[Vehicle] The A few thoughts on the bike that went from garbage to glam, in 0.1 second. As well as Magriders.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exileant, Mar 14, 2016.

1. stalkish

If i misunderstood your post please forgive me, been having bad migrains for a few months so my head is not right....but enough of my moaning.

Firstly i would say, this isnt Dust514, so any expectations you have of similarities between the two should be low. They are different games from different times, heck this game is way diff to its predecessor.

Tanks.
    Having spent over 40 days playtime in tanks including lightnings (probably more but the stats site doesnt show it and i cant be arsed to look on other sites) i can safely tell you without any doubt that an MBT, fully loaded with 2 players, has no trouble handling a harasser. The Vanguard needs to fire 1 main cannon and 2 halberd shots, the Mag needs 1 saron clip and 1 main cannon, the Prowler needs 1 main cannon clip (2 shots) and 1 halberd IIRC, perhaps 3 main cannon shots i cant quite remember :confused:.
    The amount of time it takes to do this is far shorter than the time it takes a harasser to kill an MBT, Vangaurd 3.5s - (1 halberd reload), Mag - about a second if close enough to mag dump saron. The prowler should have to wait 2.5s max.

Memory is a bit hazy on the above so could be half a second here and there, and of course there are different loadouts, but these are what i use so...
    Also do bare in mind that the tanks also have 1000s of certs worth of upgrades available to both the chassis and the weapons themselves, so reload times can be reduced slightly, further shortening the ttk against harassers.
    Then theres my no1 tip for surviving harassers - rival chassis. Rival will enable you to ensure your frontal armour is facing the damage source, remember its not where the shot hits your vehicle that defines how much damage it does, its the position of the damage source relative to your vehicle, this means it is possible to see shots hitting your side, but they are doing rear armour damage.
    When frontal armour is facing a harasser, any harasser, it doubles if not triples their TTK compared to yours.

Flash
    The fact that you've said the flash is a viable counter to the harasser says 2 things to me:
    1. You must be pretty skillful on a flash, that thing is made of paper and as you say, doesnt protect the rider at all. (Fun fact - you can cert mineguard on your flash, it stops your flash from being destroyed by AV mines, but not the rider so you die and your flash survives.....thnx)
    2. Your a solo player. Forgive my assumption if its wrong and you have a pillion passenger.
    Fair play for using a flash, but its not a very effective counter to an awake harasser crew, plus the wraith cloak flashes a bit when you take damage so a random hit can allow a decent gunner to trace your movements easily even while cloaked.

Playing solo can be hard if there is a dedicated team opposing you. This is a team based game afterall and the harasser crew is 2 people using 1 vehicle, and while thats a lightweighted argument it does hold some merrit, at the very least it means that the harasser crew will most probably be on teamspeak (or some other 3rd part voice) or be communicating in a squad using in game voice. This allows them to concentrate targets and plan their enter and exit strategies more effectively than 2 randoms, they will actively decide which tank to attack, usualy the one that is low on health.

To sumarise id like to ask you what server you play on?
    If its Miller add me (stalkish) to your friends list if you want to do some team based vehicle play.
    If it isnt Miller id suggest trying to find a decent group of tanker friends, nothing better than calling in 4-5 mbts when the enemy has a harasser crew rolling around. You dont even need to join outfits, i play regularly (well when i can....damned head :() with players from other outfits, they are just on my friends list and i invite them to squads when they log on, if the want to play with me they do, or they play with their outfit, or i join their squad.

Sorry if my reply was all over the place.
  2. Savadrin

So a few thoughts.

1) It only works to wedge under the maggie if the driver is bad or inexperienced. It's hilarious when it works, because there's the magrider like a beached whale sitting on top of you flailing while you cut him open.

The problem is that any competent maggie driver will just magburn off and spin on you. This presents that front-armor TTK tripling which was mentioned. The harasser can match the speed, but not the rotation as well, because the jeep loses turning traction on turbo boost and you're probably dead before you can recover.

2) Any 1/2 tank complaints are invalid. Period. You're using 50% of the ability of your vehicle and you forfeit the right to say anything. Pull a lightning instead.

3) Putting an Aphelion on top of your maggie, as was mentioned above, is a cure for good harasser crews. EVEN IF you are 1/2, you can out DPS the Harasser by yourself. But you need to be able to work the Aphelion mechanic to your advantage.

If I am driving my jeep and I see a 2/2 maggie with an Aphelion, I just keep driving. A 1/2 and I'm still looking for an easier target. It's just not a fight you can win against even a semi-competent crew.
  3. sebastian oscar post

[/quote]
    [IMG]
  4. Dirge

Basically... no.

Stop talking m9. Just stahp.

You have no idea what you are talking about, are probably bad, and can't seem to put together any sort of coherent thought. Yeah.......
  5. Slandebande

Haha aye, sorry for that, I tend to get a bit long-winded when I get caught up in debates/discussions. I hope you managed to get through the wall intact :D I did follow your example and put a few smilies in there, to (hopefully) make it a bit easier on the eyes!

It was in no way how I meant it, and in hindsight I can totally see what sort of first-impression it can give. It is duely noted, and I apologize for it :oops:

If you want to be able to deal with fighters (or aircraft in general) you either have to be in terrain permitting you to angle your tank upwards, or equip a Walker/Ranger. Good luck trying to find someone to gun for you with those weapons on top though :(

Also, I don't find the TR to be a special case in regards to needing AA to deal with fighters, since all three factions have them and they are all threatening for ground vehicles. Things might be different on your server of course, so I cannot speak for that :)

You are right, I didn't consider the aspect of being able to hold down the trigger with the Prowler. However, with the other two MBTs (and the Lightning) you only have to release your finger for a split-second during the reload (I think it is after 33% or 50% of the reload is complete) and press down again, and you will fire at the exact time the reload finishes, meaning you won't lose DPS. As you correctly say, that does require additional brain power compared to simply being able to hold the trigger, but you will have a window of more than 1½ seconds to let go and press the trigger again, which should be possible. A small bit of practice and it should become muscle memory. It is a valuable point for new tankers though, which I will gladly agree with.

Ah fair enough, if his gunner was still firing in the other direction I can see it happening much easier :) It was the scenario with a 2/2 Magrider (well certed) losing to an uncerted Prowler (except for you buying weapons of course) that I found unrealistic. It sounds like you gained an advantage, and knew how to press it (I didn't quote the entire thing to make my post slightly shorter). Well played!

It is often possible to use the Magburn to climb terrain much quicker, however, it has to be done in a specific way. I assume you've noticed you cannot use the Magburn when you are already trying to climb a cliff or similar obstacles (or, well you can use it of course, but it has no / barely any effect). However, if you try using the Magburn prior to starting your climb, you can use the gained momentum to scale the cliff much faster. Be warned, this is a bit unreliable in that controlling your ascent can be difficult (if not random) and you are prone to flipping. Be careful doing it with your last tank at 0 nanites, but try practicing a bit in VR.

Another way it can be used is by not using it prior to start your climb, but after you have climbed say, halfway. You then turn the Magrider sideways (perhaps angled SLIGHTLY downwards), and then engage the Magburn and immediately start turning towards the top of the cliff. You should gain momentum since you "tricked" the engine (game engine, not the Magriders engine :D) into thinking you aren't using it to scale cliffs.

Generally climbing cliffs is about using momentum properly, and estimating the best path upwards. There are usually numerous different approaches to getting up on a cliff, but they will vary in the speed in which you can use them to climb. Some might be easier to perform with less experience, but be noticably slower. Similarly, others might be harder to do properly, or there might be an increased risk of getting stuck / flipped.

A good (and fun thing) to practice, is getting into places that are clearly too narrow for your Magrider to fit in. I'll use an example from my play yesterday. I don't know about your knowedge of the maps, so if something is too uncertain, feel free to ask: On Indar, move to the "Hvar Southgate Garrison", and move to the outside of the base (away from Hvar Tech). Then move to the southernmost tower, and notice the gap between the cliffs and the tower itself. You will most likely think something like "How am I ever going to get a Magrider through that?". Well the answer involves taking advantage of the hovering properties of the Magrider in combination with the cliffs. You should be able to "wiggle" yourself through, with your Magrider being completely on its side/nose at times, and you will most likely damage your Magrider doing this (usually something like 15-50% of your total HP), so make sure you are repaired before performing this stunt. Getting over the first hurdle is the hard part, with the second being much easier. Once inside, be careful of Tank Mines etc. and let the rear-popping begin :D

Now, of course this isn't very effective if there is active fighting taking place at the base itself, but imagine your faction is assaulting either "Hvar Northgate Garrison" or "Hvar Tech Plant" itself. Your enemies are going to expect you to come through the Northgate, but generally won't expect you to sneak in through the Southgate, since they don't think it is possible. Note, using maxed Vehicle Stealth to be able to minimize risk of detection prior to you engaging the enemy is highly recommended ;)

A way to use the mobility (in actual combat) to your advantage is to learn how to climb most hills without turning your front towards the cliff itself, but rather scale the cliff sideways. Often times you won't be able to scale/cross the entire cliff, but that isn't the intention I'm going for with the maneuver in this case. I'll give an example although it is a bit harder to explain via text. I hope you can follow: Imagine the area between "Quartz Ridge" and "Hvar Northgate Garrison". The steep road flanked by tall cliffs of either side is what you should imagine. Fighting starts on the road, with you being at the bottom, and the enemies being at the top. You start shooting at each other, and an enemy tank starts pulling back, out of your line of sight (due to the road going upwards). By scaling the cliff sideways (coming from Quartz, that would typically be the right side) you are able to gain extra height, and be able to put in shots as they think they are safe (and are typically repairing). Of course, this involves firing whilst your tank is angled/sideways, which makes it a bit more difficult to compensate for drop, etc, but with practice it is possible.

I hope my examples weren't too confusing, and you could at least take a part of it with you :oops:

I generally find half the fun of the Magrider is taking advantage of the mobility in order to attack the enemy from where they least expect it (typically their rear :D).

Haha aye, I saw someone suggest that the Magburn could act as sort of an Afterburner in that you could roast anyone being behind you. Or, with the Magrider, potentially under you :p

My bad, it seems I had some form of reading comprehension problems, which I apologize for.

Well an experienced driver can actually kill Prowlers using a stock Magrider, since most tanks are operated by people mostly resembling imbeciles (a bit harsh of course, but you should catch my drift). I agree that Magriders aren't really able to facetank the other two tanks, but its strengths instead lie in flanking (especially coming from unexpected angles like I explained earlier), and using that flank to gain an advantage over your enemy, and then pressing the advantage home for a win. The Magrider generally loses if it plays "fair", but using its advantages to play "unfair" it can excel.

I should also add, that the Magrider is BY FAR the MBT that benefits the most from getting a secondary gunner, since it has its overall DPS increased the most by it (the Prowler conversely gains the least from getting a gunner). This is only speaking from a DPS point of view of course. The gunner has many other important functions like repairs, increasing your situational awareness, different maximum elevation (allowing it to fire upon targets you cannot) etc. It sounds like you aren't running with a regular gunner. If at all possible, try to find someone with a similar interest in using the tanks as yourself, and run with the regularly. It does wonders, trust me. Also, correct me if my assumption is wrong of course.

Well believe it or not, the Vulcan actually does deal less damage as the range increases, both due to damage drop-off, but also because the spread means they won't have 100% accuracy, at least not while bouncing about at 100kph.

I also know why we are misunderstanding each other here. I'm assuming you are running your tank as 2/2, not 1/2. Generally the Harasser has the advantage against a 1/2 tank, but of course it has the largest advantage over the Magrider, since the Magrider gains the most DPS from obtaining a secondary gunner (as explained above). The flexibility of being able to repair whilst keeping up some DPS is also a strong point, especially against a platform that is weaker than your own (your secondary weapons are stronger than the Harassers). Or just having twice the repair speed. It is also invaluable when you are being attacked by enemy aircraft, but that is another discussion.
    Also, the thing about repairing while it fires at long range once again assumes you have a secondary gunner, meaning you can go repair while your gunner keeps pressure. If they come in closer, you should be able to hit them and destroy them. If they are staying at longer ranges, you should also be able to find cover pretty easily, to quickly repair and force them closer (once again to ranges where you can hit and destroy them).

Well, for starters, being 2/2 with a gunner you know and can communicate with helps a TON. I literally don't know how to explain how much you benefit from it, ESPECIALLY in a Magrider. Note, the random gunners you pick up in random places are in no way comparable to having someone regular you know you can rely on, and knows how you play.

As Savadrin also wrote, using a weapon like the Aphelion (VS version of the Vulcan) is very effective against Harassers. With it, as long as you aren't letting them hit your rear, you will destroy them much faster than their destroy you. If you have a secondary gunner using it while you are either manning the main cannons or repairing, you are a formiddable opponent for any Harasser crew.

Also, try using the Vulcan against a harasser crew using the Halberd, ducking in and out of cover. You will be able to land ~5 shots tops while they are firing at near maximum RoF, doing much more DPS than you are. Then consider an enemy tank also having a main cannon to boot :p Don't get me wrong, the Vulcan can be very strong in the right situations/circumstances, but it is situational.

This got me thinking (and pardon my ignorance) but is it possible to change your keybindings on the PS4? Since a huge buff to the Magrider (on PC) is changing the "Look Left / Look Right" binds to buttons on either your keyboard or your mouse, as that lets you turn your Magrider MUCH quicker. If you cannot do the same on the PS4, I would argue the Magrider IS arguably weaker, especially against Harassers getting in close. I hadn't considered that issue before now.

Haha no problem, I'm happy to help. If you have any further questions feel free to ask :) And yes, take from my ramblings what you will, I just like to lay it all out there, and then you can decide what's useful information and what isn't.

Once again, I apologize for that :oops:

Oh, and sorry for another massive reply, I just can't help myself I guess :cool:
    • Up x 1
  6. Arkserion

:eek: I've seen more smilies here than on all the threads on the ps4 forums (rip:(). Lol :D. I like it :cool:.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hammerlock

good lord all these :eek: :D o_O :rolleyes: and :p ... oh and i think i found one or two :cool:
    • Up x 1
  8. Exileant

9. Ronin Oni

I recommend the Forward & Back mouse buttons (Mouse4 & Mouse5) if your mouse has them (and FFS for gaming you better at LEAST have these 2 extra binds on your mouse available)

It feels quite natural to me to have them there... and you can leave 'Q' for spotting (I remap exit vehicle to 'G' and use 'E' for horn to prevent accidentally exiting when hitting reload 'R' key... irrelevant as driver but very relevant as vehicle gunners).

But yes, in a mag keybinding turret turn left/right to key/button presses is MANDATORY for full capabilities. You'd have to crank up vehicle turning mouse sensitivity too high to be useable to hit the max turn speed otherwise.

You can use them in other tanks as well if you're turning your turret 180 degrees and don't want to move your mouse much as well for example.
    • Up x 1
  10. Exileant

:eek: First, I would like to say, I am very sorry to hear about your migraines those are NEVER fun to deal with and I would not wish headaches that do not respond well to medicines on my worst enemy. :( I hope you feel better soon and will keep you in my prayers. *If you are an atheist: 1. Don't even bother telling me not to because it has already happened. 2. If you do not believe in God, why would you care about it? And 3. If you are a believer, please ignore points 1-2. Hahaha!
    ;)Migraine or no, you expressed yourself very well, which tells ME 1 thing about YOU: You are a tough son of a gun and likely a force to be dealt with, when set as an enemy. Nothing fuels good game play like mind bending, rage inducing, pain... If you have the focus to channel it that is. I can do nothing with a headache. :confused: All functions stop, until it goes away, lest I begin to weep. o_O And let me tell you something that you likely already know..... Crying..... is the absolute WORST thing you can EVER do with a migraine or any OTHER headache for that matter.... So thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread, I respect your suffering through and reading all that with one going on.

:) Alright on to reply.
    As far as this game not being similar to Dust, you are wrong. the way I played this is no different than Dust, you chose your machine, added equipment and used it out on the field. Even down to the suits. o_O Heck, Dust as far as realistic feel goes, actually has this beat. :)confused: They are just too dang stupid to realize it *Closing Down*) Their realistic flight controls, set turret speeds, and body impact engine is about the only difference I could find. They have it, Planetside doesn't. Oh and the lack of All heavies having access to Mini-guns. I have not altered my play style at all from how I play in Dust, with the exception of the Cloaking flash. Tanking: Magrider/Madrugar, Light Armored Vehicle: Methana/Harasser, Ariel Assault: Scythe/Assault Dropship, Cloak Scout/Cloak Infiltrator. The same thing.

Ok now about the vanguard.
    I am positive a vanguard has no issues with a Harasser. One it has an Over-shield, this alone gives it enough life to last far longer than just one clip. Harasser drivers know this, and there for will not DARE to attack a Vanguard alone, unless they KNOW its shield is drained. I have sat back and watched this. :D Even when this guy decided he was going to attack, he still got killed. The Vanguard seems to have the most powerful single shot cannon, PERIOD. It took one shot in the back and the car POURED black smoke before the basilisk turned it into a fireball wit just a few pops. :) This was not a post saying the Harasser was the end all vehicle to all tanks, but rather the Magrider is far too weak against them due to Harassers being able to outright hide under them. o_O Single or doubled, there is nothing you or your gunner can do once they get there. Especially if they have a Scrapper chassis. Following you is easy in any direction that you go. It needs a damage field under the tank or at least make the Magburners flames damaging so it can be used defensively during your attempted escape of the move, as I explained in other replies. :confused: Other tanks have no issue taking advantage of you floating upwards after they get under you as well because they know it will take your nose a second to come down so you can even see them much less shoot them, this is provided they get close enough to you, of coarse provided you live long enough for them to actually need too. ;) In a Prowler, Harassers tend to leave me be unless there are two, or otherwise have help, with 2 cannons and a Vulcan, they better. Same goes for a vanguard. :D With a Giga-cannon and an Over-shield:eek: I SAY, I SAY, THEY BETTAH!!! YA GOTTA BE SMART SON, SWIFT BOY TO TAKE ON ONE A THEM!!! NOW GONE ON OVER THERE AND SHOW'EM HOW IT'S DONE, SO-JA!!! :mad:"YES SIR!!!" *sigh* :rolleyes: "That boy's dulla than a than a butta knife used as a hamma..." Good luck trying to get under them, they have wheels, and if you try to ram them the impact alone can cause SERIOUS damage, it can even be fatal at times. Which again strengthens my point for Magriders needing that damage field others tanks can outright ram which can kill things. A Magrider is likely to bump up and over everything else, and the things it can't? Like a Sunderer? It will take far and away more damage than it will inflict. I had Sunderers play chicken with me as a last resort so often when I first started out. Of course I was all like: :eek::mad: "Bring iT ON!!!!" *Que Rambo's Theme* Only to impact and loose 1/2 the armor I had and to my shock be pushed back like I hit the worlds largest piece of rubber. In one case I actually was killed because my Magrider tried to crawl up its face and it FLIPPED ME. Now, I love the tank, faults aside, I will use it because I like the Vanu's Weapons and vehicles, (Not to mention they are kind of dark hero's from what I have read) but I really believe the Magrider is on the shallow end of the gene pool due to people cheesing for an easy win. I will not lie, when I am on the Republic, I fully take advantage because I can, but it just is not right.

:p(Flashing) :eek: "Ooooooh MY!!!" "Put those away!!!" :oops:"But I don't wanna..."
    ( Y )Now then, I thank you for the compliment. I enjoy using the flash and it has served me well. :cool: I do not like to brag, ;) SO I WON"T!!! :)D Didn't expect that did ya?) You were correct on your assumption, regardless of me having my own Outfit, ("Relinquished Cherubim" Tag: (Fair) As in Beautiful) I am often on my own when I am not playing with my good friend Dimesax.
    I enjoy the hunt, and nothing revs my motor like stalking pray bigger than I am, more numerous than I am, and far and away surpassing me in firepower. I will carry a passenger, but I do not like to as so many idiots team-kill, it is almost not worth the risk of losing my streak... I will say having a heavy on back DOES help out a lot. At the very least they act as a shield for fast retreats. I have taken taken shells, killing my passenger, yet sparing me with minimal damage to my machine during retreats where I have been spotted, to come back and destroy my aggressor. I am no stranger to dealing with people who use microphones. o_O Which is why when I attack someone, I try my absolute best to make sure it will end with a kill or put them in a position where help cannot reach them in time. And you can always tell when they are linked up. It is like though controlled by a hive mind everyone and every thing turns towards and runs guns blazing in your direction. Hahaha! So yes there are definitely benefits in running with a pack. Issue is, finding the right pack. I do not like playing with people who use the N-word for any reason, :)confused: I do not get how other races still think that is okay given what is still happening today) beyond that? It is harder still to find people who do not turn Traitor for the stupidest things, like running out in front of you while you are shooting, :mad: STANDING BEHIND YOUR VEHICLE, or because you have no more room and they think you are just ignoring them....:rolleyes:
    I am on the Genudine Server, Primarily on Vanu and my name is Exileant there too. I would love to play along side you.

:D Again, thank you for answering my post. I do hope you feel better.
  11. Exileant

:mad: FIRST OFF, LET ME JUST SAY, I am very proud of you for your smile usage.;) It made your post fun to read, added some bullet points for me attempting your various suggested maneuvers without losing my place and saying otherwise: :confused:"Wha...?" and it allowed me to take breaks while recovering from the metric ton of delight you bestowed upon me. Knowledge is power my friend, NEVER apologize to me for opening your mind and allowing your thoughts to flow. This is a Forum, it is what it was made for. I opened the door for long posts when I made the :D "Wall of Text" first, as was so pointed out by its first responds. Plus I know how the "Train Of Thought" barrels. Once it gathers that steam? The only way derail it is by sheer megatons of RAW FORCE.... :p That or... ya know, freshly delivered/straight out of the oven PIZZA!
    Two your flexibility, and ability to admit when you might be wrong, is refreshing and RARE as far as game forums go, I actually feel lucky to have met you, If you are ever on PS4, Genudine server and on Vanu, add Exileant to your friends list and bombard my mailbox with requests to play. I will be happy thrilled to mow lawns with ya.

:confused:"Mow lawns?" ;)"Yeah, as in:" "Yo a-- is grass, and I'M-GONNA-MOW-IT!" :eek:"Ooooooooh.... I get it now, movie reference."

It is beyond fine, after reading about 15% of your post I could tell you meant well. I MAY.... o_O respond to all your posts with a that leading line or some other equal flex worthy statement (once the phrase runs it's course) for fun, because it is just so dang funny, :D so you must forgive me for that, it will be all in fun. Hahaha!

;) Exactly, this is a Tactic I had to learn in dust when the Assault Dropships were able to destroy a tank in one to two clips. It worked on Dust because the flight engine was more realistic and based off of a heavy helicopter meaning, if you were a pilot you had to sling that heavy son-of-a-gun. o_O And if you were slinging it hard enough to keep up with a starting, stopping and reversing tank, AND landing shots? You were slingin' it like ya mean it, and an ace by anyone's standards. Sadly with the engine of a 5 year old holding a Matchbox or Hotwheels fighter-jet, they simply with the wave of a hand, adjust out of your sites and behind you and start firing heavy payload. It may be average on the computer, but PS users have for the most part always been about the advantage, whether it being tactical, control codes, Game Genie, or Game Shark. To that end most people picked the Republic or NC, The mosquito is a vehicle you never go more than 5 minutes without seeing or hearing at least 3 of... They live up to their name... you encounter them in swarms.... With out a defense, they will test you, and if you do not have a Ranger or Walker, they will be all over you. :( Sometimes that will still happen anyway if they are linked up....

;) Thank you for your acknowledgment, again that is very refreshing. I will happily agree with what you said about the reload, and I release and press the second it is fired so all I am waiting for is the next round. Muscle memory has taken over at this point, however the flaw is that when you do this, you still run a risk of the game not recognizing that you re-triggered. :confused: I have been left looking stupid a good 10% of the times I have fired due to this,:oops: and another 5% due to me simply forgetting to twitch. So that is 15% of the time nothing but air is coming out of my main gun. Compared to the 100% fire potential of the Prowler, you have a tank that can honestly win off of spam alone. And this feature TRIPLES it effective lethality if you get a driver who knows when and where to "Lock Down" and is fully Certed in Reload Speed.... o_O It is like a heartbeat of some wild island sized beast, and there is nothing you can do but wait for it to eat you.

;) Thank you very much. In a situation like that I honestly think he started at the disadvantage (Excluding Minor tank) because of the gunners position. o_O Like you said the Magrider does not excel at "Fair Fights". and that really should not be the case. it should be the other way around. :( "Fighting a Magrider head on should NOT be a fair fight... for YOU."

:D Oh yes. I agree with this and use tactics like this to crawl inside bases or passed generator-shield guarded roadblocks which has yielded me some unexpected kills. Generally thought the fruit does not match the efforts Hahaha!
    Now then, as far as your climbing tactics went, ;) I rather enjoyed applying them on the field they did prove to be effective tactics in low combat situations, as you said. :eek: You are also dead on about needing that running start to climb, the one issue I have found with this is you if you miscalculate the angle you are trying to climb, and Burn into one too steep, you can and will critically wound yourself, putting yourself in an inescapable bind with your rear exposed. (Learned that a bit earlier) The second thing I learned, is that you need a Rival Chassis to pull these maneuvers backward up a hill. o_O I use racer to get to bases faster. Bases have shields, and shield are cover for your tail. Not to mention for me it is almost a necessity for dealing with an enemy Liberator. The low speed of the Rival means you might not be able to make it to that bridge or hanger in time, not to mention, I can actually burn and be moving at 100kph for 90% of the full second that is just that much more distance traveled moving faster than a Flash, and Rivaled Harassers. :p By default, hind-end cover is that much closer too. That being said I did try it, Rival Has been maxed for quite some time so I was able to use it at it's fullest. :) It made kiting charging enemy tanks that much easier, to where I stood more of a chance to "Rope a Dope", in a fair fight, but nearly every time I was killed by their air support. It felt like driving a frozen slug. I saw the over hang, I reached for it, but it is like running down a haunted hallway, no matter haw far I went down it. :D I had that much further to go. Hahahahaha! To that end, I have deduced, Rival is a Team based Chassis, where as Racer is more for Solo work. I will continue to toy around with it though, perhaps I can skill it into an all-use chassis. ;) Thank you for the tips.

:eek: SEE!? :D Great minds think alike! :eek: YOU SAW!! o_OCome on, DEVELOPERS!!! PLEASE APPLY THIS!!!!

:D I agree with you here. There are definitely some prodigies out there. And yes if you play the tank, from the shadows that will HELP against other tanks while you are solo. The tank is far from a piece of trash, it is a monster against anything that is not a Harasser or its own class of tank. :confused: If it were garbage I would get no kills with it. BY FAR this is the easiest tank to kill infantry with, I can swing shoot the thing to catch a heavy missile barer behind me nearly 90m out and turn around to resume my dinner. But that might just be because the tank is my preference and I have spent more time using it. If that is the case, (which I believe it is) it really needs the Damage Field to even it out because, Prowlers are next on the list for soft target swatting... :eek: Heck a direct hit on anything but a max in a prowler with even Heat rounds is fatal. this includes Heavies with activated shields. (As it should) That is double the soft dinners you can eat before you have to reload.

;) I believe it, not only that but the spread should also help you with actually tanking the damage they are dealing, again, Harasser drivers understand this and act like a Pilot fish to to a shark. They slam into and you hug you close but instead of cleaning you of harmful parasites, they clean you of armor and life.... Everything is situational, but the Vulcan s range of Situations are very broad.
    o_O The Vulcan on a Harasser becomes less accurate. On a Prowler on the other hand, it becomes more accurate therefor you can use it at range, and wear out anything given enough time. I do so with Sun's that are healing up. I fire a few heartbeats, then swap to the Vulcan to keep my damage where it is, while they heal, expend the ammo. :D By the time I have finished the clip, the healers are tired, and I have swapped back to the Cannons for more Heartbeats. :p I repeat this til I make the Sun explode in their face, killing the healers. Even better should one try to man a gun, then I just auto Cannon them. Sunderers have more armor than tanks and the Vulcan shreds them like paper. So even trying to heal solo with one on you even as a delay is a tough order, given the driver has to be the one to heal. No driver, no protection of your rear. :confused: Bullets back there mean it matters not if you heal, you are not going to stop the Pain Train from delivering you to your :eek: FINAL DESTINATION.

;) Oh I have, Halberd using Harassers are the easiest to deal with, for one they are all or nothing shots, which means all I have to do is make them miss once and you have what feels like an eternity to line up a shot and empty a full Heartbeat into them. Then they are ready for the grave. At that point in a Prowler I expose my tail, because that is the only way they can now beat me in damage and since I know where they are headed, I know where to put their headstone. :p I simply spit the nails in with the Vulcan. Now against an enemy tank with one, even a Magrider can limp up and TRY to look like it lords over another tank, PROVIDED it strikes first. :confused: HOWEVER a Halberd against a HARASSER!? The cars treads will become one with your mass in matrimony under Vanu and all else who wince while they bare witness...

o_O You can with presets for the controler, not sure about the Board. I will try it. Honestly this seems like the same K. B. & M. cheat tactic used on Dust. :confused: If you were able to operate one, you were able to power through turns, which increased your over all speed. Not only that but your naked turning ability was doubled and your acceleration was upped by 50 to 100%. ;) I will check it out for the K. B. & M.

:DI certainly will, I certainly do, and all knowledge is useful, applied or not. ;) Thanks for giving it!

:p Again you are fine, in both areas. I as always enjoyed you. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I had to test all that out. This beats a crossword puzzle any day! :D Thanks again for the the input and responding to my responds, in my thread!
  12. Exileant

I am sorry I missed your input of 2 cents.;)

o_OAllow me to make up for that a quarter of my own.
    1. It works on against far more than just novice players, as I have pulled this maneuver dozens of times. All it takes is a moment of the tank not looking, or even gliding behind cover to dodge something, and a blind spot for you to enter from. A fraction of a second before you impact, swap, and be shooting. o_O The impact induces a Magburn from ANY player talented or not, the only difference is how fast they target you which, will tell you if they are a novice or not. 90% of the time, when they Magburn they WILL catch air, because you have now made yourself into a ramp, :) (Vets tend to try to go straight up and over you in order to get behind you) so even when it is a vet, they still have to take the time for their nose to come down, depending on the angle they hit you from, time for the Magrider to "settle down" and swing themselves around. If you started firing at the right time, your clip is empty and all you have to do is swap to the driver without panic, evade a shot or two and then slam into reverse, swap while rolling backwards and open up. Vets normally will try to Magburn away or to cover, and may make, to which you simply hit reload and swap give a little chase then swap back and finish. Average people will try to go up and over you again to attempt the kill. :) At optimum range of the Vulcan, they die before they hit air. :confused: It is only 10% of the time that a wedged under Magrider is going to grip the Harasser. Even when you do, you are too close to have any REAL damage done to you (if you are the Harasser), unless you a pop up and get between a Magrider and the wall, tree, what have you. Then all bets are off and you WILL die. If the impact doesn't kill you, the cannon at your back will.

2.:rolleyes: As far as a Harasser not being able to match the rotation? Of course it can. You don't need to tun the car to turn the weapon, for one, so the Vulcan is nothing more than a stationary Magrider itself. The Magrider is nothing more than a over-sized floating turret. That aside I would put my money on the fact that a Fully Certed Scrapper Harasser can match the rotation speed of a Rival Magrider. I have seen it done. I dubbed the term Kite Fishing. ;) Look up Kite Fish, that is just how it looks.

3. The Aphelion is a great weapon, and yes it it can hold a Harasser crew off, so long as they do not get behind you. The issue with it is how you have to use it. One out of the box for new players it is not strong enough to kill a Harasser unless you Stagger Fire it to produce its bolt, at which time the Vulcan now far and away beats you as far as damage per second.o_OA Harasser is also a moving target that jumps wildly even using full auto, it can be difficult for your gunner to hit it. ADD the fact that your natural ability to STRAFE, (One of the single golden points of the Magrider) can affect your gunners aim something dire AND now you no longer have a viable air defense that the Aphelion is sure to attract with its BRIGHT green beautiful bolts of energy and the Large, Green, Line, Moonlight Blade Wave, it emits, like an arrow that points the exact opposite position of where you are.... :eek: You have an issue, being you are not long for this world. :p ON PS4 You HAVE to have AIR-DEFENSE... Mosquito's Swarm, and they use liberators something fierce.

And 4. If you are looking at a 1/2 Magrider and you are STILL looking for a new target and you are Spineless. I attack fully manned Prowlers with my Flash, and without a second though if I am a Republican Harasser and going against a fully manned Magrider. o_O I will be dogged if I don't at least survive the encounter with both. :eek: Your a Harasser, do your JOB!!! :mad: HARASS!!!! WEAKEN, so your people can get the kill,;) OR heck get enough damage for YOU to get it yourself! Hahaha!

:D Thank you for your Reply, :confused: I am sorry if I got to you a bit late.
  13. Exileant

Aaaaah.:D Thanks for the tip, I did some looking but I have not found a way to use K. B. & M. on Ps4 yet.
  14. Ronin Oni

oooooohhhhh

You're PS4?

Well, in that case, full Left/Right analog should be max turn speed anyways I think... but, I dunno... never used gamepad in PS2.
  15. stalkish

Thank you for your kind words.
    Regarding prayers, thanks for your thoughts, and please go right ahead, it cant possibly make it worse :D

Didnt realise you were on PS4, theres that frazzled head again :rolleyes:. Things work a little differently over there it seems.

Keep hunting! :)

PS: Ignore all the trolls who slander both religion and race, they are not worth your time replying to. Interent is full of them unfortunately.
  16. UberNoob1337101

[IMG]
  17. TOXIC_MACHAMP

HA i destroy those weak magriders with my lone vulcan harraser with composite armor :)
  18. Jake the Dog

Sorry for late reply had a week forum ban lol (no idea why)

Yeah i set these up prior to getting my new mouse and are convenient as the directional controls are right there anyways.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

Yeah, I understand the Q/E bindings really, and since I map Exit Vehicle away from E anyways (everyone should... jumping out of vehicle when you fat finger a Reload will kill you) all you need to do is remap Spotting.

Vehicle turning is on Mouse axis though, so adding the max turn binds to the mouse buttons also fits.

It's all preference, and why custom keybinds are a thing.

Apparently the guy we were offering this advice to is PS4 however, and they should have max turn/rotate speed just by full tilt wiggle stick, and lack the buttons for dupe bindings in any case.

I too have been on a couple forum suspensions... Too much arguing with Screamrusher and his like... I've just added them to a mute list to still the temptation of inflamatory replies to inane and absurd ideas(/demands)
  20. Jake the Dog

Not so much against him, I think I got a little overzealous of a bug that occured on the servers when I was playing one time. (couldn't pull my MBT), other than that all I did was poke fun at people having a **** measuring competition.

If thats the case though he should be golden if its at max turn rate, in fact it should be that much better lol.