[Suggestion] Overwatch/Police in Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diggsano, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Diggsano

We need an overwatch in Planetside 2...
    Some kind of people who look at reported people without their aware, so when someone is reported as aimbotter or lagwizard they handle it by watch them and even further confirm them as Strange/Suspicious

So it would be like the following:

-Player A reports Player B for using Aimbot.
    -Overwatch comes in and watches the Player B in ghostmode.
    -The overwatch sees the suspicious movement and handling of Player B.
    -The overwatch confirms it by report it into a next level.
    -The Planetside 2 checks now the PC of player B by looking for strange third programs like Macro,Scripts,Exe Files.
    -The strange third programs will be added to a greylist and filtered into a whitelist (Programs which are allowed like Recursion Stat Tracker) and Blacklist (Programs which aren't allowed like Scripts etc).

-Player B will be judged and takes consequences.
  2. Demigan

Yes, because this isn't going to be extremely resource intensive.

Just imagine how cheaters would react... Multi-boxing several cheating accounts that will start reporting dozens of people at a time so that the overwatch is too busy to watch their real character cheat.

You can't have a voluntary overwatch, not in this game where you are just as likely to hand it to a cheater as to a willing player. That would mean that to prevent a cheater from ruining people by banning them all, you would need peer-reviews, which cost even more time, especially if the cheater decides that he'll deliver video proofs of an hour long each time.

If you have a paid overwatch, you have to watch every single report made every day while there's a few thousand players running around on different servers. And the big problem with humans is that they need to eat, have a roof over their heads, want to go to the bar and drink, pay for that expensive social life. That means they want money, a lot of money. Humans are some of the most expensive resources anyone can use. Where is this money going to come from in a F2P game?

There's a reason most of these systems are handled by automatic systems. They might need a better one, but a dedicated overwatch...? Not a great idea for most games.
    • Up x 2
  3. Reclaimer77

Well they need to do something. The obvious cheating is getting worse and worse. It's really starting to impact the game experience of a lot of people.
  4. Hegeteus

I'm all for GMs and proper monitoring, but this model sounds a bit crazy if it consisted of actual players(prone to hate and salt). I wouldn't want character/account affecting implications be made based on whether someone is pink, stole your golden snowman once, uses vehicles, MAXes etc
  5. Armcross

I suspect there are already.
  6. _Kettenblatt_

In the most cases comes only a admin if somebody knows one. The most time happens nothing if you use the normal report. The idea sounds good and was writen a few time. Normally this work is more a volunteering and you must find a qualified player which can handle all the work and report abuse for free.

Sounds not legal
  7. PasitheeVS

How do you know there is no overwatch in PS2?
  8. Pirbi

I'm not sure obvious cheating is getting worse more than recent server issues get confused as cheating. I think they could prioritize reports coming from certain players that might be known as reliable. I get accused or insinuated a few times a week. So I imagine their pile of useless reports is insanely high.
  9. Taemien

How to get something like this reactivated:

1. Buy Membership
    2. Buy DBC
    3. Spend DBC on PS2 items

Enough do this, they can rehire GMs to police the servers again.
  10. entity009

I lost alot of faith in PS2 when someone linked a page hosting a cheat script and I look at the page and saw 14 pages of people commenting on how well it worked. Some even mentioned that they had been using it for an extensive period of time.

I dont understand the cheaters. Why? Winning by cheating is like reeling in a dead fish.

What they need is a program that detects the scripts, not individual people trying to run down each cheater.
  11. CovertYank

Most comments on those sites are fake anyways. Not all sites are real, most make you believe they are in order to get you to download the file filled with viruses.

And no, I've never tried it. I hate hackers as much as the next guy/girl. A little wannabe hacker told me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  12. Maxor

Actually what helps solve cheaters is banning by MAC address. That way they need to buy a new network card or mobo and most people who cheat in F2P games are too ******* cheap to do that.

That or ya know back when it was SOE they could have taken a harder stand point on banning people considering when the game started if you were obviously hacking you could get banned from a week to 2 months. That's not very long in many cases.
    There was one guy that was banned for aim hacking since he twitch streamed it and was back playing in 3 weeks.

Now I know people can spoof MAC addresses but there is other things you can grab in system info that cant be spoofed.
  13. zuka7

I'm sure that they do have spectators with ban hammers. Few days ago I got sniped three times by a obvious aimboter and esp hacker. All HS within 2 min by a BR 12 with 100% HS ratio,15 KDR and total of 240 kills. First time he got me was when I was on the roof top as LA. I first thought dangerous sniper he is denying me roof top got to go and get him.
    So I go after him and his camping spot on the tall rocks only accessible by LA and he snipes me with the HS as soon as I peaked cover. NO WAY he could have guessed from that far away where I would peak. Third time I spawned from the adjacent base 100m behind him. He instantly turns and HS me again from 50m. Finally I manged to get him with the help of another LA who died trying but it gave me time to out dps his beamer which also had 100 HS ratio. I most likely caught him reloading his parallax or he ran out of bullets.

I go and check the kill board to see his stats and report this hacker in game. This is what I wrote. "Obvious hax. Aimbot and esp. Please do something". Within two minutes his character disapeared from my kill board and and it showed as NA. When you do a search for his character it does not exist anymore.

edit: He always got me with the first shot and never missed. Instant HS