[Video] NS Auto Pistol Preview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Razeroth, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Razeroth

• Up x 5
  2. SwornJupiter

I'm glad they're getting around to introducing new weapons, whether NS or ES (unpopular opinion, i know). The only thing I really have a problem with is its ADS accuracy. A sidearm like this should not (imo) be capable of performing on par with primary weapons. The mix of lack of recoil and very very reliable DPS will make it a nightmare for even some of the most proficient players out there.

Some stronger horizontal/vertical recoil ought to fix the problem - increase the skill floor (and ceiling). It's way too user friendly and I'm afraid it would make all other secondaries obsolete.
    • Up x 2
  3. DooDooBreff

cool video but i think its kinda cheesy that theyre making NS into TR for the other factions
    • Up x 1
  4. Razeroth

Horizontal recoil unless in one direction just adds RNG that is the problem.
  5. SwornJupiter

I thought pistols were all about RNG - they're supposed to be a 'finisher', to finish off a low-health target.
  6. Armcross

TR victim complex I have.
    • Up x 1
  7. ColonelChingles

They gave everyone NC revolver hand cannons... I think it's a matter of time before we all get charge-up sidearms as well!
  8. AxiomInsanity87

Serpent

GD-7F

Why doesn't tr get any 200 damage or heat mechanics?

That was rhetorical by the way and in a whining fashion, not rude.
  9. Liewec123

meh, everyone's been enjoying the slow-firing hard-hitting Decimator and Commie for years, they should have been NC's ;)
    baron too is pretty much a pump action jackhammer.

honestly though i'm not too worried about the actual function of the things they're releasing,
    only that its more cross faction stuff, we need more faction diversity, not less!
    • Up x 1
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

really hope they change its sound before release. i wanna have a beefy Uzi/Mac-10 type bad4ss machinepistol sound for my ghettostyle shootouts with this thang, ohh yeah!
  11. DooDooBreff

i see your point, but by increasing diversity, you lose identity.
    • Up x 1
  12. Armcross

What?
    • Up x 2
  13. Liewec123

huh? XD
  14. Crayv

I'm not exactly sure how it will compete with the Commish.

Personally I am okay with secondaries having similar TTK and accuracy to primaries but mag size being the main limiting factor.
  15. RainbowDash9

did you just call the stock heat pipes? :eek:
    • Up x 1
  16. Crayv

I think he did.
  17. DooDooBreff

is english is not your first language?

ill put in easier terms for ya......

once you give everyone the same crap, whats the difference between the factions other than colors?
  18. Liewec123

increasing diversity means adding MORE faction flavour, things that are different to the other factions (I.E faction identity) ;)
    • Up x 2
  19. RainbowDash9

rekt
  20. DooDooBreff

i know you guys feel like you have to be right and all but...... making everyone have the same thing means the opposite of diversity, you morons..... lol

or are the kids using common core vocabulary these days aswell.