[Suggestion] Rework ALL the guns(Some ballistics.)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Benton582, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Benton582

Game Mechanics: http://www.roblox.com/games/292439477/NEW-GUNS-Phantom-Forces-Beta
    And what would happen if Planetside 2 had this kind of combat, PLAY IT FIRST.

Benefits:
    -Overall HP will be 100 for HP and 100 for shield. Infiltrators will get less, only 90 for shield.
    -More newbie friendly game with less skill-based combat, but more towards in favor for newbies to be more motivated by being able to influence a fight. Includes faster bullet velocity and uses less intensive computing for the servers. Will require a full rework of guns though.
    -Less ill moments of imbalance, such as allocating team balance based on skill. And instead of XP bonuses influenced by population, do it by BR instead, such as facing much more skilled players than you.
    -Require joining fire-teams, and allow one player in that fireteam to allow spawn on them every 30 seconds. Due to the fact that people can die fairly quickly.
    -Riot shields for HAs should be introduced to protect against incoming fire, and will be useless against ballistic weapons, but will protect against a limited around of gunfire for a while. This will be released with a construction system that is cheaper for most to use, and support classes will gain a deploy-able shield except infiltrator and medic, whom infiltrator will get a cloak bubble similar to the sundee cloak. Engineer will get what is released so far. And will take up a utility slot. Nanoweave will need to be removed due to how stupid it works on HAs.
    -MAXs will be reduced in health, and armor resistance will remain the same. Balance will work by improving the efficiency of weapons.
    -Healing will see the removal of health capsules, due to spamming of it causing problems in the community even now, due to spammable nature. And medic healing will give a bit of damage resistance and quicker healing, but healing will not work during being fired upon, damage resistance will still function.
    -Some implants will need to be modified, such as Healing which will be debuffed to match current levels, but counts as HP generation, +1 Hp/sec per level for example.
    -Snipers will work the same, headshot=insta kill, except for HA with riot shield.
    -More realistic, this game is meant to be based in the future, not stinking dark ages. Even old guns outclass the guns in this game.
    -Does not require much vehicle rework, as damage scaling works for it as well.

Problems: (Small due to the fact I do not know much about how the game works.)
    -Obviously take up alot of dev time.
    -Engine rework, as previously mentioned, the current GAME ENGINE has problems going past 1000 rpm,(but then again, it's already fine) and probably bullet velocity as well.
    -Bugs. And lots of optimizing.
    -Backlash by the BR100 community, fearing that their pro days are numbered. And might require a reset on everything, except for boosts, weapons, etc.

May have much more to add, but honestly, I am getting too tired of the game mechanics right now, and so is most of the community. This game hates newbies, due to how long it takes to kill someone. Not everyone has split millisecond aim. This game should be ASHAMED on how many players normally play it, and has a bit more than us, with upwards of 4-8k a day of players playing it. Compared to a pitiful 4-6k we have, WORLDWIDE. That is embarrassing.
  2. AxiomInsanity87

So this is what happens when bf4 and r6 siege procreate.
  3. DeadlyOmen

Any mention of balance in a game that does not have immutable physics is complete, arbitrary, self-serving, NONSENSE.
  4. ColonelChingles

Well...

Short TTKs (ARMA, more realistic games) promote tactics and positioning. Seeing the enemy and shooting at them first means that the enemy will probably be dead, so combat would be about flanking and manuever.

Long TTKs (Borderlands, arcade shooters) promote gunplay. Doesn't matter if you get the first shot off, because the enemy still has enough time to turn around and score a string of headshots, turning the outcome of a fight.

The problem with short TTKs is that you often feel that you were killed out of nowhere or that you did not have a chance to fight back.
    The problem with long TTKs is that you often feel that you weren't rewarded for flanking the enemy and applying advanced tactics.

Personally... I would like to see velocities increased a bit. Yes there is a "range compression" effect in PS2, but bullets still feel fairly sluggish. Increased velocity could be offset by increased recoil (not CoF), making combat at range more difficult.
  5. Pikachu

You dont happen to be the alt account of TheFamilyGhost? :rolleyes:

On topic, you really think the devs are going to do all this rework? Drastic changes all of a sudden. Or just ventilating ideas? ;) I wish they would rework the skybox but I have no delusion that they will. They cant even bothet to sync the sun and the sky on Amerish and VR.
  6. FateJH

This game can't be balanced very well. I have at least 1k/d.
  7. user101

yup, guns need a lot more vertical kick on firing and a lot more smoke from them firing, big long firings should leave smoke all around them with limited distance. Same for VS should have plasma hase.
  8. Benton582

Then again, not being able to shoot back EVEN at point blank is even more stupid. I literally shoot at a guy while moving, and I HAVE TO COMPENSATE even for that, and also considering I have to cap FPS at 45 or else my iGPU will fail. I don't know what's wrong with the mechanics, but obviously, bullet velocity is a big problem. Also, Long TTKs are truly difficult for this type of game, aside from infiltrator sniper weapons and other ballistics. I tried to bring 4 friends into this game, and they hated the game, with both good tier and bad tier computers. All complained about the TTKs, in HP and bullet velocity. And honestly, shooting a enemy at .5 seconds before and the enemy winning, which new players always find, is absolutely stupid, and considering over half the community by now is BR100 and higher, is even more stupid. This game doesn't satisfy players as much in gun mechanics than a ROBLOX game. I honestly at this point given up this game. Three YEARS of the same mechanics, and Daybreak still has nothing to show for it. The current system satisfies only the BR100s.
  9. Benton582

Lol, I love that skybox comment. But please do mention your standpoint on this, as I want to know if this is a valid thesis. Also, assume if they did do this. If you don't want to, it's fine.
  10. Benton582

BR100 much? Because I played for three years, and still can't be happy with it. Also, please comment on the topic. Thank you.
  11. FateJH

I am talking about the game you linked to, not PlanetSide 2.
  12. Benton582

At least the guns in Phantom Forces actually make it easier to do stuff, and works kinda well with the new features incoming. And with partner spawn on, it won't be as horrible and unfair, but more teamwork. The recoil is more straight, and less dumb annoyances.
  13. Benton582

Oh sorry, I didn't realize it. But anyways, considering the players are kids, that's fairly obvious. My idea isn't much well thought out yet, I just want to see input of how good/bad it would be. Maybe a bit more health would help.
  14. GhostAvatar

This is so wrong, its not even anymore words in response.
  15. Benton582

Well, try it, and give a response, your silence here helps no one.
  16. Nepau

Don't forget that Short TTK has a Massive affect in a variable lag environment. It tends to mean that those with the best ping win far more then they should against an opponent that is of equal skill.
  17. AlterEgo

Sounds pretty deathmatch-y to me.
  18. omegaskorpion

- I dont like idea of making game more noob friendly by making TTK short.
    There arent many games with longer TTK and that is bad thing, since in short TTK games everything is about having best DPS weapon and that kills variety.
    BF4 has short TTK but not as short as many others. Now in realistic games the short TTK makes sense as the guns have more recoil and more spread (example DOD:S, players realy cant hit anything if they are running or moving)

- To balance empires with lower pop, there could be a small solution for that, like low pop empire getting AI bots for as replacement until the empire has high enough player pop.

- PS2 was made to have slightly longer TTK so i hope that does not change.
    Current Velocities dont really seem that bad to me.

- New players propably would stay longer in PS2 if they would not need to grind for the basic stuff. New players have to get attachements for their weapons to make them better, they have to max all their suit slots for all the classes, they have to spend over 17000 certs to max out their tanks ammo capacity, reload speed, chasis, secondary, utility + al lthe other vehicles to make them more compedetive against veterans and after that you can think of changing the weapon.

I think there should be less grind in all that, like removing all the ammo capacity upgrades from vehicles and replacing them with differend ammo types for instance. Players should have one maxed suit upgrade and tank upgrades for start, so they can focus on playing and then focus on getting all the other upgrades if they think they need them.
    (also 100% required upgrades like soft point ammo for smg is just stealing)

- Riot/Tactical shields would be good addition. However players should be able to use secondary with them, and engi could have riot shield too, similar to the nc max shield.

- Reducing MAX health would be fine, if they would cost less in return (1000 less health and cost of 150)

- I dont like idea that ALL snipers would be one shot to head, however i would like if they would tweak all the snipers, the more spammy nature ones will have better rof and hip accuracy but lower damage like always, however the starting semi auto snipers (+ the NC copy of those) should have 1 shot to the head enough to kill, however they will have less Roff than current ones and slighly smaller mags.

- The implants are strange since they are kinda required but take energy all the time, so who wins here? a new player cant afford buying charges and veterans dont want to buy charges for them. Implants should be remade as the current system is just half-*****.
  19. Benton582

Considering we ALREADY have that problem, and less load on server i/o due to less numbers, it actually depends on server hardware, and server location. Ping is basically time in between, I bet you know it, but is usually 90ms and below, and should not affect gameplay very much, even if the velocity is faster.
  20. Benton582

DID YOU EVEN TRY THE GAME I PUT UP?
    -First paragraph, you contradicted yourself, please revise.
    -Bots would require VERY extensive dev work and would cause alot of server load, and its game engine would have much more trouble with lag.
    -PS2 TTKs is HORRIBLE, a new-med player can't even react in time due to the stupid fact that you have to compensate at point-blank range. It takes 3-5 seconds to kill someone, and newbies can't compete with BR100s or people with better gaming machines as long as they strife quickly. No player wants to play this way due to the fact that's not how it should work. And this community needs change. We have a overwhelmingly large BR100+ community. The pros at this point are LITERALLY killing the game as well. The lower community can't even ENJOY the game without dying 80 times over.
    -NOT EVEN, it's so horrible to the point where even fixing that would not fix TTK problems. Proven over and over in Koltyr, still too much of a gap. And focus on weapons, not ballistics/vehicles please.
    -Different ammo types would further confuse players and make them want to quit more. It would make BR100s even more of a gap. Just. No..
    -Riot shields are made for long/close distance defense. So when the TTK goes down, the barren landscape wouldn't be too difficult to push. Also with the construction system, it would fix long distance as well.
    -Snipers already one-shot. There is no point in changing this due to it making things less difficult.
    -Implants are a different topic. However, in this situation, they would have more benefits and be less OP.