Balancing TR pop on Connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpeedFreakPS1, Apr 5, 2016.

1. SW0V

Yes.

My recent experiences of playing on Connery (anecdotal evidence incoming) is that the VS is split in half. Half of the VS play with the rest of Connery and the other half go and ghost cap the 'off' continent. The next time you feel that the VS is severely out popped. Look at the VS population on the other continent.

Edit: I'm not saying that the TR aren't overpop. But what I'm saying is that there is a community of VS players on Connery that are only exacerbating the problem by leaving the 'on' continent. Maybe contact this community of players and tell them that you need help on the 'on' continent.

VS on Briggs is similarly underpopulated, but they win alerts quite frequently due to the fact that NC and TR are always distracted by each other. If you co-ordinate your servers population with good leadership, you can accomplish much.
  2. Jake the Dog

My suggestion: put weapons that can be made available on your main account IE: TR by playing VS or NC. Such as a Gauss powered chain AR or a laser chain gun. NC and VS would get the same. Make it a directive. Something that gives people a tangible reward for playing different factions. If you already play all of them kudos to you. Make it for every class and vehicle and there, people will all be playing different factions.
    • Up x 2
  3. Taemien

Why is when people show population percentages, they always show the continent one and not the server?

Here's why: People like lokear are actually dumb enough to not realize they can switch continents. That's the only explanation for this.

People.. the continent you login to, isn't the one you have to play on. There's a warpgate terminal you can use, hell you can redeploy directly to any open warpgate.

Also since most people are members (thats what those arrows mean in squads, I know you all have seen them). We can bypass the proposed continent population queue system. Its in our Membership Benefits. It won't actually fix anything, cept put the freebies on an continent where they get outnumbered.

-Edit

Never mind. People like lokear are lying. That's right lokear, you're a liar and a fraud:

Here's the Connery Populations numbers as of his post:

[IMG]

lokear is using continent population rather than server to hide his anti-TR agenda.

Its not TR's fault that the VS wants to ghostcap.

What I propose is for TR and NC to warpgate the sh-t out of VS for this. Make this a 2 faction server by forcing the VS to sit in their warpgate for the next couple of months.
  4. lokear

5. Cyrax Servius

Same has happened on Genudine, PS4, the TR has been trashed by a couple auto recruit mass outfits that have destroyed what tactical thinking was left in working the maps and lattice lines for the true organized outfits on TR.

I am going back to the NC along with a couple other guys as the NC has the same problem on Genudine. They have a HUGE auto recruit outfit with a lot of potential that would romp all over the TR with a little guidance and training. But the TR on ps4 has turned into nothing but a mass of numbers at this point. A 12-24 turns into a 96+vs 12-24 in a matter of minutes, no matter where on the map and it has gotten old.

I have a much greater sense of accomplishment winning even a single letter on NC cause I know we worked for it rather than just bombard it with numbers. If the NC gets it act together even a little bit the TR on ps4 is in big trouble...
  6. HadesR

Yes atm ( depending on the time of the day, Pic taken as I type ) Connery has a TR population problem. Something that could be in part due to the closures of Both Korean and Chinese servers ( Both had a high TR player bases )

BUT

The problem doesn't just lay at the feet of the " TR over pop " .. It also lays at the feet of large portions of the other factions ...

Case in point : Rather than combat the zergs at their own gates they choose to ignore them to zerg empty bases ( NC / TR are guilty of this also )

[IMG]

VS / NC have the combined pop to combat the TR over pop ... But more often than not in the case of certain outfits they choose to not combat said over pop but to exaggerate it by doing the above ...

Hopefully the new incoming pop cap will help on a Continental basis .. IT WILL NOT help on a HEX by HEX one, that issue lays in the lap of the players themselves ..
  7. Taemien

This right here.

If TR has a 42% world pop. NC/VS combined have a 58% pop. Why should they be focusing attacks on each other in such a case? Well answer is simple, they don't want a fair fight themselves. Its the path of least resistance.

Personal Responsibility and Millenials don't mix. They need daddy/mommy, teacher, or government to give them the solution.

Which is why I suggest wiping out the VS. Bullying and Peer Pressure work wonders on Millenials. They'll switch or quit. And I believe the factions left will be more balanced. Nothing against the VS currently to be honest. They're just the weakest link right now. They failed to justify their existence on Connery.
  8. KoRneY

You got the AM and PM mixed up. Also the day. If you want to actually check it out, at 7:07 (7:05) on the 8th of April the TR have over 40% of the population. Prime time. Not 725 in the morning. Who the **** is playing this **** at 725 in the morning?

http://www.therebelscum.net/world-p...&zoom=3&daterange=1459641600000,1460246400000

No reason to make this stuff up. It's pretty bad on Connery at the moment. (for easier viewing untick the NC population)
  9. Asageh

Wait so people get mad that TR overpops but no one batted an eye when it used to be the VS that overpops daily? Hold on while I go laugh.
  10. lokear

connery tr pop %50 breakthrough :eek:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. JDCollie=VX9=

I haven't seen the VS ghost cap a continent once in the past two weeks. Hell, the ones ghostcapping are the TR. They have the population to fight the VS, the NC, and still enough extra to ghost cap during alerts.

Don't get me wrong, I don't terribly mind being overpopped. It means more XP and targets. I'm actually far more bothered by the apparent collapse of VS outfits. I was in Vanu Ancestry, took a break for a month or two, and now the outfit seems dead. The only platoon running outfit I could find was TWC2. Where'd everybody go?
  12. Cyrax Servius

Same problem with the TR on ps4, it is getting worse by the day. What is destroying it is the large auto recruit outfit that maintains 70% of the pop on TR. I left and went back to the NC to have a feeling of fighting for a purpose because playing TR just got plain boring and is now nothing more than a giant zerg.
    I know this game supports that I get it, but, when skilled outfits with 20 members in the battle get overshadowed by an outfit just throwing 100's of players at the battle is ridiculous. Just about every base on every continent at any time of day TR controlled has the name Goon Squad on it because of sheer numbers and nothing else.
    It's a shame because it deters from the couple outfits with skilled players because that skill means absolutely nothing, because the "other" outfit is gonna throw 200 people at the battle totally negating any skill or tactics involved...
  13. AxiomInsanity87

Even if TR did overpop, forcing balance merely punishes what most people like - TR.

Punishing people for preference is so 7th century AD.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jake the Dog

Just make playing other factions carry a reward that is only available on other factions...
  15. AxiomInsanity87

I'm down for trying that but i'd imagine it would just shift overpop to another faction at best.

Down for that too as overpop=more to kill.
  16. ridicOne

I have uprooted to Emerald sadly. Leaving BR100's behind. RIP Connery.
  17. Cyrax Servius

Here's the problem Axiom,

They have people that do nothing but stay on Koltyr at the warpgate and invite every single new player they see and leave auto recruit on. Of course they are going to join, they don't know any better. It's the same thing PRO did back in Dust514, 7000 members that are all low level, don't know each other and will win in this game by war of attrition. And unfortunately it sucks for the outfits that actually have some talent and tactics because when people think TR, they think Zergfit goon.

I was TR for a year and loved it, however, since February things for me changed when I really noticed what outfits were taking bases, it's not the ones doing the most work I can assure you, I found it disturbing. R.M.A. 187, etc, can go into a base with 15 guys, work their azzes off, but, the "other" guys show up with 60 guys and get their name plastered on every base on the continent. Nothing more than numbers, it's true and you can't deny it.

I seriously thought about VS but I went back to my roots in the NC.
    • Up x 1
  18. AxiomInsanity87

There's Ired on Ceres that does that.

I'd get banned here for sharing what I told one of their leaders lol.

Also TRSF(?) does the same thing. I asked them in outfit chat "What makes this outfit any different from goon?"

No tking
    They have an uploaded decal....

I think next month i'll get some nc swag and join your outfit if that's cool. I Can't be on comms often as i'll wake the missus but i have much synergy in general.

Vs on both platforms are the worst. I'd have to be paid to rep that bs lol.
    • Up x 1
  19. Cyrax Servius

Yeah that's cool bro, we're active every night from about 7 est till whenever. Just a warning, the NC REALLY is a disorganized mess right now, subject of my next thread.
  20. AxiomInsanity87

No worries

I'll let you know next month. I can't stand having no swag lol.