can't play button play return green after 5 sec

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by andrea giannetti, Mar 18, 2016.

1. andrea giannetti

when i click on the play button , after 5sec the button return green and says the game is already running. with task manager i see the launcher processes but not the game process. i run windows 7 64bit. any advices to solve the problem ?
  2. Lord Blackadder

Yeah, I've got the same issue since about a week and a half, but only when I try to play through Steam. After clicking the play button, the PS2 .exe starts in the background, but can't be accessed. The launchpad stays visible for about a minute, and closes after that, with the PS2 .exe still running, but not showing me the game.

My only solution for now is to play without Steam (go to the PS2 directory and launch the Launchpad from there/make a desktop shortcut to the Launchpad) and then it will run fine.
  3. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

Try going opening the useroptions configuration file and under display change Mode=Fullscreen or if it's already "Fullscreen" change it to Mode=WindowFullscreen.
  4. Pfundi

Did you verify the game files already? If not use the little wrench icon in the launcher
  5. andrea giannetti

@lord - if i do the process u suggest , gives me an error 00000x7 or something like that
    @pfundi - yes i already verified the files.
    @crossfit - where is that useroption configuration file ?
  6. Voodoo4500

Same issue here, just started happening a few days ago. I have to close the planetside2exe process and relaunch it like 5 times before it actually runs the game.
  7. Pfundi

Maybe a connection issue. Or just close everything planetside running in the Task Manager and try again.