A2A lock ons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirPilot, Apr 25, 2016.

1. AirPilot

90% of the flying community hates lock ons, why would you keep an item like this in the game or not nerf it?
  2. Demigan

Because the flying community is full of toxic people that say every ground player deserves to die if they don't get airborne but once a newby weapon is used to even the odds they suddenly get all teary eyed.

Now I am not saying that A2A lock ons are perfect, but removing it is not a good thing.

I'll leave this here, please learn from it on balance:
    • Up x 11
  3. AirPilot

Why is removing it not a good thing, where is your argument?
  4. BurntMyWater

The skyknight community also hates skyguards and burster maxes. Should we remove those too? Those things are dedicated anti-air weapons. Leave them alone.
    • Up x 4
  5. RainbowDash9

90% of the non flying community loves lock-ons :eek:

(yes theyre annoying and probably the sole reason why i dont fly much but still, theyre needed)
    • Up x 1
  6. Pirbi

It's all fine and dandy to have a noob weapon to get new players into the air. The problem is that experienced pilots can use them too. So then you have gank squads of experienced/semi-experienced pilots with auto kneecap keeping the noobs out of the air again. Defeating the purpose.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ryme_Intrinseca

90% of the non-flying community hates lolpods, why would you keep an item like this in the game or not nerf it?
    • Up x 7
  8. JobiWan

OP please state your source that 90% of the flying community hate lock-ons. Or did you just make that up?

I can't quote any stats but speaking from experience I hate A2G farmers, they add practically nothing to the game.
    • Up x 3
  9. Towie

...but lolpods are rarely used, I mean, Skyknights swear blind that air vs air is their sole interest ;) (yeah right)
    • Up x 6
  10. AirPilot

A2A lock ons are none of the ground units buisness it doesn't effect them at all, A2A is for pilots to shoot each other that is why I'm not argueing to remove ground lock ons, the ground units like them and can use them but A2A locks ons they don't have any contact with so why have an opinion on it. When someone is Air to Air it's for the air community to discuss not outsiders much like if there was talk of nerfing the skep, a ground lock on launcher I wouldn't have an imput becuase it's none of my buissness if I just pkay A2A
  11. oTec

Make that 100.
    • Up x 4
  12. Demigan

If you saw the video, you would have known.

The A2A missiles are the equivalent of the noob tube. They lower the skill for the new player to get a kill... but it's far from the most optimal method of getting kills. In high-skill combat A2A missiles won't be used much because the pro pilots have adapted and found better and stronger ways to deal with it.
    Or that's the idea.

So rather than removing the only thing that new players have left to get into the air game in the first place, which would turn the air game into an even greater and more detrimental elitist game than it already is, it needs to be adapted.

Just look to the video to see what happens if you don't have such weapons available. The video underlines that not doing so will make the game devoid of players.
    Oh and BTW, what do we already see in the air game? How many new players keep trying to fly after they mastered the controls? Not a lot? Practically none? That's a massive indication that something is wrong with the air game's noob tube. It only teaches a small portion of the game's A2A combat, and mostly a portion that you need to forget since A2A combat only rewards the RM+hover playstyle, so it's not rewarding in the long run.

So again: Removing is the worst option here, adaptation is key, not to mention making sure there's a mighty need for more maneuvers that can rival RM and hover combat to liven up the game and make sure players can be masters of different types of combat rather than the singular one we have now.
    • Up x 2
  13. Demigan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    See? There's people who get it!
  14. AirPilot

New players won't improve from useing A2A lock ons, they will simply pick up bad habbits and become lazy.

The best way to learn to fly/dogfight is to play in game, take breaks and organise duels. ( Also have the correct settings in game ).

(Yes if you go A2G you will need to know how to go A2A becuase your farm will be very short lived otherwise).
  15. CNR4806

Improvement to skill isn't necessary when they can get a kill efficiency that they find acceptable.

Yes, lockons are a dead-end path to improving flight skills, but if people are trying to improve they wouldn't be using them. They're willingly sacrificing their potential in flying just so they don't have to frustratingly "train" (read: play right into Skyknights' games and get rekt) for hundreds of hours.

You still have a very notable edge over them when it's an 1-vs-1 situation. All lockons do is to limit your 1-vs-infinity potential against amateur pilots who didn't dump 1000+ hours into dying over and over again.
  16. Scr1nRusher

Are you sure about that MR neckbeard **** bucket skynight?
  17. Scr1nRusher

Are you clinically stupid?

NO EVERYTHING SHOULD BE ABOUT THIS STUPID HONORUBUUUUU SKYNIGTUUU ONLY NOSEGUN CODUUUUUU.

Want to know what hurts new players getting into the airgame?

SKYNIGHTS THEMSELVES.
    • Up x 2
  18. Scr1nRusher

Guys./......................... guys.............

We are being trolled.

Look at the name of the guy & what he is saying.
  19. Scr1nRusher

A2A is designed to kill aircraft.

So A2G aircraft stop killing EVERYTHING ON THE GROUND AND THEN FLY AWAY.
  20. LodeTria

Can you like, reply in 1 post instead of 4.
    • Up x 2