Sniper destroy the game

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Grandpa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. CovertYank

Stop going AFK in the middle of fields.

And stop using your shake weight while standing up. And standing still.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. pnkdth

-10/10

Obvious sh!tpost is obvious.
    • Up x 1
  3. customer548

It's good to know you're not angry and a very social person. :eek:

I have 2 questions :
    1- Did you adapt in view of the situation ?
    2- What did you do for your teammates ?
  4. Nago Jolokio

I killed a guy standing still at 100 -- 200 meters with the flashlight of a gun, Beamer. With a headshot. It took most of the ammo pool for that pistol. And you think the sniper is the problem?
    • Up x 2
  5. SupaFlea

Snipers have 2 main goal, kill the enemy and make them think twice about running blinding through open terrain, They game changes in their best scenario if they are any good. anyone who runs out in the open when they knows their are snipers on overwatch deserve their fate you wouldnt blindly run out if a ESF was waiting with rocket pods.

I'm LA primary and secondary is a assault sniper 6x bolt action front line as much as possible with occasional overwatch and i personally find panic button HA needing the extra sheild in 1vs1 or smg Infils who need the suprise element 1vs1 more cheap than camping Snipers
  6. Dramonicous

Lol this idiot...
    Ive pushed back entire zergs with sniping them within 100m (10-20 kills per min for 10min)
    Ive disrupted tank zergs by taking out their drivers during repairs, then some of their idiot gunners when they stepped out too.
    I have on occassion taken out enemy ESFs with sniper (and handgun LOL).
    I have snuck into a heavily zerg fortified base, hacked a vehicle console, pulled out a magrider.... killed 3 prowlers a lightning and barely managed to escape after my magrider got blown to hell.

But all this doesnt come close to the monster I become when running close and personnal with a SMG. You really wanna see this?
    • Up x 5
  7. PanzerGoddess

lol he might still come up with something to say to you Dram.....your xp/min is not high enough or something lol. Who knows, everytime I get dropped by a light flying shotty I think.....game is ruined, LA op now :p

but like anything else...when you deserve to die well you gonna die :cool:

Some players need to just get on and play, patience and practice makes players go a long ways, yet if you don't have either of those you are doomed to say mean things about everything on the forums.
    • Up x 1
  8. Krinsee

Most skilled and tactic minded snipers aim for Medics and Engineers. This will destroy and push, and defense if they can get a shot into the defending area. With a few decent snipers they can turn the tide of a close battle. Sniping is it's own art, while Heavies are just the mindless Zerglings.
  9. Stinneyt

This is what makes sniping worth while.
    • Up x 2
  10. slipknotaz

I gave long range sniping and go and didnt like it and got bored..when it become time to get 800 sniper rifle kills for my auraxium infil, i picked the TSAR which is the bolt action CQC. That was fun being close to the enemy and takes some skill.
    ..they choose to have a class for everyone
    Snipers dont bother me...each to their own and all that
    • Up x 1
  11. Naaahhhhh

Wtf are you talking about? manly class? You need head shots as a sniper to kill. Infiltrator is the most difficult class to play. Bad against air, tanks and maxes and only have 900 hp.

When you have problems with snipers try to countersnipe, or get flaschlight or get a light assault and chase them down. And if you get killed by snipers to far away to chase get in a house or dont stand still or get in a tank or a aircraft or a harasser or simply get good?
  12. Deprox

and then you jump out to rep and die to a sniper with your 450 nan vehicle just chillin to be destroyed
  13. Covah

Infiltator should have been a support / hacking / recon / disrupt class, not a ******* invisible hitman sniping class with 1 headshot kill capabilities.

And don't get me started about SMG's on an invisible class that can kill you even before you hear the "decloak" sound with lag.

Avoid big battles in open area if you are not playing sniper yourself, and always move they will have a harder time OSing you (or not).
  14. Stormsinger

Eh, I find snipers annoying, but not really entirely gamebreaking. The one major complaint I have is those that fire at vehicle terminals - You can set up your loadout in advance, do everything right, and the small amount of Interface lag that forces you to remain stationary is enough time to be taken out. Poor UI design that results in lag should not be an avenue through which any class can kill another - it's a bug, or a performance problem. Remove that issue, and i'm fine with having to move when out in the open.

I typically just pull my scout radar flash and comb the area - it usually lets me find cloaked sundies, sniper nests, etc. Worst case scenario, I get the satisfaction of obliterating the sniper's face with a flash Fury.
  15. Nehlis

To be fair, snipers have a significantly lower kill rate on average. besides, if you get headshot while standing still, thats on you. If you get headshot while zigzag sprinting at 300+ meters, then honestly thats more impressive than infuriating.
    You could always roll infiltrator and counter snipe them. Snipers stand still to line up a shot, so ironically they're some of the easiest targets to headshot when you know where they are.
  16. Brogan9001

All I can say is this:
    Get gud scrub. A good sniper or group of snipers can cripple an enemy force in both attack and defense. "Oh, that heavy is in a good spot to keep my teammates suppressed...and now his head exploded. How horrifying!. Oh look, the medic trying to help him just befell the same horrible fate! Oh the humanity!"
    In a squad I will often provide overwatch, mostly spotting enemies for the guys closer in, giving them intel on incoming forces. I'll take shots whenever I see someone stand/crouch still in a spot, usually behind cover. It's a pretty good system. I spot the enemies who charge them, and those who take cover from their fire, are easy pickings for me.
    Funniest moments are when I see an engineer place a mine or C4 down, hoping to get our max and I pop it in their face. That really gets people mad. In a squad it can be one of the most helpful classes there are, since I can tell people exactly what is coming so that they can be ready for it.
    Seriously dude. Snipers exist to counter well dug in heavies and engineers. Get used to that "dink" sound if you insist on standing still.
    • Up x 1
  17. Plastikfrosch

you can do that. its called "counter sniping". but yes, its annoying like pulling AA-maxes and sniping always feels lame.

thats because the default sniper-rifles of TR and VS are nearly useless. the semi-auto snipers without preinstalled 6xscopes can be used like scout-rifles and are not so bad but those two default rifles are just pointless.
  18. Ximinet

Snipers are a part of the game. Deal with it!!!
  19. Scan

Bad snipers "in the mountains" are the least of your worries. If they managed to headshot you from that distance, you were standing still for too long.

Don't get mad, get even.

Since sniping is so easy, I'm sure you'll have no problem killing the Infiltrator that just nailed you.
  20. Foxirus

Oddly enough I read that in a Russian voice..
    • Up x 1