A2A lock ons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirPilot, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Saturax

Seriosly i have feeling you and many other players play some diferent ps2 then i... tomcat lock on 400m with max upgrade +20% = 480m ( in reality its 450, becose some one dont know how much is 20% from 400 ) you can short distance on 400m with after burner under 1s without afterburner under 2s + dont forget A2A pilot can not keep distance, becouse he have to aim on you to lock.( if you using steal 5 lock take over 3s ) Lock on short range is not possible, so.... A2A pilots can fly max 450m from target to lock... and will never shoot second rocket if you focus him on short distance like all good pilots do...

Can you guys go play ps2 and try tomcat A2A before next coments ? I did...
  2. Slandebande

I think part of the issue is that there are a lot of people using A2A-locks that simply AREN'T interested in learning how to fly/duel in the skies, period. They do want means to defend themselves though of course, which is understandable. And then comes the Skyknights, whose response to most arguments about the lack of hard-counters for air (or other similar discussions) is to simply pull your own air and kill them (which, in itself, is terrible balancing in my opinion, but that is unrelated here). However, you won't even kill even a decent pilot without having spent many many hours getting into the (weird/boring depending on how you look at it) flight mechanics, meaning they won't be able to fight back against those very people, even using the counter they suggested.

In comes A2A-locks that will alleviate some (but not all) of the skill disparity, and allow them to (at least in groups) take on the more experienced pilots and expect to be able to contribute.

I'm not against the system you proposed which would slowly encourage new pilots to try out the new weapons (starting with the noseguns), but I have serious doubts the devs are going to make such a drastic change at this point in time. The new-player experience has always been terrible, and I fear it is soon going to be too late to do anything about it.
  3. Scr1nRusher

10/10 troll bait.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pirbi

The only argument for them is that the make the playing field equal for noobs. My argument is that they don't. And you detailed why. Yet on servers with more than three pilots, they ruin the air game because the winner of a dogfight is too often decided by who gets a lock on user sidling up and kneecapping them. They don't even appear on the mini while locking. Only after firing.
  5. Saturax

You dont read other people coment and what is worse you dont remember what did you write one page back.
    How i see it you are just beginer who will die anyway becouse you get in 1 v 3 situations... so only good question is why did u get in 1 v 3 fight and not enemy weapons... but good you can blame it on tomcat 2A2 rockets...
    (( im sure 1 v 3 with normal weapons you will win 1v3 100% time...:rolleyes: ))

I did write before all you need to know about tomcat 2A2 rockets and how useless weapon is it... with same logic dont forget REMOVE/BAN all lock on HA weapons, becose HA can shoot from side of valkyrie and rocket launchers lock faster and make more dmg... +you can lock 2 rocket launchers at same time ( end of world in your case... )
  6. Scr1nRusher

Everyone is being troll baited.
    • Up x 1
  7. DrakeFang

1. Get bent. Don't post something on a public forum and then throw a hisdy when the public responds. You're not in the Skyknight community, you're in the Planetside community. Deal with it.

2. A2A is fine. Quit whining. They have a specific purpose, just like Rofl Pods or Hornets. If anything, the Rofl Pods and Hornets are better because of their versatility. I've met a couple pilots who were good enough to land a Hornet shot in dogfights, and it isn't uncommon to see Libbies or Galaxies eat some Rofl Pods.
    • Up x 3
  8. Seagulkawkaw

You can't have it both ways lol, you can't argue that Skyknights just want noseguns and then say they want to remove A2Ascrublocks so they can farm ground. Lets be real, A2A locks don't prevent ground farming, they just enable bad players to auto aim in an fps game and poop on the air skill ceiling when used in groups. All that said they've been around forever and probably not going anywhere, so learn to let live I guess.
  9. LodeTria

The range upgrade is not upgraded in %'s, it is upgraded in meters which is why it is 50 meters for 5 ranks.
    The reduced lock-on time is the one that upgrades in %'s, with a max of 20% reduction at max rank.
  10. Saturax

Thank you, i didnt notice it :D
  11. Pirbi

So you like to crutch on locks. Good for you. But many others prefer to get into dogfights that are more involved than which side gets the easy mode sidler to kneecap them. I don't even like it when my opponent is hit by an A2A lock. Even if they can take on a swarm of nose gunners. Ground locks aren't an issue because you get some say over their ability to engage and can even outrun them. But if you don't understand what I'm saying it's because you simply don't want to. You essentially made my argument for me. That locks don't help noobs dogfight experienced pilots. In fact it just alerts them. Yet In the way locks are used effectively, they just dumb down the air game and make it lame for both sides.
  12. AxiomInsanity87

I trollbate when the missus ain't about.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Pribi stop going full NC, you never go full NC.
  14. Pirbi

You don't even fly. Gadfly doesn't count.
  15. Scr1nRusher

I do fly actually.

But thankfully not into trees or into PHX fire.
    • Up x 1
  16. JOYSTICK SUPPORT

I had a guy on ceres trying to kill me with a2a lockons but 3 times i killed him with my PPA scythe with afterburners i felt bad LOL.
    • Up x 2
  17. Jawarisin

"That's the idea"
    But the reality goes more like this:

They lower the skill for the new player to get a kill.. but it's still the most optimal method of getting kills. In high-skill combat A2A missiles are completely broken because their mechanics makes them unbeatable and there is no way to deal with it.
    That's the fact.
  18. Demigan

Yes, now you are getting it! So rather than removing them you can change them, this keeps the noob-tube idea alive but stops pro players using it.
    Also since other people mentioned it, the current A2A locks don't really teach you something of the game's flight mechanics. So the A2A locks need to be changed so that those mechanics benefit the player. The problem here of course is that the beneficial flight mechanics are basically "RM/Hover fight or go home", and most of the flight mechanics you expect to work when flying screw you over rather than give you an advantage. So while A2A missiles could be changed, the flight mechanics need a change as well. With an increase of viable maneuvers in the air it would become easier to dodge an A2A lock, already reducing the usefulness of A2A locks and increasing the advantages of non-A2A weapons, creating that gameplay where pro players are more likely to use something other than A2A missiles.
  19. breeje

I fly with tomcats at 600 to 800 meters in the air to drop on other airplanes and never got locked on at this hight
    Only when I fly low to farm Infantry
  20. uireithriehte

90% of the community hate skyknights, why would you keep something in the game that is detrimental to the casual gamers experience and new players wanting to fly?

To be more precise the community hate aces, but the average skyknights are hardcore wannabe tryhards that suck up to the aces by harrassing A2A lockons users in general (be it by teamkilling or sending tells about how much you suck and you will never git gud).

The only problem with air is that it is so unforgiving!!! So the unbalance (in skill or ESF upgrades) is so much more evident and punishing for beginners and casual players.

Another solution could be to give players the option to not die so fast or give them a means of escape at least to they can keep their ESF up.

How about raising the ESF health so that you don´t die so fast too?

oh and btw .... NERF THE DALTON !!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1