Rubber bullets.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALLERGY, Apr 24, 2016.

1. ALLERGY

Now, i started playing this game in jan 2014, i struggled to play as a new low rank, im a veteran fps player with a lot of years experience, but when playing this game its totally different.
    I quit playing 6 months later, kept dying..The second i spawned and moved outside i died and never got kills, now i decided that it must have been my:
    Amd athlon x II quad core 3.4mhz
    GTX460 1gb gfx card
    8gb ram
    Was not good enough to play the game, so.....now in 2016 i now have a super gaming computer.
    OH and i still die, as soon as i leave spawn or pop my head from behind a rock, im sniped, always 1 hit always killed.
    So i tried different tactics, like running away from the fight, only to be killed by another sniper.
    Now i dont mind dying a lot or at least i can make 1 kill, but for some reason none of my bullets(sniper) kill one hit, im using mainly the NC14 and mostly mid range(no bullet drop), i still have to hit 2 times, but by the time i reload im dead, the player has an ASR/SMG/LMG at mid range and killed me instantly.
    My normal LMG/SMG/ASR also have very similar effect, i can see the crosshair go red when a bullets hit, it can be upwards of 15+ bullets to kill a single soldier, now i allow for some bullets missing of course, but the bullets do seem to be RUBBER.
    I die from low amount of bullets at very long ranges, and i die from 1 shot of a sniper that is almost halfway across the map.
    You may think i exaggerate a little, but far from it...Im running the game on the highest setting and my GPU's/CPU barely gets warm.

So as a low rank player, its very difficult to be able to play the game, even more so when 80% of the players are seasoned planetside 2 pro's, they know all the weapons, tactics,ranges, tips,tricks and most also have the best weapons available.
    Again, i have heard many times that the LOW ranks have decent guns(youtube pro's/forum's/ingame) but im yet to have one, im currently collecting certs to buy a decent weapon, but its taking a long time due to the fact i keep dying, you cant get certs when your dead.
    I was told i could PAY for stuff to get it quicker...but then that becomes pay to win by default. i dont pay to win.

I just want to be able to kill people as easily as they kill me, in a fair manner with bullets not made of RUBBER.
  2. ALLERGY

But why, everyone in game say's there are NO cheaters..I have seen bullets come from invisible locations(sniper still cloaked) and i have had players knife me in the back when im standing in front of a mountain(teleporters). But i thought there was a hack detection system? Then why is it not doing its job?

Friends of mine want to play here also, i have told them NO, simply because its unplayable...If i cant kill they will most definitely not either, so its lose lose.

But you say, the game is plagued with hackers...why is nobody doing anything?
  3. _itg

It might be hard to accept the fact that you're dying entirely because other players are just better than you, not because of better gear, but that really is what's happening. It's not that you're stupid or untalented, just that they have potentially thousands of hours of experience in this game, to say nothing of possible experience in other shooters.

The NC-14 bolt driver is a great weapon. You just need to land headshots to get that OHK. As a sniper get in the habit of doing this: aim while cloaked - > uncloak and fire -> sidestep and recloak. That will make it very hard for anyone else to kill you unless they get very close.

In general, if you want to stay alive, you need to keep moving. Stand still and you're begging to get sniped or hit with a tank round.

If you want something easier to do that's still effective, try to find an experienced player's vehicle to gun for. If you know someone, great. If not, try to find a random tank and jump in. Here are are some tips to be more effective and look like less of a noob (so the tanker is less likely to kick you out):

--Be an engineer. Drivers usually want their gunner to be able to help with the repairs.
    --In general, look where the driver is looking. If he engages a target, he's counting on you for support.
    --Hold your fire until either the driver starts shooting or there's a threatening nearby target. As a tanker, I hate when some guy gets in and starts spraying rounds at random or shooting at some aircraft 500m away. If you do this, you're not only wasting limited ammo, but you're giving away the tank's position to all enemies in the area.
    --Know what the guns do, and use them only against the right targets. For instance, the Kobalt can't damage tanks, sunderers, or heavy aircraft, and shooting them with it not only makes you look stupid, but it alerts the enemy to your presence. If you're not sure, ask the driver! They'll probably be glad you asked rather than just start shooting everything.
    --If they have the Basilisk equipped, they're probably just as new as you are. The gun got buffed recently, but it still has a stigma from when it was one of the worst guns in the game relative to its alternatives. On one hand, newbie tankers are more likely to make mistakes, but on the other, they're more likely to welcome your help.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pirbi

Walk without rhythm and you won't attract the sniper.
    • Up x 1
  5. FateJH

It doesn't matter how much money you throw at the game itself. it doesn't matter what you buy, what you wear, or how high your membership level - if you're poor at shooting, you'll remain poor at shooting, unless you practice the core skills and mechanics required by the game. As far as learning "how," my best suggestion is to be mindful of what allies are doing and ask questions.

Also, watch Wrel videos on YouTube.
    Don't categorize us as that naive.
    That's not necessarily demonstration of teleporters or people abusing invisibility. (And being up against a wall will not save you from being stabbed in the back if your knifer knows what he's doing.) Here's a thought to frame for you how the game works: what you see on your screen happened a few milliseconds ago on someone else's screen which means, by necessity, if you only take problems as you see them coming, you are reacting, and are already at a few millisecond disadvantage. Some players who are really good can still get out of a crisis produced from having to react but don't expect to be able to do it easily. As part of your progress from being a novice to being a good player, you need to learn how to shift from a reactive to a proactive gameplay. You need to learn how to manipulate your enemy to react to something you did a few milliseconds ago.
    • Up x 1
  6. EPIC389

New Player experience was always terrible in PS2

After a completely outdated tutorial, they are immediately thrown into the deep end and told to play against BR100+

There are plenty of people more than willing to help newer players

I suggest Wrel's videos on youtube. He's probably the most well known community contributor

In game, I suggest you play a support role until you learn a bit more about this games mechanics. Either medic or Engineer. Its an easy way to earn certs(in game currency) and most people will thank you for it

Lastly, the people who seem to kill you in a few hits are headshotting you. Headshots are extremely powerful in this game.

Snipers can one hit you with a headshot from a bolt-action and most other weapons do double damage with headshots.

As a side note: VPsyke, can you pls god damn stop complaining about hackers and cheaters in this game. They are rarer than you think and you aren't even contributing to discussion. That's the whole point of the forums. I mean is it not possible for you to understand this page?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.752/
    • Up x 1
  7. Crayv

The redeploy system while an effort to help new players "find fights" all it does is throw them into a base that is under pop'd (like 40% vs 60%) and be repeatedly killed the moment they leave the spawn room. They are then told to go somewhere else so they use redeploy and get sent to the exact same situation in another base.

The redeploy system only helps zergfits.
  8. Pirbi

What they could do is let BR<15 with <100 directive score (to reduce alts exploiting) spawn more like the old way. Remove the 1000m restriction and open more bases for them to spawn into.

Now the rubber bullet thing, I think that's a server issue. I've experienced that and restarted the client or just played through it. But that's annoying. The one catch though is that you should shadow play or otherwise record those instances and make sure you are landing all your shots. Sometimes you feel like you are but on replay you might see that you are missing too much.
  9. DownloadByte

You need to develop a stronger mindset. Planetside 2 is not your typical FPS, so you shouldn't jump into it with similar expectations. TTKs are longer and the sheer scale of firefights make death a constant inevitability. It's brutal to new players, so knowing how to overcome these hurdles is key.

You must accept the fact that, as a new player, you're going to die. A lot. Most of the time you're going to die when you least expect it. That's okay. In a few seconds you're going to respawn anyway. Take those few seconds to internalize the situation that just transpired and learn from it. You can't (and won't) be able to avoid all of the potential threats that linger on the battlefield. However, you can take steps to lower the frequency at which they occur.

Spend time in the VR room to figure out what weapons you're comfortable with and how they work. Experiment. Each weapon is different and works best at different ranges. Test some out and find one that fits. No weapon is inherently stronger than another. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

Lastly, be knowledgeable. The more you understand this game, the more you will be rewarded. There are datasheets and sites like planethead.info that have tons of information like weapon statistics and gameplay concepts that will help make the transition easier. Make an effort to learn from your mistakes instead of hiding behind excuses and I promise you will enjoy this game much, much more.

Good luck.
  10. user101

So you got a super computer and a $40.00 router... that lags... did your turn off the DoS in the router - Did your turn off the logging in the router. Did you turn off the firewall in the router. Yes all of this can cause major lag in PS2. 100ms or more in a low cost routers. If you don't have some 2 core super fast router, PS2 can lag a lot. A hole lot. Makes game play very bad

It's not just PC hardware it is what is connected to it too. Fast monitors also help... 2ms ..

You need to run 100ms or less - if your at 200ms your way to slow for good play on PS2.

Your still going to die just not as much.
  11. Eternaloptimist

I understand your frustration and I sympathise, hence a lengthy response which I hope you will see as attempting to help and not to be patronising. Unless there is something fundamentally wrong with your download of the game or your connection this must be something to do with your tactics.
    Let's briefly mention clientside hit detection - it takes someone else as many shots to kill you as it takes to kill them with the same weapon. But your client may not recognise all of the shots hitting you until you are already dead. This happens to a lot of us.On the other hand, you see all your bullets landing even if the other guy doesn't feel them all. Oh, and when using auto weapons, the hit markers say you are hitting but not necessarily with all bullets being fired. Auto weapons are notoriously inaccurate in sustained fire. Short bursts generally do better at the cone of fire resets. And SMGs in particular have limited range before thier damage drops off.
    OK, moving on.
    • Situational awareness is important. Do you cloak before leaving the spawn room? Do you move out of a doorway facing away from where the shooting is incoming? Infiltrators have the lowest health in the game (actually, do you have maxed nano armour)? Do you look around for likely spots where enemy infiltrators can be found (where would you position yourself if you were them)?
    • Do you adjust for bullet drop? are you shooting at ranges where this is necessary? The Bolt Driver is a good weapon and will OHK on headshots quite easily. But aiming directly at the head from long range will often mean hitting low and not getting the OHK. You can experiment with using the mil dots on your sight to adjust for range in the VR training room.
    • Getting counter sniped - do you cloak, find target, deloak, shoot, cloak then move? Everyone is on the lookout for snipers and you have to be real quick to acquire and fire before bugging out. And while on that subject, Do you avoid being silhouetted against a skyline when you decloak? Do you move after cloaking? I have countersniped many infils who cloaked after shooting (and being seen) but didn't move immediately.
    • Being detected on the minimap is an issue to watch out for. recon darts, motion spotters and vehicle radar (if equipped) will all reveal a sniper who is moving at any speed above a crouch walk while fully cloaked. And don't rely entirely on the cloak in line of sight. It makes you much harder to see but not invisible. As a stalker or an LA I have often followed the tiny blur of a moving infil until he stops and then....blammo.
    • What magnification sight do you use? I only snipe at long range and use a 12x myself. Apart from anything else it forces you to be quick because otherwise scope sway kicks in. I've never used lower than 6x myself although the medium range rifles come with a maximum 4x sight.
    When you've got the hang of the Bolt Driver, the Longshot is the only other long range NC sniper rifle I'd recommend.
  12. customer548

Short-mid range sniping is one of the most difficult tasks in this game. If you think you're not good enough at it, try a scout rifle, or go to a smg. You'll have more fun, then you'll be able to swap back to a sniper rifle sometimes.

- You need a gamer mouse for a good tracking.
    - You need to be fast : shoot for the heads only. Do not fire if you're not sure to hit, or be ready to escape.
    - Always have a plan to escape.
    - Move a lot. Always. Move...Like Move a lot very much moving you need to. :eek:
    - Never stand still in the middle of nowhere. Cover when you can.
    - Use shortcuts for pistol (close combat) and Medikits.
  13. ALLERGY

My router is a superhub 1gb lan 126mbps speed(currently)..waiting for Vivid 200mbps
    Firewall is OFF
    IP flood detection is OFF
    Port scan detection is OFF
    Monitor AOC G2460VQ6 24" gaming monitor 1ms response 75Hz
    Mouse: Roccat kone XTD 8200dpi
    Keyboard: Element gaming beryllium mechanical kailh red switch keyboard.
    Server connection is very good in the EU.

The game appears to run as smooth as silk, the appearance of lag is not there, yes i know others may lag.

I have read tutorials, watched video's asked people in game...The most video tutorials show how to shoot weapons, thats great if you own the weapons they are showing you, most of them are not accessible for newbies.
    For example the NC14 sniper, it can kill if you are shooting a close target(not that it happens to me) and thats the choice you get from being a newbie.

ASR/LMG/SMG you watch youtube video's(most are very old now, some being 2013) and all are using better quality weapons with better scopes, they show you how recoil/spread work and how to control it..Thats not a problem i suffer with, as mentioned before im a veteran gamer, i know all about spread/recoil and know how to combat it.
    As i said and the title say's its rubber bullets, i record all my games with Plays.tv hours at a time, i set key points i have problems with and look back(suspect cheaters for example) and see what i did or they did wrong(standard practice for a hack reporter).

My shooting skills are not the issue, neither is my eyesight.
    I shoot far more bullets to kill someone than they do to kill me, yesterday(before i posted this) i finished a 2 hour game, i died at least 60 times and i think i got 3 kills, yes i know as a new player your gonna get slaughtered but come on, whats the point if my guns are useless?
    I know you guys will say its ME, you will say i dont know how to play the game, correction all games are basically the same when firing a gun..You hit your target and they should die, well thats the way it should be.

Ingame, to avoid dying lots(if i can) i try to spawn outside areas of mass fighting, this can also fail, simply because you have a long walk or ride(time wasted).

I have tried vehicles, no sooner do i get into one it gets blown up even before i get chance to exit.
    What im basically saying is(as said before) what is a low rank to do?
    Players in the squad complain at you because you are NOT follow orders, people kick you dont want low ranks in the squad.
    As a low rank im forced to play alone/singular, this is common from what i can make out, the end result is still the same...die die die.

Wrels youtube tutorials...Ok yet again its not about NEW players, its about weapons you can buy as a new, once you have got the CERTS required. To collect the required CERTS approx 1000 you can do stuff to make it better for you in game, this of course means you have to suffer many hours of gameplay to get them CERTS, remember if you die a lot and you are not killing, you do not get CERTS, you can be a medic/engineer this is good to a point as long as you dont die lots, to amass 800 CERTS it has taken me 2 days and over 20 hours to battle rank 6...Few more hours to get 1000 CERTS.
    So again some tutorials are good, they show you how to play the game, where to go and what to achieve, but all this is after you have got the right weapons/gear...you can only do this when you have the CERTS.
    Or, you can purchase PREMIUM to unlock and get more EXP/CERTS...Oh wait thats money and its now pay to win.

Most low ranks dont have money(maybe because of the age of the player), myself, i do not have money to spend on a game, it cost me an arm and 2 legs to get the PC which i hand built to save money, no funds left.

But im sure you guys know exactly what i mean, i dont need to go over and over the details, i do know how to play FPS games, i have a PC that can more than handle this game without breaking into a sweat, i have more than enough bandwidth to play the game, all my set-up is made for pure gaming, and i learn fast.
  14. ALLERGY

I understand the sniper side of things, i prefer NOT to use sniper, simply because its not my best skill.
    The relationship with constantly moving is what i do anyway, mainly to avoid dying.
    Cloaking, i use cloak when i snipe of course, then move and uncloak to fire and do as you said, head peeking and ducking and moving constantly(moving when cloaked only).
    Its about RUBBER bullets, not my ability to play..
    SMG i never use at long/mid range.
    LMG i never use long range.
    ASR i never use long range.
    SNIPER always long range, simply because if im closer than mid range then i die.
  15. ALLERGY

Tried and tested gaming strategy first used in QUAKE 3 in 1993(yes i have played online FPS since then).
  16. ObiVanuKenobi

Wrong. Name at least one. There was even a time when they announced cheater bans publicly to whole server.
    If you're thinking about RepentYourSinsXX he's been banned 50+ times already but there's no way to stop him from returning in a f2p game.
  17. customer548

I saw 2 or 3 banning messages during those last 7 days.
  18. Eternaloptimist

Apologies. I focused too much on your references to sniping. My points about clientside hit detection apply to all weapons though and the importance of burst control when using auto weapons cannot be overstated. CoF and bloom can have a huge impact on how may bullets will actually hit a target in sustained fire despite the satisfying flicker of the hit marker.

There really is no evidence that I have seen or experienced to say that starter weapons are of poor quality or lack hitting power (I've used them all, every one of them, even the shotguns and sidearms).

It sounds like situational awareness and/or your engagement technique are the problem. This is not cirticism - it took me ages to be able to read a battle accurately and to master when to hip fire and when to ADS, moving while shooting, how to burst effectively and what range to engage at/when to run away or hide instead. I hear that PS2 is unlike other games in how some of these things work, so experience does not transfer well.

I did eventually change from starter weapons once I'd learned my strengths and weaknesses (the hard way - by dying a lot). For me it involved getting weapons with a faster rate of fire for CQC and burst weapons for longer range shooting (except LMGs where there aren't any pure burst weapons, so I went for recoil managing attachements and high MV instead - see below).

You could waste a lot of time and certs expecting to be able to "buy" better performance by getting new guns without knowing what tendencies you need help to correct.The only thing I would say is that getting weapons that can equip SPA will give you a bit more of an edge in CQC. At any range, but especially longer range, recoil management can be assisted by compensators (vertical recoil damping) and fore grips (horizontal recoil damping).

As for getting killed when moving around - sniping and being ambushed is always a risk and in some locations/bases it dominates. Staying on the move, advancing from cover to cover. never moving in a straight line and "hard targeting" help but they will never overcome the risk entierly. If there is a plague of snipers I go stalker infil or LA and flank around to prey on them..........or I leave to go find another battle. Oh yes, and I never go out there alone if possible. I join a squad or just generally go where the others are going.
  19. ALLERGY

It ty for your response, your explanation is totally correct, i know the difficulty transferring from one game to another, most are ok, this is not.
    Your advice i have followed from other players, but most of my certs have been spent on my own protection(abilities).
    I do not have the certs to mod weapons, this would take a good while to get 1 weapon with correct stats for me to be able to play normal.
    The fact i die so very much means i do not collect certs fast.