[Suggestion] Buff VS - Nerf TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Apr 29, 2016.

1. The Shady Engineer

NC weapons recoil and bloom the hardest (esp the 200 damage ones, which is why for the most part Anchor, Merc and NC1/Carnage are preferred to Gauss SAW, ACX and Reaper) and TR weapons, especially those with the highest rates of fire have abysmal horizontal recoil and thus hard to handle at range. Vanu weapons are easier to handle and in turn easier to chain headshots with.

Do you even play other factions or is this a case of 'X weapon/faction is killing me too much therefore it's OP'?
    • Up x 2
  2. Gundem

Well, that's sort of a myth there about the SAW Vs. Anchor.

I guess for mid-low tier play, that might come into consideration.

But higher level gameplay, the real issue is the HSK potential.

Both 200 and 167 damage model weapons kill in the same number of headshots at max damage range, yet the 167 damage weapons fire significantly faster then 200 damage weapons.

So my 600RPM Anchor takes 3 shots, and my 500RPM Gauss SAW also takes 3 headshots. But the Gauss SAW punishes bodyshots more.

It's also the reason the Cyclone is one of the best, if not the best pure CQC gun in the game. Capable of getting that sweet, succulent 3 headshot kill, but it has the highest RoF of the 167 damage model at a whopping 652 RPM. Of course, it can only get that up to an impressive 15 meters exactly with SPA, as about .2 meters farther then it's max damage range your total damage after 3 shots drops down to about 999 and you have to take 4, but still the fastest non-OHK Infantry TTK in the game currently.
  3. PasitheeVS

About the Gauß Saw: The real problem I see is that it kills with 3 headshots on ANY range, just like the Battle Rifles do, just with 50% faster automatic fire. This goes for "normal" infantry, Infiltrators and HAs are "special" cases...

With the right settings, the Gauß Saw is a Headshot-Monster on range.

In CQC I really love my golden Cyclone. It's so damn OP, 3 fast-fired Headshots and an enemy is dead.
    Not to mention that it handles like a Pulsar-C on mid-range.

And the Auraxium version, The "Tempest". Damn, I would love to use on Live...

btw. I hate the Anchor, because of the recoil pattern, but the EM6 is like a fast-firing Sniper Rifle.
  4. Gundem

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love my SAW, and I even use it for CQC. I also love how strong it is at range. But like you said, there are simply far better options for CQC.
  5. The Shady Engineer

Good point. I do however think the ability to better ADAD with an Anchor without sacrificing ADS cof and lower bloom is a legitimate reason for picking it over the SAW and not a myth.
  6. Arkserion

Why not get rid of everything empire specific? That way everything will be balanced with ns.
  7. thebigbortishbort

highrof but the barnies have the highest RPM carbine outside of the lynx ( glorified smg) , buffing ppa bahah

anyways , i hope this somehow flips around on its *** and nerfs vanu.
  8. Hoothers

u wish, the only logical step to come is vanu buff , or game will die
  9. The Rogue Wolf

I remember when Vanu was swarming Emerald and a lot of people with purple avatars were telling me how it was just because the VS had better leadership and anyone playing the other two empires just needed to get good. Now the worm has turned and the shoe is on the other foot.

I have zero time and less respect for faction loyalists who think that their side is all that matters.
    • Up x 4
  10. Eternaloptimist

Uhmm, no. This leads to the simple conclusion that TR is more popular. The reason why it is more popular is not demonstrated.

I play all factions and I find that they all have strengths and weaknesses. But at the same time, I find that all factions can equip infantry weapons and gear with similar stats if that is what a player wants. For example, I prefer high RoF carbines and all my faction avatars have one.

Not sure if these stats are specific to one server but on EU servers I see population dominance by all factions from time to time.

Can'r comment about tanks or airplanes as I only play infantry. But I see mostly NS vehicles (maybe they're cheaper?) and shed loads of Maggys in particular. Perhaps I notice them more because I'm a squishy infantryman and the Lightnings, Harassers etc are the ones most likely to go after me.
  11. Zvezdan

VS and TR LMGs both max out at the same firerate, 750. While the TR might have Carv and MSW-R compared to just the VS Orion, they're still equal firerate regardless.

TR win in the AR category, with the Cycler TRV topping out at 845 rpm, but the H-V45 is more controllable than the TRV, and also has .75 ADS over it. Additionally, the Terminus (the closest thing the VS have to a Cycler equivalent) clocks out at more rpm than the cycler, and is also one of the best, if not the best AR in the game.

Carbines go to TR as well, but something should be kept in mind: while the lynx fires at 909 rpm, it's a whole damage tier lower, shooting at only 125 damage at the maximum. The VS serpent fires at 143 maximum while firing at a blazing fast 845 rpm, making it deal more dps at close range than the lynx anyway.

TR win in SMG category, but at the same time while they get the lightning-fast armistice, they also have to put up with the ludicrously underwhelming hailstorm. Shotguns are completely equal.

TR firerate advantage is severely overestimated.
  12. lokear

Buff NC - Nerf TR

Prowler is bug, is beast tank form Three factions 1 rank Rate of fire = Other factions MAX RANK. 1 rank= Travel speed Other factions MAX RANK.

prowler+gatekeeper= Seckill

this update gatekeeper is not Nerf,This means that developers only care of TR Gaming experience
  13. Braneman

OK so some things about VS that definitely need fixing:
    Anything that has a "faction trait" to it, you know what I'm talking about the phaseshift, Spiker charge up, ZOE etc. I'm not saying they need a buff, what they need is a gimmick that's useful, y'know not just a gimmick. Honestly that may be a buff, or it could be a redesign. I think it would be kinda cool if the spiker just did really weird crap like have a UI indication as to when its fully charged like the Phaseshift does.

VS AR's other than one or two(the H-V45 being one of them its fine where its at) are crap they need a small buff in some way to get them on the right track.

VS pistols are ****. Generally ES pistols are **** I know but clicking seven times a second isn't fun, at all.

What needs to be nerfed about the TR:
    Honestly very little. I would bring the magazine size on the gatekeeper down(definitely no more than 10 shots though, going below 20 rounds in a clip wouldn't make a whole lotta sense) and marginally nerf it's reload speed, The main thing I would do though is bring in the size of its AOE effect down from 3 meters to 1 but keep the inside radius the same.

I'm honestly trying to think up something else, but I'm having a hard time here.... Maybe the animations for the TR MAX suits could be redone so it has more weight to it?
  14. Stigma

You can sum it up far easier - the reason ROF is good on weapons is because it usually means higher DPS. (claiming otherwise is an reductio ad absurdum as you can't claim that higher dmg/bullet AND lower dmg/bullet are both OP at the same time and scope).

It sums up like this:
    Assault rifles +1 advantage TR (TRV)
    Carbines +1 advantage VS/NC (Serpent/GD7-F)
    SMGs, it's complicated. Technically TR wins this by a margin of like 0,5% on the DPS side, but that's hard to count as a win when the NC cyclone is miles better than both the VS and TR options. Really this category is +1NC by any reasonable measure.

So in terms of serious weapons TR has a 0 weapon lead, or a 0,5% lead on one of them if you want to argue the armistice. There is effectively no difference between TR and VS in ROF. NC are the only odd ones out in the ROF department. Screaming TR is OP because of a ROF advantage is just a display of ignorance.

I guess I left out the MCG, but that's essentially a joke weapon. It can theoretically outDPS a 750RPM LMG at knife-range the same way that the lasher is the highest DPS weapon in the game if you just stack 10 enemies on top of eachother before you fire. Neither of these arguments are very convincing, and so I don't consider them.

-Stigma
  15. ArcKnight

NC = high damage and low RoF, and shield for MBT
    TR = high RoF but low damage, and RoF boost for MBT
    VS = no bullet drop for small arms and nitro boost for MBT

the VS got the short end of the stick here, they need something else added to em like a slight projectile velocity increase and lower reload speed
    maybe give them an ES mechanic for their gear
  16. SanPelicano

Orion is highly overestimated by plebs, who know **** about tihs game. As a CQC lmg, Orion is overwhelmed by other factions CQC lmgs like MSW-R and Anchor. In fact, statistically they were better in every way then the prenerf 0,75* ADS Orion.

[IMG]

Well, vanu weapons have high first shot multiplers. Corvus has the highest FSM in the game as i know.
    This means, Vanu medics have to land the first shot on the chest and then imadiatelly compensate after the second shot. If im bursting I think its much harder, then pull the trigger and compensate like with TR or NC weapons IMO.

Not to mention, NC and TR weapons have low veritcal recoil and vanu has highest in general. You know that is the random left-right kicking when firing, which you cant compensate with skill.
    If you learn how to control the horizontal recoil,than NC weapons will be beasts in your hand, especially the 200 damage ones.
  17. Gutseen

da****? try'n hold a TorQ or Carv with a 4x sight ontarget fullauto

NC has the highest vertical and the lowest horizontal
    TR has a high horizontal and a mid vertical
    VS stands it the middle with modest horizontal recoil and soft vertical patterns

***ing n00bz with no skill packing <50$ mices dont count with their invalid opinions
  18. Chickenboy

It is as I predicted, the tides again are turning, soon the map will run red again.

Seriously though, the balance is fine, it is just pop issues. The funny thing with pop issues is that they are NEVER constant. When I started playing, TR were OP (because they had higher pop, and this was during the ZOE glory days), then the pop switched to VS and the VS became OP. Unfortunately it would seem that rather than the NC getting a turn at being OP it is going back to the TR, sorry guys.
  19. BurntMyWater

See, the NC control their population by TKing, so there's never an NC overpop.

(I know NC statistically TK less. It's a joke)
  20. TeknoBug

The Saron is still a great weapon but very unforgiving if you can't aim for zhit, the Gatekeeper will let you hit just about anything in the general direciton and at a ridiculous rate too. Gatekeeper Harassers bothers me a lot, if I see one coming my way I'm leaving.