VS Cheat Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blackweb, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Snow Sheltie

So many people acting like crappy politicians with their personal attacks instead of attacking the subject of the thread. There are words I use to describe such people but daybreak forum rules won't let me, so I'll use this as an alternative.

__________________________________________________________________________________

So many people are willing to say up and front that the NC max's anti-infantry abilities are overpowered while completely overlooking the ridiculously long reload time for those weapons. It is the NC max's achilles heel. If you decide to use dual hacksaws for example, you will spend more time reloading than shooting! If you save up for the extended mags, you'll spend as much time shooting as reloading. This is compared to the other factions who can straight-up fire longer than the time they need to reload without extended magazines. I'll watch the smart players wait for an NC max to finish their initial volley, then attack while the max is stuck reloading. That being said, a single NC max is only good for stopping an initial wave of infantry rushing his position. If the wave doesn't stop after three seconds or more, then that max is in big trouble.

For VS weapons, I'll only make the comment on the VS lasher being overpowered in a support role. Two or more of these spamming in the general direction of a doorway or hallway will start racking up kills without much effort on their part. Its splash damage is what makes it unique to this role and the best infantry weapon for suppressing enemy positions.
    • Up x 1
  2. Negator

your linked stats make your post quite ironic.
  3. Moridin6

If you fall prey to "lasher spam", try a different hallway, problem solved..

i love my lashers, dont get me wrong, but i love them for their idea and aesthetics , not for their versatility or power.

there's a very small few times the lasher shines, mostly its just a fun way to get yourself killed
    • Up x 1
  4. Hegeteus

Men.. the bits with jackhammer and roll-eyes should at least have alerted you by now if nothing else :D I suspect "all publicity is good publicity" shenanigans. He has made similar threads about various factions and weapons, but they've always been equally outrageous
  5. Ronin Oni

Jackhammer isn't used because Cyclone is so much more versatile...

Believe me, if TR or VS had JackHammer, it'd get used.

JackHammer is by and far the best shotgun avail, which ergo means it's the best CQC weapon available...

in the entire game.

Lasher is the only rapid fire splash weapon, and while the splash is pitifully low, it's enough to help cause suppression and en mass allows for area denial. For this reason it IS a very nice addition to the aresenal, however individually it's certainly NOT OP, and in fact quite weak individually (like the Lancer as it happens, and like the lancer, scales quite nicely... but then, so does Striker for AA and Phoenix for untouchable close range AV and sundy popping)

Also, it's only a matter of time until the NS Thumper gets released as an HA weapon, which may even take the RL slot which would remove the weakness of giving up your 1v1 strength and an EASY trade in Inf fights.
    • Up x 1
  6. H4YW1R3

It is hard to believe how players will actually brag about being a member of any of the ****ter zerg outfits, let alone admit to leading one of them.

Granted, even though AOD, 382, DaPP, and PHX are the jokes of P2/Emerald, I feel PHX is better than the rest. Which isn't saying much. But at least I've seen PHX stick in a fight after the odds were even or went against them. The rest zerg down a lane til they meet resistance, then flee to zerg other undefended/scarcely defended bases. Over and over. AOD being the worst for it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

I dunno about that. Would VS/TR HAs use the JH more %-wise than NC HAs? I actually think they wouldn't, and might (maybe) even use it less.
  8. mersh21

Maybe, JUST maybe, your VS character has better stats because you learned the game on NC, and spent a lot of time in the early BRs on NC not being very good, by the time you played VS you had already gotten a good feel for the game.

This is also true for those that spent their learning days on VS and TR, where they had to excel at aiming because their weapons were lower tier damage than NC, and by the time they switched to NC they were very good at aiming already and just got enhanced damage.

After playing exclusively NC for the first year of this game, once i started main-ing VS, and to a lesser extent, TR, I realized that I had to become A LOT better at aiming to offset the lower damage of the non-NC guns. That I believe is the main skill difference between the people that only play NC (who only plays one faction anymore anyway?) and those that bounce around.

The comparison of the AI MAXes is a little off as well. Sure the Blueshifts are full auto, but they do far less damage, and have a much longer reload time than an NC with Mattocks...Everytime i have faced a half-way decent player in a CQB AI MAX duel, the NC always won. For NC AI MAX, Mattocks are way more preferred by the "good" players, because Hacksaws are only worth one second. Comparing NC AI MAX with VS and using Hacksaws vs Blueshifts, just shows your stubbornness to try something that works better. And a Mattocks with slugs is effective just as far as a Blueshift is. And now with the prevalence of Archers, taking out a VS MAX at range is pretty easy with organization that PHX platoons claim to have.

However, I invite you to try something. Play one SOLID month of VS only. Use only VS guns, no NS. Then come back here and tell us what you think. I can tell you that my experience with the shift was awful. I'd be curious what yours is.

And Snowsheltie, you can't complain about everyone dragging PHX through the mud instead of talking about the thread's subject. All of Blackweb's responses to people posting here have been pretty derogatory. Regardless of how on topic people are, he is just blasting their opinions/experiences as wrong, just because they don't align with his own. And then he started calling VS ********.

PHX is dragged through the mud because Blackweb, its leader, and you its laughable XO, are absolutely delirious in your holier- than-thou attitudes. The way you both treat anyone with an opinion different than your own is despicable. You never want to have an objectified conversation, you just post threads like this and admonish everyone that doesn't agree with you.
  9. Dethonlegs

10. user101

Don't you know that VS are the biggest cry babies on PS2. If they balanced the game all the VS would quit.
    • Up x 1
  11. Moridin6

*giggles*

so much stupid in this thread
    • Up x 2
  12. Snow Sheltie

You were in Phoenix Battalion for quite a while. You of all people should be aware of how little Blackweb directly leads the majority of the day-to-day operations of the outfit.

Then you, someone who's played the game many hours with me, decide that you will throw me, Hebe, Pirbi, and all the other officers, and the rest of the outfit as well, as clones of Blackweb. Its equivalent of me throwing out some generic stereotypical racist slur about any group of your choosing without any facts to back it up or in your case, outright lying. Whatever respect I've had for you is gone.

You'll have to excuse me for the lack of experience with maxes. I hate using the shotguns on the NC maxes, and that's a personal style preference. As such, I'll spend my certs on weapons and vehicles I enjoy more. I did not mention the max vs max scenario in my previous post, and you are correct that the NC maxes will outgun the VS max in close quarters. This is a 1v1 scenario, which is almost never the case in a large battle.

Archers, a max killer's favorite toy, and a high-priced luxury item. Your words give me the impression you believe this weapon is something unlocked with only 100 certs. Since the weapon requires you give up your primary rifle for a gun that is sub-par vs infantry (and rightly so) and only effective vs a max, few players have one readily available, especially at a moment's notice. Rocket launchers tend to do a better job of max control unless the fight is in an open field.
  13. Moridin6

14. Savadrin

You attacking stats after taking the bait, however, is not ironic. Tiny brain loses again.
  15. Negator

youre right. What kind of person am i for using things like "facts" or "empirical data" to make a point?

All hail feelies!
  16. Savadrin

So say we all
  17. Negator

well, if you support the OP, then you dont.
  18. Savadrin

I don't. It's a troll post and I responded in kind.

The real irony in both sets of my ****** stats (self-admitted) is that the VS (Savadrin) was my first shooter game character in history, created a couple months ago. The TR is my second. There's already improvement there and it's got nothing (or very little) to do with faction differences, and more with me starting to learn wtf I'm supposed to be doing and how.

I liked the feel of TR weapons over VS, and if I'm ever able to learn to aim, I might like NC weapons even more.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ronin Oni

If I wanted a short ranged, tower fight weapon on VS/TR.... on an HA (honestly I always run LA or Medic in these fights)...

And my options were the LMGs (MSW/Orion are good but not absolute CQC dominant), SMG's, and Shotguns....

I'd take the Jackhammer over any of the SMG's on TR/VS... On NC.... It's a much tougher choice with the Cyclone as an option.

That's all I was saying really. It's more to do with just how damn good the Cyclone is than the JackHammer (which IS good, though like all CQC weapons, relatively situational)
  20. Boatsniper

Let's not forget about the Betelgeuse. It's the only primary weapon VS Heavies ever use. Really. It almost seems like it fires two bullets instead of one.
    • Up x 1