Low fps in battles, used to be 60+

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SacsumMod, Mar 19, 2016.

1. SacsumMod

get like 40 fps in big battles, doesn't matter what graphics settings I put on, GPU is always the cap. I lower the resolution and everything and GPU is still cap. I have a MSI R9 390, used to run very well on PS2. Any help???
  2. Meowsterr

Thats interesting, I have an XFX R9 280x and manage around 70 on ultra. If the gpu is the cap, try checking that its being cooled by fans (or liquid) properly. I had a problem where some wires hit my gpu fans and as a result the gpu automatically slowed down to prevent overheating.
  3. SacsumMod

All wires are fine and is being cooled properly. I've also noticed that the GPU constantly spikes everywhere and the CPU is at 100% constantly. All my others games like BF4 and such seem fine at max. Hope this extra info helped.
  4. Pfundi

Well, then the CPU is the problem. What CPU do you have?
  5. SacsumMod

Intel i5 4690K ;/

Should be more than enough for this game
  6. abigdeal

same deal, specs below, ran a few benchmarks and all come out good, problem is with ps2, tried reinstalling no good
  7. Voodoo4500

In big battles you are CPU limited, not GPU. Your i5 4690K just can't handle it, I would over clock it to 4.2ghz since it can easily handle that. There is not much you can really do, your CPU is already one of the fastest you can buy.
  8. abigdeal

^ in a normal case yes, but since the last update alot of pc configs that used to get 80+ fps at fights are dropping to like 40, since the update my gpu doesnt even warm up and is showing gpu limited in game. Used to get 80+ at any fight now cant even get 40 on lowest settings. Reinstalled, fresh install of drivers, ran multiple CPU + GPU benchmarks all testing fine, every other game still running fine on high / max, its the update. 4790k @ 4.4ghz wc, gpu currently running like a air con.
  9. SacsumMod

Maybe it's just me, but for every new update they bring out they seem to break something
  10. Lord Blackadder

Same here (specs are in my signature). Every time there is a big battle or a lot of players/enemies in one spot, my fps starts to drop: normally it's capped at 60, but now it goes down to the 40's, which is quite noticeable. It most certainly didn't do this before the last (couple of) update(s).

The only thing I can do, is turning of shadows completely, and then it will stay at 60 for 95% of the time. All other settings are at max level (except for particles --> medium).
  11. Voodoo4500

Yes, Shadows setting should be on LOW even on the fastest PC. Shadows use WAY too many CPU cycles. Besides, setting shadows on anything higher than LOW does not look much better and is no way worth the CPU cycles.
  12. Lord Blackadder

Yeah, I always have them on low because there's not much visual difference between Low and Ultra, but now I manually disable shadows every time there's a big battle and re-enable them once every has calmed down again. This surely wasn't necessary before, so I hope this is something that can be fixed.
  13. SacsumMod

Gotcha, sorry for not replying, been doing other stuff. I will try this
  14. SacsumMod

Used to have shadows on ultra always 60 fps ;(
    Well graphics aren't everything at the end of the day
  15. SacsumMod

Seems like putting shadows on low gave me an extra 10 fps. Not bad :D