mags for flanking and lightnings for artillery/light tanks. The TR has prowlers which are medium tanks with high dos and an extremely long rang secondary, and NC has the only truly heavy tank in the game. (This is just one example) All they need to do is add something to cover some of these roles that each faction doesn't have.
  14. SanPelicano

Da****? why should I use 4x sight on cqc weapons liket torq and carv.. .... Lol m80, you cant B serious....

& you are wrong... The high vertical recoil is Vanu faction trait.
  15. DeadlyOmen

I've got an idea. Give the underpopped side more cert bonus. Then, it is up to them to figure out how to do well on a local level.
  16. Gutseen

*nearly crushed my face with a facepalm*

see dat 5.21 kd? 4x Scopes all the way
    kill'n pplz in over 100 meter range
  17. SanPelicano

So Orion is bad statistically, because of lot of ppl use it as a default..
    Hm... Then:
    Here is BR100 playtime: Orion, MSW-R, Anchor.
    [IMG]

And here is the KPU...
    [IMG]

How can this possible? Orion is still worse than Anchor....

Show me a stat about Orion where its better than the other mentioned CQC LMGs.

Yes. thats true. My bad.
    • Up x 1
  18. SanPelicano

Idont give a **** ur KD, kiddo.... What will happen now?
  19. Bearded Wall

... then he suggested daybreak nerf the striker and I laughed and laughed and laughed.
    • Up x 1
  20. askull

Buff your brain... ;)