[Suggestion] Give the Sunderer Scout Radar & Engagement Radar.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Feb 15, 2016.

1. TheFlamingLemon

I agree with this a lot. Giving up the protection of a deployment shield, cloaking field, or blockade armor for this seems perfectly balanced.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

Exactly.
  3. Icedude94

I don't think scout radar would be pulled much on a sundy. If you keep your sunderer close enough to enemies for them to be picked up by the radar, you're probably running a battle bus and probably better off with blockade armor.

I often pull both offensive and defensive sunderers. By the way, any base that has a tower which can be entered from the bottom, can have a sunderer, both offensive and defensive driven up inside and deployed.

Usually what I pull is deployment shield and I run an infil with maxed out motion spotter. One of the guns on the sundy will be a kobalt. Just plop the spotter down and sit in the kobalt. Radar on the vehicle is just unnecessary. If I think the vehicle is more at risk from ranged AV weapons, I'll actually pull a medic and use the shield regen field on the sundy.

Now as for anti-air, I'd still rather have blockade armor or deploy shield on the sunderer. Sunderer anti-air weapons are pretty weak. They'll never do enough damage to a good hornet pilot who uses terrain as cover and flies low and they definitely won't stop a liberator from tankbusting/daltoning it.

The engagement radar MIGHT give you the chance to shoot first, something that most experienced players already get simply by using their ears and listening for the sounds of aircraft. It still doesn't actually do much for its anti-air effectiveness.

What would make a much better and more devious anti-air sundy(forgive me outfitmates for revealing one of our tactics), is a deployed cloak sundy with a bunch of heavies with lock-on launchers hiding inside the field. You can deploy out in the open, which is usually bad for anti-air ground units, fire your volley of missiles, and hide inside the cloak again.
  4. Who Garou

An outfitmate told me it was in the utility slot rather than the defense slot (with the proxy radar).

I went back and looked in the Update notes and couldn't find it listed.

So weird that the lightning is the only kind of vehicle that you can equip two different types of radar at the same time!

I think this one slipped through without anyone really thinking it out. I know it is in the utility slot on the other vehicles, but on the vehicles that have it, all the other kinds of radar that they can have are in the same slot.
  5. Who Garou

If it works like engagement radar does on a lighting, then Scout radar would be in the utility slot and not the defense slot, so you could have a stealth or deployment shield sundy with Scout Radar!
  6. Who Garou

agreed, but I still think it is too powerful.

And, after looking into the Lightning, you do realize that Scout radar would be slotted in the utility slot and not the defense slot and this would make it far too powerful.
  7. Pelojian

scout radar in utility on a sundie would make prox radar as a defense slot worthless.

i could see engagement radar in utility working on a sundie, after all sundies can equip dual AA weapons.

nice to have on sundies sure, seeing non-stealth aircraft is a real plus on a skyguard considering if you need FS you aren't in the position you should be as a support unit.