Are the top players/outfits really the top after all?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orangejedi829

Nice data, but what exactly does raw headshot count tell us, if anything?
    Someone may have scored 20,000 headshot kills, but if they have 100,000 kills overall, that's not really anything out of the ordinary.
    • Up x 2
  2. orangejedi829

No worries ;)
    • Up x 2
  3. LuckyImperial

Valid point. However, they are somewhat normalized by being on the top leader-board. These are mostly BR100+ players who have been playing the game since day 1...mostly.
  4. Dirge

Considering I never see you at fights with odds worse than 48-96 v. 24-48... you're a hypocrite.

Here is my challenge to you: Stop hiding behind zergs, go to a small pop fight (1-12 v. 12-24 or 12-24 v. 24-48) where the enemy outpops you 3-1, and PTFO. I can hold a 5KD and 2KPM under those conditions (3.5 and 2 against the better outfits), and oftentimes hold off those odds for 20+ minutes (or 5+cap time if against good outfit). Can you do the same? Can you be even remotely effective? Even with a MAX? I very much doubt it.

By every sane measure of skill, we are the best (note: best, not most effective, don't get it confused) infantry players on Genudine. We have won or tied every match (the only tie was against NWO(EU). The map was very one sided and the lag was kinda bad, so we each ended up taking one round and calling it a tie), we have the highest stats of any outfit with more than 10 members, we cap more bases per member than anyone else, on average, and we tend to go to the most underpopped fights we can find that aren't spawn camp zergs. You hide behind engis with a max and try to farm, and fail horribly at it.

Your argument amounts to one of the following:
    "I'm good because mommy said so"
    or
    "I'm good because I participated in a war with 200 people and barely did anything, and your bad because you participated in a war with 50 and killed all of them"

Neither make sense, and both show your pitiful level of maturity and thought.

For PC players:
    1. PS4 players are lucky to get 10FPS and less than a full second of lag at 96+ fights. This makes it the worst judge of skill possible, as all of your performance is based on luck (did the enemy render? Did you get a lag spike? Did the tank kill you through a wall?).

2. Cyrax has been salty since we spawn trapped his outfit in a 12v12 that he started because he was talking zhit saying his outfit could beat any 12 players on NC. So we took him up on hit and beat him so soundly that he started slandering our outfit to any who would listen (saying we cheated, only won because lag, because he "wasn't ready", because he "wasn't trying", etc, etc, the standard BS that bads spout after getting rekt)

3. Miguel is a troll. Feed him or not, I don't care.
  5. KoRneY

What a crap thread. For the love of god close it off.
    • Up x 2
  6. 1Tap2Tap

See, after cutting out the usual shameless self promotion and personal insults, your post is way more pleasant to look at.

(Also, much shorter.)

You are welcome.
    • Up x 1
  7. Dirge

His entire post is based off of his comparison to us / personal insults directed at my outfit. As such my "shameless self promotion" and "personal attacks" are important parts of my response. And bragging or not, every word I said was true. You cannot say the same of his post.
    • Up x 1
  8. Taemien

He did get a literal boner didn't he?

I think there's honestly a physical attraction here.
    • Up x 3
  9. orangejedi829

When someone brags about their K/D in the in-game chat, I usually will, for giggles, challenge them to a duel. Now, my K/D isn't great. It's around 1.5 overall (though I've been playing somewhat better recently; I've been dragging it up from 0.2! hah). But if they accept (and many times, they suddenly become ghostly quiet instead), I usually wreck them.
    Not trying to say I'm some kind of MLGpro. I'm definitely not. I'm a middle-of-the road scrub at best, and there are many, many players in the game who are wayyy better than me.
    But point is, 9/10 times, these vocal K/D flaunters sh*tters are all show, no go. Just something to keep in mind here.
  10. Taemien

Not a scrub at all. You seem a bit more objective based. Starting at .2 and working your way up to 1.5 isn't a padder by any means. Anyone can start this game and have a positive KDR and even get it about 5 as infantry. But they're more of a detriment to the team than a boon.

Those that pad their KDR's are the actual scrubs. They hurt their teams by being a waste of space. In many cases they'll get impatient and engage in actual statpadding. And I'm happy to find and report these types. In fact I caused someone a short duration ban for it about a week ago.
  11. ValorousBob

Otaku is in fact legit, he just focuses mainly on HSR
  12. AxiomInsanity87

That doesn't excuse the shtty behaviour really but fair play.
    • Up x 1
  13. AxiomInsanity87

*applies logic to the whole forum*

*Now has only 3-4 threads to talk in*
    • Up x 1
  14. Dirge

*Unsupported ranting*
  15. Wizdomtooth

Well hot dang...4th comment in and we're rigged up for trolling. We laying bait all over creation. 2 things, never argue with the trolls, they just drag you down to their level and beat you to deat with experience. 2 when you flaunt that killer KDR, you must get some serious action no? Let me tell you, girls see that and run the other way. **** moron, you make the PS4 community look like idiots (insert sarcastic reply here).
    All your BS is a boatload, but hey keep it up, being all MLG and all I'm sure you'll just keep on wrecking. Poor PS2/PS4 players just getting slayed by you. End rant. Sorry
    Peace
  16. Dirge

Are you drunk?
  17. Wizdomtooth

I think so?
  18. Moz

HAHAHAHAHAaaaahahahhaha

Oh wait? Your serious?

Still.... Maybe even more so....

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAaaaaa
    • Up x 1
  19. SanPelicano

OFF:

enjoy that glorious* MAX campfest-autoaim combo on PS4.The most boring thing ive ever seen.

*coward
    • Up x 1
  20. Slandebande

Wow, you are actually in an outfit with that guy? I guess some people really like self-mutilation :eek:

To each their own I guess, I just can't imagine how young/ignorant I'd have to be to think acting like your mate does is funny and/or acceptable. I guess my tolerance for toxicity/bullsheet is lower than yours, but still, that Miguel guy really sounds like a douché.

Also, your claims about the largest fights not being feasible on the PS4, just lends weight to the arguments posted about his comparison on KDRs (and actually a seemingly unhealthy focus on it as well) is plain old stupid. The PS4 caters (by design) according to you (since you are saying you cannot participate in large fights) to statpadders.

That you had to make a personal attack yourself (and including a story no one on here cares 1 cent about) makes me think you aren't much different than Miguel, albeit a bit more refined. I guess I do understand why you are in an outfit together after all.

Furthermore, your "friend" claims he is always at 96+ fights. That doesn't corroborate with your claims about 96+ fights being impossible to fight in effectively. I do assume he is just spewing BS (as usual) but still.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.