[Suggestion] Extra Weapon Milestones

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrimsonEpsilon, Mar 15, 2016.

1. CrimsonEpsilon

I use the word Extra in this case lightly. There would only be two extra milestones for each weapon while trying to reach auraxium. What if each weapon had a 1160 kill milestone for each faction. Meaning you can obtain that 1160 kill to get auraxium but you would still need to kill 2320 people to reach all the milestones for a single weapon.

For Example: If you were playing NC, you would need to kill 1160 TR and 1160 VS. These milestones would be separate and yield an award. Doesn't have to be certs.

This would also help veterans revisit weapons they have already have the arx medal for.

Thoughts? Post them below. I apologize on my lack of explanation off the top of my head.

-Crimson
  2. Dirge

Sounds good. I would love custom gun titles after 5000+ kills, or an arx camo after 15,000+. There should be more rewards for dedication.
    • Up x 3
  3. CrimsonEpsilon

Like I said, it would give a reason for vets to go back to their ARx'd weapons.
  4. Hegeteus

Sure. I've been working on mag-scatter 20k and something glittery could be nice when I'll scrape my sanity back together.

I can only speak for myself but yeah, purely certs are the last thing I wanted for reaching milestones with my favorite weapons. There is a less intelligent member on the forum who still thinks I raised mag-scatter to #1 in sidearm kills purely to get certs out of it :rolleyes:
  5. Dirge

Oh god. For 20,000 kills with that thing you deserve... I don't even know what. ARX camo wouldn't even be a start.
  6. Hegeteus

Well, a lot of my opponents think I deserve a kick in the balls :D
  7. Dirge

How 'bout an ARX crotch plate? That would be a fitting reward, I think.
    • Up x 1
  8. Demigan

I doubt there's people who have auraxed all weapons from 2 groups (example: Carbines and LMG's), so I don't see a need to give people reasons to stick with the same weapons for extended periods of time. People already use the same weapons for more than the auraxium, I would rather see more reasons for people to pick different weapons and aurax every single one, preferably from different weapon classes.
  9. Khallixtus

Some titles would be cool. Special, fancy titles for getting a set number (big number too) of kills with a single weapon or set of weapons. More banners too, just to show off how much of a pro you are with the weapon.
  10. Movoza

How about aurax ammo?
  11. CrimsonEpsilon

That is another issue. However, a good many people only really want to stick to those classes and to them the others really aren't as fun to them. I doubt many people who have been burned out on the game have played every class religiously. I do think this would actually help those who have ARX'd a certain weapon class, because it gives them more options for progression within that class.
  12. Savadrin

I would buy one of those if they were for sale.
  13. Savadrin

We could start with Mag-****ter :D
  14. Old_Cherokee

15. GhostAvatar

You do know there are some people with 100k kills on a single weapon alone. This is like DBG introducing BR120 as an extra milestone. Which was then reached within a few weeks. The top level is set way to low for a game of this type.
    • Up x 1
  16. CrimsonEpsilon

Turn that sh*t up louder! Take it to 1000 Horse Power!!!!!

(BR 1000 if you didn't get it)
  17. HAXTIME

TR should get Dual Wield Miniguns after 2nd milestone.
  18. CrimsonEpsilon

NC's Jackhammer now burst the entire clip with sniper accuracy. Damages vehicles too.
    VS's Lasher now has 99.99999999999999% less fire rate, but each energy ball goes nuclear on impact.
  19. Pfundi

100.000 kills give you (and the rest of the player base) access to a gold version of that weapon. When you contact the devs, beg for it, they got time for it and theres no werewolfs around for at least 4 km.
    It did work with the SVA-88 though
  20. HAXTIME

Nah, Jackhammer would shoot C4s instead of pellets,
    Lasher would fire Supernova blasts.