Is the final level of flak armor worth it?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Neo3602, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Neo3602

I've got rank 4 flak armor on my medic to help survive the inevitable grenades that will be thrown at the group of teammates that I will usually be near and I was wondering if the final level of flak armor make a noticeable difference in my ability to survive grenades.
  2. Eternaloptimist

Not sure but I think it is expensive for the additional protection it gives (like Nano 5). I got it when I had certed everything else I wanted. Level 4 seemed OK until then. But when there is nothing else you really need, why not get the extra protection?
  3. InsaneLinguist

From experience Flak 5 allows you to be the last man standing after explosive spam, be able to get away from vehicles/air, and eat a missile from a rocket launcher. I put Flak 5 on a long time ago and I haven't taken it off ever since.

Edit: Keep in mind that until you've got your medtool maxed out, suit slots take a back seat.
    • Up x 1
  4. ParakeetLord88

Yes. If you're going to do it, do it to the best of your ability. Also, what the poster above me said.
  5. Azawarau

If it wasnt for extra grenades id have flak armor

Absolutely worth it
  6. SnatchMaster

Yes. You need to be able to take a stray grenade or missile, because you're going to usually be trying to frantically keep a ton of people alive, while a ton of other people are trying to kill you, which usually means you somewhere on the front lines with every kind of thing coming at you. While you can kinda duck and dodge bullets if you use cover, even the slightest touch from any explosive damage in this game will leave you brutally close to dead. I've maxed out most of the suit options on my NC and TR medics, and flak 5 is one that I've found too valuable to let go of, because of the sheer number of times it has saved my life. If you're going to rely on it to save you, you want it as strong as you can possibly make it, so I consider it a great investment.
  7. LaughingDead

Grenade does 1000 damage over a rather large area, you have 1000 hp, flak level 4 makes it so you have 40% of your life left, so it's 400, flak lvl 5 is 500 left, that 100 hp difference, keeps them from scratching your HP which means less self wasted regen or finding someone else to heal you or just regening your shields up from the bubble. 100 hp is also an estimated extra bullet, which a lot of nanoweave armor users will say it's worth it.
  8. Chubzdoomer

Unless you absolutely have 1000 certs to burn, you'd best spend them elsewhere. The ridiculously overpriced final levels of these skills are only worth investing in if you have nothing else to spend your certs on. In the grand scheme of things, the difference between flak 4 and flak 5 will be unnoticeable in the heat battle.
  9. Azawarau

Yes

Its the difference between living long enough to revive grenade and dying
  10. Halkesh

Flak 5 definitively worth it as it allow you to survive from a RL direct hit.