[Suggestion] Please make ES weapons instead of NS weapons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrimsonEpsilon, Feb 19, 2016.

1. CrimsonEpsilon

With the new NS auto-pistol in the works, I can't help but feel disappointed we aren't getting more ES weapons. I know it's wishful thinking and I'm asking a lot but there have been a bunch of NS weapons to come out lately and not very many ES weapons. To me it feels a bit lazy, but I also know for a fact that it's a lot more work to make ES weapons. There is also the fact that the ES weapons will probably not generate as much revenue as the NS weapons. However more ES weapons would give me and my buddies a bit more fun than an NS weapon, especially if they weren't all the 1000 cert model.
    • Up x 3
  2. sebastian oscar post

You cant stop Nanite Systems!
  3. Pelojian

NS weapons being commonpool give DBG more people to potentially buy NS weapons and are more cost efficient in making one weapon to sell to all factions then 3 seperate ES weapons which will cost 3x as much at least to make but have less potential customers per weapon.

they get around this with cosmetics by taking some new cosmetic then slapping on team coloring to make them three separate items to milk people that play multiple factions seriously.
  4. Hegeteus

I wish for more ES weapons too and it's not a surprise since I never was hot for any NS weapons. Maybe they're being shy about it because all hell blows over each time they do release new ES weapons
  5. CrimsonEpsilon

Yes, I tired to state this within the post. What I am trying to put out however is it is much more fun for there to be new ES weapons than NS. Giving veteran players on the verge of leaving 3 weapons to partake of instead of 1 that they may not like.

Pros of making ES:
    -Better reception from players
    -More hours played per player
    -Diversifying the game

Cons:
    -Takes a lot more resources
    -Not as much revenue for DB
  6. CrimsonEpsilon

BOYCOTT THE NS WEAPONS!!!!!
  7. Hegeteus

I already took a headstart by dethroning commissioner with mag-scatter :rolleyes:
  8. Chewy102

The problem with making more ES weapons that the devs are so damned intent on giving each faction their own weapon type.

For a one off it isn't that bad. MCG, Jackhammer, and Lasher are impossible to balance between each other but there are plenty of other weapons to act as a balance foundation. No exactly fair the Lasher is the ONLY infantry based AOE weapon in the game, but we have grenades for AOE to kinda even things out.

But then we get into a prime example of how ES gear ruins balance. MAXes. Either side of the fence you sit on everyone can agree that not sharing weapon types across all factions is a BAD idea. You can never balance shotguns with MMGs, and without anything between the factions to act as a balance foundation that entire class is ****** over.

Another example is the secondary AV weapons. Long range 2ndary AV needs tuning to even them out, but the short range 2ndary AV is all jacked up from giving the factions their own weapon types. Also let us nor forget what happened with the Striker and ZOE.

In short. ES weapons are great for keeping flavor. But they are by far the worst thing in making a balanced game. I just don't trust the devs enough to make more ES gear without ******* things up even worse. The game can't survive another ES balance **** up.
  9. Littleman

The way PS2 approached weaponry and upgrades was purely for the money grab in the short term. Their "ten year plan" fizzled out after year 1 as a result.

At this point, empire identity and combat variety would improve with the removal of most carbines, ARs, and LMGs, and shotguns. Some rocket launchers (the starters) no longer have any business for existing except to put the newbie at a large disadvantage initially. And not to sound bitter, but the TR really are getting the strictly junkier versions of NS weaponry.

What the game really needs before adding more purchasable $#!% is a reality check followed by a sweeping balance pass. Probably a complete reboot and relaunch.
    • Up x 2
  10. asmodraxus

VS side arms = garbage
    VS & TR specific 'sniper' rifles are laughable (Phaseshift and Trap) as they are not sniper rifles in any definition
    VS Max special = self nerf mode
    TR AV = AA, NC AV = wire guided short range AV carnage (if from a safe spot), VS = long range low damage.
    Long range Empire specific Max AV TR = utter garbage, VS so widely used it makes the TR version seem common (ok so I exaggerate but still the Fractures are more widely used and make a bigger impact on the battlefield then the Vortex)

A serious balance pass on all weapons is needed along with putting them in some kind of sub brackets (long range, mid range and short range spay and pray).

I mean once done such things like TR and VS versions of the Jackhammer could be developed (Heavy weapon short range), or NC and TR versions of the Lasher (mid range suppression) or VS and NC versions of the MCG (mid range, rapid fire).
  11. Pikachu

I think that plan went down the toilet already 3 months after release when the game had lost 60% of the players. ;)
    • Up x 2
  12. DeadlyOmen

With all the ******** about faction specific weapons, it is easy to see why the devs prefer NS weapons.

Quit ********, get into the game, and perhaps we'll get more stuff for our side.
    • Up x 2
  13. Gammit

NS weapons make the devs more money.
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

NS weapons are:
    - easier to make (only need one design instead of three unique faction-specific ones)
    - easier to balance (all factions can use NS gear and there's no cross-faction complaints about supposedly overpowered stuff)
    - easier to make money with (since NS gear can be used account-wide, players rather purchase it via cash to use it on their alts)
    - easier to get people to use it (ES gear usually emphasizes a niche so not many people like to utilize it, whereas NS gear is very universal and not too niche)

and that's why devs like to make NS gear...
    • Up x 1
  15. Pikachu

Well said mr falcon tank, with nice colors and all. :)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. KiakoLalene

Personally, I don't think I'd mind too much if they just made a ton of ES weapons that all had the same stats as each other, but looked radically different and had different effects. That way they won't have to worry too much about balance.

As for people crying about ES weapons never being balanced with each other, they aren't supposed to be: the game is about asymmetrical balance not between individual weapons, but between the factions.

PlanetSide 1 did I pretty decent job of this, but PS2 has not.
    • Up x 1
  17. entity009

I hate using NS weapons. I feel like when I use an NS weapon I give up everything that makes my empire unique.
    • Up x 2
  18. thebigbortishbort

as much as i feel dirty using NS weapons due to lack of tr pride , wouldn't boycott them.

speaking of which where is that rocklet rifle?
    • Up x 2
  19. Pikachu

Under a Searhus tree.
    [IMG]
  20. Pat22

People are acting like we didn't just get three new Empire-Specific vehicle weapons.