What is your favourite assault rifle, and why? (All factions!)

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Dualice, Aug 15, 2015.

1. T1nk4bell

I Love the Carnage AR soooooooo much on NC
    but Reaper dmr gr22 and standart ar are nice too all works rly fine
  2. SnatchMaster

If I'm playing TR, TORQ-9. That is probably hands down one of the best assault rifles in the game. The accuracy and rate of fire are insane, despite the lower damage profile on the weapon. Definitely fits the TR faction trait of high fire rates, and makes you feel like you're a republic medic.

I'm not a huge fan of playing VS, so I can't say specifics on them, as I haven't touched enough of their assault rifles to really give a fair comparison to say which I like the most.

For the NC side, I'm actually a big fan of the Reaper DMR with the changes they made to that gun (cuz it used to suck hard, let's be honest), it's definitely a powerhouse in mid range combat where medics should be doing most of their work.

You also can never go wrong with the NS-11a. I think with all of its variants that I have, I have over 6k kills with that weapons system.
    • Up x 1
  3. oTec

Stock NC1 Gauss Rifle with a RD 2x.
  4. Armcross

NS 11P, because its free version of something you could pay for.
  5. Dumpsterprophet

vanu - cme, corvus
    tr - uh...dont like any of them to be honest
    nc - reaper, tross, carnage
  6. Littleman

T1S Cycler (smoke+NV when I'm feeling lucky,) NS-11p, and the TORQ-9. Mostly stick with the NS-11p though. I need the speed. Really, the TORQ-9 should be the default TR AR. For NC the Reaper DMR might as well ignore heavy shields, just a shame about the ammo capacity and lousy CoF (both hip and ADS while moving.) For VS, uh.... Corvus? About the only gun I actually feel feels like a gun. Most VS weapons are indistinguishable from one another to me.
  7. Nejisaurus

Darkstar and I have a love/hate relationship. There are situations where it shines more than any weapon in the game, and times when I scared my spouse by literally yelling to myself "I EFFIN HATE THIS PIECE OF CRAP". There's 1 big sore that stands out and its the horizontal recoil tolerance. o gawd.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ragnarox

1 reason why I hate Darkstar now because Hit detection is so bad in this game...Overheat a gun on someone and hes like half hp left.
  9. Archard

After getting auraxium medals on all NC ARs but the A-Tross (Haven't bought it yet), my favorite is still the Reaper DMR.

The thing just works in any situation I take it into.
  10. Ximinett

Equinox VE2,very overall weapon,also u can attach underbarrel things and put on burst mode...the advantages of a burst rifle,assault rifle and underbarrel things on one!!!! :F :F :F :F
  11. Ximinett

Well,same on equivalents on other factions,the T1S Cycler and the Gauss Rifle S. They are very very versatile and can be burst mode while using underbarrel attachments. The advantage of the Vanu one,is that the Vanu one have no bullet drop (also the looks are very nice)
  12. JDCollie=VX9=

Gauss Rifle for NC, along with the GR-22.

For VS I actually really liked the Corvus. Sure, it won't win any hipfire contests, but it is a headshot machine.

And the NS-11, gotta love it.
  13. Seron

been ages since i played TR or NC, but for VS:

-Corvus for medium - long range
    -Terminus for CQC

I find the terminus one of the few non-smg weaps i can reliably spray with. no burst fire needed whatsoever.

The corvus is just nice for its added dmg but its fire rate and control will get you into trouble
  14. Splashnina

I play TR mainly but i play VS abit and very little NC

TR weapons well i have 20.000 kills with the TAR so i guess its my favourite weapon hands down in TR i think its ok up to medium ranges .
    VS weapons HV45 is the king no doubt Terminus is awesome to but i love the CME to very nice handeling in most combat types.
    NC weapons Well GR22 is my fav here and A-Tross is awesome aswell .
  15. Dualice

Problem with the "S" variants of assault rifles/carbines is they sacrifice a lot for those attachments. Fire rate goes down a tier, and their recoil profile is less consistent, or at least it was the last I checked. This also does not change when you switch firing modes, so selecting burst-fire won't necessarily make you any more accurate. If you like burst weapons you'd almost certainly perform better with the Equinox Burst (or T1B/Gauss Rifle Burst, depending on your faction).

They have their uses though, to be sure. I get some enjoyment out of the underbarrel shotgun, especially if you've taken shield damage and your foe is about to round the corner, thinking he's about to finish you off.
  16. ButterNutts

NC A9 Tross - NC Combat Medic.

I can actually get a kill unlike the default Gauss Rifle. Hell I can get multiple kills with the A9 in a single clip instead of having to reload after every kill with Gauss.

It all works out perfectly as Combat Medic is my preferred class and it's for the NC, so it's a win win. Just wish the Engineer could use it as well, but I have the ACX-11 or whatever it's called for Light Assault/Engineer, so at least they too have a high dmg weapon though I rarely play those classes.
  17. LaughingDead

Reaper DMR. Better velocity than the tross, better rpm, only 6 bullets less and stats are golden gotta love sniping snipers.
  18. Dualice

The Reaper is lovely, agreed. If there was one weapon that'd make want to play NC more... that'd probably be it. :p Carnage is pretty smexy too.
  19. travbrad

Cycler TRV is my favorite AR in the game, and obviously favorite on TR too
    Terminus is my favorite VS AR, sooo accurate
    GR-22 or Carnage on NC
    • Up x 1
  20. Crayv

Whenever I play my VS I actually will play medic just to use the Corvus, it has low dps but the accuracy is just amazing.

It just needs an extra mag of ammo in reserve though.