How about a construction free continent?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Costa200, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Costa200

Seriously, i hate the bloody thing and at the moment i'm thinking about leaving the game. Could we perhaps have a construction free continent? Make it Hossin maybe. Just make up some ******** backstory to it (the flora disrupts the nanites of non permanent structures or whatever) and allow people who dislike the new minecraft system to keep playing the game they like to play instead of the game you decided we should play. This would probably mean this continent could not be locked, but at the moment i'm willing to forgo that.

This would leave the other continents for minecraft turtlers (may they be forever happy with it) and would at least retain some players that will stop playing otherwise. Can someone actually point out a downside to this?
    • Up x 7
  2. Scr1nRusher

You need to calm the hell down.
    • Up x 5
  3. Dirge

Relax. Let the meta settle.
    • Up x 3
  4. DeadAlive99

Things are going to settle in over time and with tweaks plus pop increase ( a lot of people love construction hybrid games), so I really wouldn't stress just yet. Plus, honestly, factions still desperately need territory cappers. Remember, the more territory you own, the closer you can get Hives to the warpgates, and generate VP faster.

Having said that, I would have no problem with a construction free continent, but don't take Hossin! Hossin is meshing with construction very, very nicely imo, and actually has real action now! Use Esamir instead for that!
    • Up x 1
  5. Armcross

I will keep building walls and somebody gonna pay for it.
  6. FateJH

Low per-continent populations.
    • Up x 4
  7. sebastian oscar post

What a ******!
  8. BamaRage

I am with you all the way, ****** up a good game as far as I can tell.
    • Up x 4
  9. BamaRage

Everyone keeps saying that...................
    • Up x 2
  10. Chubzdoomer

It's funny how people are overreacting a whopping ONE day after the huge Construction update was released...
  11. BamaRage

I dont know how much of its overreacting, I dont like the construction bs. I find if I am to run with a platoon then I end up having to play some bob the builder which I hate. So I run lone wolf but its not my preference. The game has changed in a way I would never have signed up for. Yet I am heavily vested and now dont like what its become. The meta can settle but that still does not make it the same game I spent time and money on. The game has still fundamentally changed.
    • Up x 3
  12. Taemien

More dumb players.

You can cap bases like you normally do. Go do it and stop the whining.

Or just F-ing quit. Seriously I'd rather you all gone.
  13. EPIC389

Flame war incoming
    Someone get the popcorn

But honestly, I do think the construction system really changed the game for the better. It destroyed that zerg mentality and honestly imo its fun to defend a constructed base
    • Up x 2
  14. MasonSTL

Did I miss something? Can we not capture bases like we always have anymore?
  15. Kalashar

They can't do that or nobody would play on the other continents. They need to roll back.
    • Up x 1
  16. Kalashar

No he doesn't. It's a valid suggestion. But if they implemented it, they'd be forced to deal with
    the fact that nobody likes their construction system. As all the fights migrated to the non-BS
    server, the construction minecraft junkies would come find the fight after they played with their ants
    for awhile.
    • Up x 2
  17. Kalashar

Don't worry. The people who liked fights at normal bases will all be gone soon enough. Then you
    can sit around and play by yourself.
    • Up x 2
  18. Kalashar

I'm totally fine with that. Make Hossin and Esamir construction zones and Indar and 'Merisha old school.
  19. Kalashar

And make it so you HAVE to spawn into an active continent. Make spawning into VR impossible.
  20. Kalashar

...and far fewer populated fights.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.