New NS Autopistol

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Shaengar, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Shaengar

It will probably be a very nice addidtion for Stalker Cloakers once it goes live.

What I particularly like about it is ist high magazine size. I am looking Forward to using it with EMP grenades on large groups of enemies draining their shields and mowing them all down with my 30 rounds mag.

What do you think about the new NS Autopistol?
    • Up x 1
  2. Eternaloptimist

LIke a pocket carbine or SMG? to go with the Blackhand pocket sniper and the Commissioner pocket cannon?

Sure, it's a nice looking thing and as a stalker I'm keen to have a go but I'm sad for the TX1 Repeater (and the other burst pistols to a slightly lesser degree).
  3. Diggsano

It takes too much time and bullets (in review) to kill someone, i think as stalker you will have to less magazines to kill multiple people so you will have a constantly need for ammo and that will be your main problem. Also compared to commissioner and underboss is this weapon just weak YET.
  4. CuteBeaver

Learning to Shadow

If you want to see what is like to use "tailing" style weapons consider using weapons like the Beamer / Mag Shot / Emperor or to a lesser extent 2x burst pistols like Spiker/ Rebel. However the burst pistols will be slightly harder to use because of the recoil management. Funny enough Mustarde automatically went towards the shadowing / tailing play-style during his stalking tips video. Consider using medkits, which would free up the implant slot for enhanced targeting or sensor shield. Ammo belt would probably be another excellent choice.

So instead of looking at the new NS Pistol in comparison to weapons that are designed for CQC consider what it could be from farther away with less damage loss at a distance. Faster time to kill over what we have available because what we currently use is heavily punished when operating at ideal ranges for safety.. If the weapon is also accurate consider that we as stalkers have a better chance for HSO (head shot openers) As player skills improve this benefit only gets sweeter.
    • Up x 2
  5. SuperTrooperWaterloo

Fractures gone
    Striker gone
    GK nerf
    Soon AMP gone
    Useless topspeed faction traits that never gave me an advantage in 3 years.
    Many high RPM/Magazine weapons but still same recoil behaviour as everyone else during constant fire.

Now:
    Swarm for everyone
    Upcoming NS-Auto pistol for everyone with stats so good that it will definetly replace the AMP, which was unique in its way to TR before.

Sry, but as a TR Vet all i see here is the Dev´s giving away our unique stuff one by one to everyone and give us nothing in return.
    We already got a punch in the face with the striker. A nerf that made the ES launcher useless because it was "gamebreaking" with its performance. Later they gave everyone a better version of it as we now know as the Swarm.
    Cant you really tell with this move that mby you treat some people unfair? Now the same only without the nerf?

What was so unique about TR again? I cant tell it anymore.
    I could point it out for NC and VS and dont even have to think about it.

Could i please get a Dev answer here? Not some random people trying to explain it to me...
    I would post it on reddit but people will downvote it faster than i can watch, even Wrel was talking about the TR victim complex as his defense but at the same time they do things like i told above.

A Dev answer about the status of the Terran Republic, what´s so special about it nowadays and why people should join them.
    • Up x 1
  6. CuteBeaver

TR AMP is a short range sidearm that unloads rapidly and looses its appeal at range. NS Auto Pistol is hardly the same thing. AMP can kill very quickly and is already an excellent choice for ambushing. The way people will end up using these two weapons will be completely different. Oh wait your mad because TR are will no longer be the only faction with fully automatic sidearms? Please, TR faction trait is having larger magazines and increased fire rate, not necessarily hording "fully automatic as a feature". I play all three factions and i see no problem with this. It is not a carbon copy of the AMP, not even close.
    • Up x 4
  7. Deffington

It is not finished yet and now it's too accurate. I expect the weapon became closer to AMP in it's final state.
  8. ShotMeTender

Agree on every single point.... Pistols are completely unbalanced compared to every single weapons, the only pistol which seems to barely work properly is the LA8 Rebel which can provide a 250 damage/16mt and for what is my opinion, it is the very very minimal power to allows infiltrators and light assault to do their job... I already posted a lot of time ago what should be a good idea for VS pistols and the resulting feedback for other faction.....

Making an example the beamer is actually the most nerfed psitol of VS, no accuracy at all high rate of fire on a totally lack of damage weapon, so u are forced to click many many times on the mouse hoping do not modify ur aim position in order to score a single kill, even on infiltrators....

Beamer damages now: 168/10mt 100/60mt

Beamer how should be: 190/15mt 120/50mt (never understood why to evaluate on 60mt instead of 50mt, well PS2 Mistery o_O)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another example is the manticore:

Manticore damages now: 200/10mt 112/60mt

Manticore how should be: 220/16mt 130/50mt
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After that is completely sensed to modify carbines damage as well which has many nonsensed statistic as Solstice VE3 got the same standard damage of beamer...

Therefore a carbine should claim its damage this way....

Solstice now: 143/10mt 112/60mt

Solstice how should be: 170/80mt 145/120mt

Basically we can say that PS2 has been build on wrong damage and statistics, which ofter get ALMOST balanced by rate of fire, but when u try to use something so "tight bonused" as a pistol in a war contest, then u realize tons of mistakes and nonsensed stat we are still carrying with us on 2016.... We need to get a move and fix what is wrong....
    First of all, ridicolous pathetic damage of some rocket launcher compared to a blazing overpowering of some LMG... I am not saying to nerf nor to improve drastically, just saying "DB get a ******* real weapons manual, study and understand what "carabine" means, "pistols" means, "rocket launcher" means and balance it God commands!"

(One last think -.- Medium range sniper rifle 400 dmg/10mts, revolver pistol 450dmg/10mts. Clint Eastwood is a good actor but please, do not contact him anymore for such things...And tell me why the hell should u evaluate a sniper rifle on 10 dammit meters!!!!!???)
  9. Xybranus

It's like no one actually watched the video.

The NS AutoPistol is more setup to compliment Archer Engineers, shotgun users, and Stalker Infiltrators who want a bit more range and controllability. If you listen in the video, the NS Autopistol is extremely controllable, but only does 112 damage per bullet at it's closest damage range. It puts it at nearly a fully second for an unassisted TTK, which, by PS2's standards, is practically suicide in a stand up fight.

This thing isn't going to be taking or detracting from any one faction, playstyle, or weapon. It's adding to what's already there.
    • Up x 1
  10. ShotMeTender

U didn-t get the point... I do not think that feat will ruin the game, i am saying it will a full **** up failure as all other pistols cuz the basic damage comparison between weapons is a crap!!! Do u know what it means having to waste 12/17 bullet for kill a non shielded heavy assault of lvl 20 about?!??! Can't u see how nonsensed is having a magazine of 17 rounds and waste almost all of it to take down a single player??!!

Just try to imagine how many real bullet do you need to get down a soldier in real life and the full capacity of a common carbine..

I will help u see the truth by telling u: 1/3 bullet needed per target for a 30+1 magazine capacity!!

And let's also say that even with a 150 magazine for every single pistol damages are pathetically downsided compared to every other weapon in the game... What u are going to do actually is lurking/spoiling/stealing every single ******* kill to ur mates, just a not requested support soldier... This is not playing, this is laming, as well as camping on terminal for standing headshot everyone.

Sorry, but u don't get the point, NS pistol or not, things must changes anyway!
  11. Eternaloptimist

I've only used it recently so I didn't know it had been nerfed before I got around to it. I have to say I have racked up quite a few kills with it. Although, as a stalker I tend to creep up to point blank range and spam away until my target goes down, whatever pistol I'm using. Can't say I've noticed a problem compared to, say, the Magshot. But generally I don't revert to pistol for anything other than close range, preferably stationary targets (snipers, guys on mana turrets and firing rocket launchers or at a vehicle terminal, or just stopping to adjust their underpants..........). I'll take on someone who is moving if I have the Repeater but that's a totally different piece of kit.
  12. Leivve

Anyone notice that when the TR get something cool, NS will eventually have something just like it?
  13. CuteBeaver

I think I read somewhere on reddit weeks ago sidearms were getting looked at. You might just get your wish. I don't remember specifics it was late and I was sleepy.
  14. ShotMeTender

I hope so, cuz a pistol is supposed to be a crap on long distance and a good primal choice on short distance if combined with a stealth system (just to avoi direct in dog engage and get a target from its rear), at the moment u can get ur target from back and start preying for a 5 head hit to stand a chance.... Kinda a **** balance...

Just start to say i think TR are the most easy play faction in the game, u just need to get close to the infantry target and claiming ur 50%+ chance to win the fight... But in reference to ur question i will tell u this:

NS is the most technologically neat to TR equipment, in PS2 history they are almost the same thing, that's why i agree to have both some similar point, but ONLY in a "Visual" contest, i mean real bullets, weaver rail to attach items, and perhaps some statistic....

This doesn't mean to use TR as a beta test to give a better version to NS items, and probably DB didn't understand that yet. Yes i think u are right, TR should be nerfed a bit, but this is not the right way to do it, AMP (for exapmle) should surely be a unique piece only designed for TR, and giving a better similar weapon to NS will be a clear wrong way to nerf u guys once more.... I already suggested to DEVS to reduce a bit rate of fire and ammo spam on TR, just increasing a little bit damages (and perhaps give u a better firing noise, cuz atm u really **** ears to other players). A proper way to balance woluld be -20% ROF +15% damage, and keeping ofc a best sized mag capacity which was a "classic" feat for TR.

Taunting red players by giving bad copy is the childish way to unbalance the game once more....
  15. Diggsano

Now look at the Empire specific Pistol "equivalents" of the AMP

VS Spiker.....Bullsheet
    NC Scatpistol....also Bullsheet

Why should the TR AMP not be Bullsheet too then? Why do you want that the TR only get the good one of the three?

The NS Autopistol will Balance the game...it isn't even OP; I will drop any wannabe Stalker with the NS Autopistol with a Commissioner or Crossbow...what i try to say is that the NS Autopistol WILL need to much time to kill and that will destroy every good stalker run, trust me. (At this point i am looking forward to increase my KD from that wannabes :D )

You know, everyone prefers the Repeater more then that inaccurate piece of plastic AMP...even the other factions...

And that is what the stalker actually wanted....a new pistol with less time to kill then the Revolver...but hey.....New gun so anybody must have it...

The NC and VS will always trade their ES Pistols for the NS....but the TR has really a better option in this opinion.
  16. ShotMeTender

AMP is not that good at all, just easier to use but still talking about the usual "roll of dice", if something goes wrong during stealth engage u are done!| Cuz if the target moves dodging 6-9 bullet, u will never score the kill even with is RoF.

NS auto will be useless as well as every pistol in the game , u will notice they will give it a lesser RoF of 300 RPM, and considering the 112 damage u will ride on the same crappy horse.

This is not a balance/unbalance discussion, we are talking about: Automatic or not pistols must be looked into, first of all their ridicolous damage at short range, their nonsensed muzzle speed and even more.

Do you really think TR got always the best stuff??? Pfff don't make me laught, the only OP faction atm is NC, but in real, they are only more close then other faction of how weapons should be, therefore we can say VS and TR are too much nerfed and NC are almost good... Do you prefer to have NC nerfed as well or have all your VS/TR stuff working good as it should be???
    Personally i would choose the second option!!!
    And btw, spiker only sux on charged bullet, cuz its nonsensed concept to charge power while u are on a short range imminent engage weapon, the other stats still looks **** as any other pistols... Wanna deeply complay a side arms?? Look at ******* immortal which has none of the statistics in his description!
  17. Frightning89

Lets look at some stats:
    Damage per magazine:
    NC NC4 Mag-Shot: 3000@10m down to 2240@60m
    NC LA8 Rebel: 2500@15m down to 1430@60m
    NC LA3 Desperado: 2338@8m down to 1400@50m
    TR TX1 Repeater: 2352@8m down to 1617@50m
    TR TX2 Emperor: 3507@15m down to 2352@60m
    TR TS2 Inquisitor: 4290@10m down to 2730@50m
    VS Beamer VS3: 2839@10m down to 1700@60m
    VS Manticore SX40: 3000@10m down to 1680@60m
    VS Cerberus: 2500@8m down to 1120@50m
    Bodyshot TTK: assume all shots hit body, first shot at time t=0
    NC NC4 Mag-Shot: 0.68@10m increases to 1.36@60m
    NC LA8 Rebel: 0.69@15m increases to 1.38@60m
    NC LA3 Desperado: 0.6@8m increases to 1.08@50m
    TR TX1 Repeater: 0.568@8m increases to 0.852@50m
    TR TX2 Emperor: 0.75@15m increases to 1.2@60m
    TR TS2 Inquisitor: 0.678@10m increases to 1.13@60m
    VS Beamer VS3: 0.665@10m increases to 1.197@60m
    VS Manticore SX40: 0.68@10m increases to 1.36@60m
    VS Cerberus: 0.6@8m increases to 1.6@50m

Overall I'd say the TR pistols are winning compared to their NC and VS equivalents: They typically have better damage per magazine (meaning you can throw more damage at your opponent(s) before needing to reload, also means you can miss more and still finish off the target), and yet also have comparable or better TTK (granted with their higher fire rates, they are more prone to over/under-sampling and hence in practice that advantage probably disappears). Didn't look at ES pistols because those aren't really comparable (and the TR one is the most versatile, and hence arguably the most usable).

Now pistols in general are certainly a LOT weaker than primary weapons, which is maybe something that should be looked at (they should be weaker, but maybe the gap is too large atm).

As an interesting side-note, the NS-357 Underboss and NS-44 Commissioner are honestly better than Factional pistols anyways:
    Damage per Magazine:
    NS-357 Underboss: 2250@8m down to 1200@42m
    NS-44 Commissioner: 2700@8m down to 1350@42m
    TTK: (same conditions as before)
    NS-357 Underboss: 0.546@8m increases to 1.092@42m
    NS-44 Commissioner: 0.706@8m increases to 1.412@42m

Note that scoring a headshot with your first shot significantly lowers the TTK for these weapons (far more than for factional pistols), so even their TTK tends to be better in practice.
    • Up x 2
  18. ShotMeTender

You didn't understand a hell about game mechanics, sorry.... :O

If u miss more hit, u do not have good chance at all to still kill the target, cuz the target will rip ur *** into bleeding stripes!

A lot of shots available only means u can score more assist, but with a 143 damage and 30 rounds like on inquisitor u need to be quick, accurate and really good on target choice, otherwise u will try over and over and die over and over again!

Personally i think NC are the closest to the good balance, but i mean a few close and no more... In ur estimation u just forget to mess with fire **** per pistols, that means ur calculation is severally incomplete, and u still need to consider YOU ARE NOT SHOOTING TO A VR DUMMIE!

And yes, the gape is too large atm, many times u just can't shut down a target cuz of few meters between ur gun and his armor, and above all, side arms should have the same battle threat of every primary if combined with stalker, actually u are something like 75% threat of a really bad primary played on a wrong spec. That means "no guys, this is not the way"..... Or devs will consider a dual wield pistols for simple semi auto or better and clearly improves damage to a fresh happy ending!
  19. Diggsano

In overall the Reapeater performs the best....TTK, Damage per Mag and ideal Damage per sec and that bothers me...not even the Revolver come close if you look at it statisticly...

The NS autopistol is now under flame of the terrans because it is fullato and it will not even come close to the repeater....

And now imagine a pistol which would have the EXACTLY stats for all classes...the terrans would want a nerf for it...because they want to be the only faction with the best pistol...
  20. Frightning89

There's a reason I also looked at TTK, and that's because it's effectively a measure of (raw) DPS, not only do the TR pistols have more rounds to throw at people, but their raw DPS is quite good (in fact the TX1 is the best of all of them within 8m). This means a TR pistol will kill just as quickly if not quicker than an NC or VS pistol and if you miss enough, might be the only pistol with enough rounds in it to still kill the target without having to reload (which in practice usually means you will die long before finishing that reload).