PS2 Loadout for the zombie apocalypse?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Towie

..don't think i'd want to survive long in a Zombie apocalypse - so i'd go either ZoE, Striker or Mjolnir depending on faction.
  2. WeRelic

I really, really wanted to crack a joke about Decoy Nades, but they're not here to defend themselves.
  3. Gundem

HA with Adren and max Nanoweave, MCG with ext. mags and decimator for whatever mutated monsters come up later.

Once I run out of ammo, powerknife and rampage through the hoard :D
  4. Reclaimer77

A Stalker cloak suit is completely sealed. It can bend light around the player. I highly doubt it would be designed as such to allow body odor to escape. In fact logic suggests it would be specifically designed to prevent all means of detection, including smells.
  5. Shiaari

I'll take a squad of NC Hacksaw MAXes, please, each with Aegis, because when you're a lumbering hulk of metal sporting 6 shotguns, zombies are meh. Also, shotgun ammunition is easier to fabricate than rifle ammunition.
  6. Covah

TR Max suit so they can't bite me.

Dual Mutilator and charge.

I can always smash their head with max punch when i run out of ammo.
  7. Diilicious

A stealth sunderer with dual kobalts that have heat vision. its basically a super armed invisible mobile home. something i reckon im going to need in the apocalypse, i can ram raid a supermarket with no peril to me or my vehicle collect ALL the food and leave again.
  8. Abraham with Cheese

Well, zombies like that hunt primarily by sight or sound, and if I had to be in the thick of them, them a Stalker infiltrator with proximity mines and a silenced pistol. They might be able to smell me (if they do smell), but see me? Nah, I'd be like a ghost to them. If in a group, I'd likely be the scout for everyone else.

If not, then I'd likely go MAX with auto-repair and sprint. They can't bite through metal like that, and seeing as it takes fairly powerful stuff to down a MAX (grenades, rockets, tank shells, tank mines, etc), then I don't see them doing much with rotting teeth or fingernails. After a while, I wouldn't even need ammo: just MAX-punch them all into pieces. I'd likely be the guy helping defend a group from either larger zombies or a significant number of them.

Wow, why is this giving me an idea for a PS2 zombie apocalypse RP or story series?
  9. Stormsinger

I do rather like this - it could be that the respawn system went haywire - it WAS based on original Vanu tech (The alien race, not the faction) - when the VS designed it, they may not have had a full understanding of how it worked. Rather then respawning people whole, it began spawning incomplete husks, and is continuing to do so. The respawn network core is deep in Hossin somewhere (If i'm remembering the lore correctly, at least) ... and it's heavily mined / fortified / protected by all manner of automated systems, and without access to the respawn network... no one is willing to go down and risk their lives to take it offline for repairs. The war has since grinded to a stuttering halt, with all factions abruptly rendered mortal - survival is the first thing on everyone's mind. The automated nanite distribution system went offline with the respawn system, so bases are left with a limited spawn capability for vehicles and aircraft.

Yes, I can see this going places... :p
    • Up x 2
  10. Hammerlock

surviving a zombie apocalypse ? live in a biolab and deactivate the grav-lifts
  11. HappyStuffin

This thread is fantastic. Huge zombie fan here.
  12. Diilicious

and the teleporters.
  13. Stormsinger

Vanu archives would be pretty good as well, as would skyguard mesa... or at least the pre-lowered version

Heck, Esamir is already set up like a prison, if you could blockade the small entrances / exits, those bases would work too
  14. Reclaimer77

Actually the MAX unit has one huge benefit I didn't think of: It's impossible for a zombie to bite you while in one.
  15. Okjoek

This guy knows what's going on. So does Jamie Hyneman =D

I could see this technology as being the way the last species on this planet was destroyed which would explain why it was empty when TR arrived.
    • Up x 1
  16. Stormsinger

I can see Squads / platoons with functional (repaired, at least) sunderers becoming good rallying points. I believe Sundy AMS systems are their own self contained respawn systems, although limited severely by range. I can see a few techs from each faction coming up with solutions for the zombie spawn bug, and fixing their own gear (Or perhaps a VS science team simply broadcasts fix instructions for specifically sunderers... I can see quite a few TR / NC internal squabbles developing over whether or not to employ a fix that the enemy shared.) ... But then, this would limit survivable areas to bases / locations that you can get Sunderers into. Biolabs would be less viable due to not being able to get Sundies up to the "safe" areas, and the shields beneath would only protect vs 2/3 of zombies due to shielding still allowing "Friendly" faction affiliated zombies through...

Yeah, I love this idea, incorporating PS2 specific mechanics in the whole zombie scenario is fun :p
  17. Diilicious

the zombies would just climb up the legs of the bio lab.
  18. Okjoek

I'm not sure muscles in such a state of decay would have any ability to climb something that steep.

Trying to think of other bases with lots of walled off protection. NS Refinery in the north of Indar I fought at recently that would be easy to seal off the remaining gaps. On Amerish there's some bases with some impressive walls on the South West coastal areas.
  19. Diilicious

i actually think about it in terms of conscious humans do not use all of their muscle potential, undead are unhinged which is one reason they are so much more dangerous in close quarters (aside from their ability to make you also a zombie) so they would be much stronger than a normal person would be.
  20. Abraham with Cheese

The problem with that is that it would be a one-time splurge of power. Using all your muscle potential can (and will) rip muscles off of your bones, rendering your limb pretty much useless. Plus, seeing as most "real" zombies have no healing factor, and are rotting anyway, they'd be fairly useless afterwards. Even then, trying punch with all your muscle potential through a friggin' metal exosuit designed to deal with high-powered bullets, grenades and explosions seems as pointless as trying to surf on an ESF with stick of butter strapped to your feet.