NS MAX HMGs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neo3602, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Gundem

Try this

• Up x 1
  2. Chewy102

Fractures already have a buff on the PTS. Just a thing of time before it hits Live. Likely coming with the construction update.

How are HMGs going to help TR more than VS? Outside of Lockdown I don't see much of a TR buff with the HMG. ZOE is just balls but VS nor TR needs the HMG anywhere close to as much NC does.

NC as a whole already loose alerts. What was their win percentages? 24-25% for NC maybe while TR have 32-34% and VS get 37-39%.

Granted that NC needs by far the most help to get to par. But I just don't feel right doing it this way.

All that said. When these things come out I am going to keep my word and buy them ASAP with cash. Maybe even the gold version if that will be a thing.
  3. Azawarau

Thats why i said pre buff

Im not sure if their AI ability will be viable after the buff
  4. Tycoh

I don't see why VS or TR need a shotgun for their maxes. The TR Onslaught and the VS Nebula are sort of better than a low mag capacity shotgun.
    • Up x 2
  5. Kristan

AI ability is why they were nerfed into the ground right after release, drawing them useless.
    They should not be effective against infantry in the first place, it's long range AV weapon.
    If you wish for versatile allrounder that kills both infantry and vehicles... well, there ya go, HMGs.
    • Up x 1
  6. thebigbortishbort

i'll admit , i will probably use these HMG's as anti air MG's with deploy , for giggles.

looking forward to these HMG's.
  7. Goretzu

Well if you compared these HMGs to say Blueshifts, it is difficult to see what kinda of NS Scattercannons they could give.

The HMGs look good, but they definately are NOT a Blueshift/Mercy equiverlent, as such, they look from the videos to be performing more like Fractures 1.0, but without any Fracture AOE and seemingly less DPS than Fracture 1.0s had (AI-wise anyway).

We'll have to see how they go Live, but in context NS MAX shotguns that performed similarly to these HMGs would have decent AV (for a MAX shotgun), but poor AI (for a MAX shotgun) and still have poor range - so they wouldn't really be like existing NC MAX shotguns.

Unless they are finally planing on actually bringing in Flamethrowers which would work as a different close up NS option for all 3 factions.
  8. Liewec123

honestly for an AI role i imagine these being no more deadly than a dual burster max...perhaps slightly,
    also NC also have a very decent range option in dual ravens ;)
  9. SwornJupiter

The fact that they can damage all armor types just shows that it's not a dedicated AI weapon.

It's not going to be NC's 'saving grace' that finally allows them to cut down enemies at extended ranges AND instagib them in CQC with their shotguns. In fact, it looks pretty bad imho, and in a few weeks, nobody will be using them over their own faction's dedicated AI/AV weapons.
  10. Pikachu

It's MAX basilisks and will be about as popular as basilisk on MBT I bet. ;)
  11. Azawarau

I never said they should be

I was replying to someone who said this benefits the NC alot but not the TR or Vanu